What's new

Beliefs, Non-Beliefs, Worldviews and Philosophy v2.0

What do you even do with that kind of money?
I'm sure the poor Familys in Africa and central america are asking you the same thing. But of course you dont care about them because theres an imaginary line (border) that says you dont have to care about people in certain geographical locations. The sad part is you are legitimately mad that CEO's make more than you even though they provide jobs for most of the country, build structural facilities and make plans that help run the world. I am 100% sure you don't do any of that, and have no idea how to do any of that. Instead of complaining about how .001% of the world has more money than me, i am thankful for what i have and work hard, and try to help others. In fact My family has donated over 200 dollars to grameen foundation in my lifetime, which of course sounds minuscule to your uneducated ears, but is enough to feed a family for 3-4 months in niger. I guess the point im trying to make is stop complaining that you dont have three sports cars.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
I'm sure the poor Familys in Africa and central america are asking you the same thing. But of course you dont care about them because theres an imaginary line (border) that says you dont have to care about people in certain geographical locations. The sad part is you are legitimately mad that CEO's make more than you even though they provide jobs for most of the country, build structural facilities and make plans that help run the world. I am 100% sure you don't do any of that, and have no idea how to do any of that. Instead of complaining about how .001% of the world has more money than me, i am thankful for what i have and work hard, and try to help others. In fact My family has donated over 200 dollars to grameen foundation in my lifetime, which of course sounds minuscule to your uneducated ears, but is enough to feed a family for 3-4 months in niger. I guess the point im trying to make is stop complaining that you dont have three sports cars.
holy shit, what are you even talking about right now?

Did you read the article? Let me spell it out , since I'm sure reading is hard for you: The top 1% hoarding the vast majority of the country's wealth leads to a slowdown of economic growth, among various other problems. It's a real problem that affects a majority of this country, so idk where your " stop being so jealous" spiel is coming from. That literally has nothing to do with anything.

Last edited:
holy shit, what are you even talking about right now?

Did you read the article? Let me spell it out , since I'm sure reading is hard for you: The top 1% hoarding the vast majority of the country's wealth leads to a slowdown of economic growth, among various other problems. It's a real problem that affects a majority of this country, so idk where your " stop being so jealous" spiel is coming from. That literally has nothing to do with anything.
ok im wrong, you have everything figured out and can fix the world. Sorry.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
ok im wrong, you have everything figured out and can fix the world. Sorry.
Well, you are wrong. It's obvious you don't have a single clue what you're talking about judging by your first post. Seriously, unless you can actually bring something to the table besides more rambling non-points and ignorance, go away. It's not helping anybody.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Something does bother me a little... Now I know its not a fun subject but religion. So lately I keep seeing these things like "omg they said something something god and jesus, share if you agree."... Yet at the same time, it just seems off. They are strongly against the suppression of their religion, which is fine... yet they are strongly for the suppression of literally every other religious outlook.

For example, I read some thing where people were mad about saying happy holidays instead of merry Christmas because they don't feel its right to have to change their sayings for the sake of others. That's fine, until the following lines where they say to leave the country if you don't like their customs or traditions.

Ok, so its not right for them to ask you to not say "merry Christmas" because my goodness if you have to say the word "holiday" its too much, but because they don't agree with your view they have to leave? Where is the line drawn, where its ok for some but not for all?

This wouldn't bother me at all, if it weren't so common and just all over the place. Its a decent political issue, and one that might as well be discussed. Another thing is people saying "Oh, Obama had a Muslim curtain at one of his things, he must be un-American." Correct me if I'm wrong, but how is being Muslim inherently related to being un-American? Are there not American Muslims? Are there not Muslim soldiers in the U.S. military, fighting for your freedoms? When they come home, and choose to live as they wish, are they suddenly less American because they aren't Christians?

If you walked into a place and said that Jewish people were un-American because they weren't Christian, or that African American people who celebrated other religions were less important than those who were Christians, what response would you get? Do you think people would be jumping out of their seats and saying "YEAH!"? More than likely, you'd get the opposite, and if you asked most Christians if Jewish people were un-American, they would say no. Yet, we have a president that MIGHT NOT BE CHRISTIAN and suddenly everyone is up in arms about it. As though every president before him was the same denomination, religion, and so on.

Also, since when is Christianity the new apple pie? The country wasn't founded on Christian beliefs, it was founded with the belief of religious freedom without fear of persecution. Heck, "under god" wasn't even in the pledge of allegiance until 1954. Most of the "traditional" views people hail as being the end-all-be-all are out the door just like the "traditional" views that got sorted out in the civil rights movements. Remember back when God said it was okay to own slaves? I'm sure aristocratic plantation owners in the south did, yet now its not the same.

Why do we value these "traditions" so much, yet act so blind to the evils that grasping onto obsolete customs brings about? Why are we fighting people's right to love and marry who they choose, simply because some people don't agree? Don't bring up Leviticus, because there is a mile long list of biblical practices that no one ever quotes. Why are we battling the creation of love, and not the destruction? Where is the protests for divorce? Why are we fighting science, proven things, backed with nothing but pages that have been mistranslated for years and years, over and over, as though this time we have it right? Do we still teach kids that Heaven is up and Hell is down, even though we know full well that up is space and the earth is made up of minerals upon minerals below our feet? What kind of 12th century things do we try to pass off, even today?

