What's new

Strategy Baraka Kommunity Guide/General Discussion

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
21 would be good if Baraka moved forward on 2. 2 is too slow outside of up close. Spin is good in footsies since it's your AA of choice and has a solid hitbox. f2 xx spin works solidly for ranged poking (standblocked spin pushes back out and leaves you at neutral). These all work well in footsies.

Baraka is a footsies monster and can force his way into a solid range because of EX charge. It's basically a safer EX superman that doesn't put you into the corner and is much easier to react with.
god imagine if ex charge did carry to corner,be broken as fuck haha

yea 2 is crazy slow alright,i just use the 2,1 to bait people to move,they see the 2 whiff so try something and the 1 hits,it AA jump ins if range right
intresting what u saying about the f2~spin,the recover ona whiffed f2 very harsh i think though, ive been looking into what strings are better on block to end with spin the slices for the reason you were talking about,opens up the d4 game again

Flagg

Noob
I just started watching Galindo's video, and only last night I was thinking "Baraka chop chop isn't as good as it used to be. Sure spin is a good anti air but what about something else that can lead into combos" and then I wondered about his F44 and here it is in the video!

EDIT: WOW! Barakas blade charge avoids the ground pound, thats freaking amazing! Im assuming because he lifts his leg up. I really hope NRS don't "patch" this.

galindo

Noob
Thank you man .. I was deciding to do the same exact video tactics but (no need for that now), you already summarized everything. Thats cool.
I'm kinna buisy taking finals and stuff so I can't post anything now. But you're video is great.
thanks alot man, your videos are always a lot fancier than mine lol, but i hope this had enough information.

and yeah man im in part time school but working a lot. always hard this time of year.

I just started watching Galindo's video, and only last night I was thinking "Baraka chop chop isn't as good as it used to be. Sure spin is a good anti air but what about something else that can lead into combos" and then I wondered about his F44 and here it is in the video!

EDIT: WOW! Barakas blade charge avoids the ground pound, thats freaking amazing! Im assuming because he lifts his leg up. I really hope NRS don't "patch" this.
glad it could help!

and yeah its because of his leg lift pretty neat but i wish i had more time to test this out too, i wonder if it will have the same effect on noobs teleport, because before the latest patch, noobs teleport would whiff against kabals buss saw which he also lifts his leg

Robotic

Gentleman.
thanks alot man, your videos are always a lot fancier than mine lol, but i hope this had enough information.

and yeah man im in part time school but working a lot. always hard this time of year.

glad it could help!

and yeah its because of his leg lift pretty neat but i wish i had more time to test this out too, i wonder if it will have the same effect on noobs teleport, because before the latest patch, noobs teleport would whiff against kabals buss saw which he also lifts his leg
Dammit Galindo!! WTF R u doing? I don't need ur Baraka lobbyist bullshit converting people into kicking my ass! The best trick Baraka ever pulled was convincing this community he's bottom tier. No, no, no, I don't approve....

galindo

Noob
Dammit Galindo!! WTF R u doing? I don't need ur Baraka lobbyist bullshit converting people into kicking my ass! The best trick Baraka ever pulled was convincing this community he's bottom tier. No, no, no, I don't approve....
lol

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Charge in general, I think, gives Jax problems trying to use GP, especially EX charge.

LEGEND

YES!
Acid Hand did both and wrecked me the first time we played, then i realized that Jax owns baraka up close anyways so i stopped trying to zone and won the set

since jax can so easily punish everything baraka does, most barakas try to get defensive and end up letting Jax regulate the matchup while in theory its actually quite even

galindo

Noob
Acid Hand did both and wrecked me the first time we played, then i realized that Jax owns baraka up close anyways so i stopped trying to zone and won the set

since jax can so easily punish everything baraka does, most barakas try to get defensive and end up letting Jax regulate the matchup while in theory its actually quite even
doesnt own him, but yes baraka definitely needs to space him out.

its just something a little nice for baraka because he literally cannot stand fullscreen with almost any character. even with life lead sometimes its bad...

but anyways yeah its just something usefull to do for a little bit. all you have to do is dash in then blade charge and you can catch them off guard. which is basically what im gonna try to do to jax..

i want to say that for me baraka biggest problem is his SLOW juggle starters, so i started using 121,slices as pressure string, its 13frame, and on hit u can cancel 12into slices for combo, on block 121,slices gives many meter + chip dmg

1man3letters

i want to say that for me baraka biggest problem is his SLOW juggle starters, so i started using 121,slices as pressure string, its 13frame, and on hit u can cancel 12into slices for combo, on block 121,slices gives many meter + chip dmg
best bet for using 121 safely is a jip, 1 has terrible range and is duckable so u can be poked before the 2,its hard but possible but jails on jip because its 13 frames,also if use 121 after a corner reset,the 1 will whiff

best bet for using 121 safely is a jip, 1 has terrible range and is duckable so u can be poked before the 2,its hard but possible but jails on jip because its 13 frames,also if use 121 after a corner reset,the 1 will whiff
after JP 22,1+2 is the best but i