Don't take this the wrong way, in no way am I saying Christianity is any less of a religion, or a good religion, than it ever was before. I can appreciate the community it brings, the good values it insists on, and so on... However, this idea that its something that has to exists on its own or not at all. Christianity is about acceptance, tolerance, and love. Too many people slap the word God and Jesus on things and pretend its valid Christianity, or that it emphasizes proper Christian morels, when in reality a good amount is hate-mongering using the religion as a guise to deflect personal responsibility for a skewed world view.

Can we stop pretending? Can we stop scouting for key words and agreeing blindly? Not just Christians, but everybody. Can we stop using unity to break people apart? Can we stop using community to alienate people? Can we stop using God as a weapon, Jesus as an excuse, and just learn to be who we are? We don't need to be Christians who hate Muslims, we don't need to be Christians who hate homosexuals, we don't need to put hate next to an all-loving being like God. Stop the judgments, life is too short to hate people, and no judgment you make in this lifetime will matter in the next one. God won't look into you and say "oh well this person didn't like them so I guess I better not let them in".

--- I wrote all of this in response to this ---

My question to you, forum: Am I correct for seeing a sort of insensitivity and inconsistency in this, or am I wrong?
I'll leave it up to you to decide.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Something does bother me a little... Now I know its not a fun subject but religion. So lately I keep seeing these things like "omg they said something something god and jesus, share if you agree."... Yet at the same time, it just seems off. They are strongly against the suppression of their religion, which is fine... yet they are strongly for the suppression of literally every other religious outlook.

For example, I read some thing where people were mad about saying happy holidays instead of merry Christmas because they don't feel its right to have to change their sayings for the sake of others. That's fine, until the following lines where they say to leave the country if you don't like their customs or traditions.

Ok, so its not right for them to ask you to not say "merry Christmas" because my goodness if you have to say the word "holiday" its too much, but because they don't agree with your view they have to leave? Where is the line drawn, where its ok for some but not for all?

This wouldn't bother me at all, if it weren't so common and just all over the place. Its a decent political issue, and one that might as well be discussed. Another thing is people saying "Oh, Obama had a Muslim curtain at one of his things, he must be un-American." Correct me if I'm wrong, but how is being Muslim inherently related to being un-American? Are there not American Muslims? Are there not Muslim soldiers in the U.S. military, fighting for your freedoms? When they come home, and choose to live as they wish, are they suddenly less American because they aren't Christians?

If you walked into a place and said that Jewish people were un-American because they weren't Christian, or that African American people who celebrated other religions were less important than those who were Christians, what response would you get? Do you think people would be jumping out of their seats and saying "YEAH!"? More than likely, you'd get the opposite, and if you asked most Christians if Jewish people were un-American, they would say no. Yet, we have a president that MIGHT NOT BE CHRISTIAN and suddenly everyone is up in arms about it. As though every president before him was the same denomination, religion, and so on.

Also, since when is Christianity the new apple pie? The country wasn't founded on Christian beliefs, it was founded with the belief of religious freedom without fear of persecution. Heck, "under god" wasn't even in the pledge of allegiance until 1954. Most of the "traditional" views people hail as being the end-all-be-all are out the door just like the "traditional" views that got sorted out in the civil rights movements. Remember back when God said it was okay to own slaves? I'm sure aristocratic plantation owners in the south did, yet now its not the same.

Why do we value these "traditions" so much, yet act so blind to the evils that grasping onto obsolete customs brings about? Why are we fighting people's right to love and marry who they choose, simply because some people don't agree? Don't bring up Leviticus, because there is a mile long list of biblical practices that no one ever quotes. Why are we battling the creation of love, and not the destruction? Where is the protests for divorce? Why are we fighting science, proven things, backed with nothing but pages that have been mistranslated for years and years, over and over, as though this time we have it right? Do we still teach kids that Heaven is up and Hell is down, even though we know full well that up is space and the earth is made up of minerals upon minerals below our feet? What kind of 12th century things do we try to pass off, even today?

Don't take this the wrong way, in no way am I saying Christianity is any less of a religion, or a good religion, than it ever was before. I can appreciate the community it brings, the good values it insists on, and so on... However, this idea that its something that has to exists on its own or not at all. Christianity is about acceptance, tolerance, and love. Too many people slap the word God and Jesus on things and pretend its valid Christianity, or that it emphasizes proper Christian morels, when in reality a good amount is hate-mongering using the religion as a guise to deflect personal responsibility for a skewed world view.

Can we stop pretending? Can we stop scouting for key words and agreeing blindly? Not just Christians, but everybody. Can we stop using unity to break people apart? Can we stop using community to alienate people? Can we stop using God as a weapon, Jesus as an excuse, and just learn to be who we are? We don't need to be Christians who hate Muslims, we don't need to be Christians who hate homosexuals, we don't need to put hate next to an all-loving being like God. Stop the judgments, life is too short to hate people, and no judgment you make in this lifetime will matter in the next one. God won't look into you and say "oh well this person didn't like them so I guess I better not let them in".

--- I wrote all of this in response to this ---

My question to you, forum: Am I correct for seeing a sort of insensitivity and inconsistency in this, or am I wrong?
I'll leave it up to you to decide.
Because certain religious people are hypocrites that probably wouldnt get into their own "Heaven".

I find it more amusing then anything.

Edit: In their defense, it seems like they are saying no one should be offended when someone says Merry Christmas, which is true. Anyone who gets offended at either Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays needs to grow a pair.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." --- Theodore Roosevelt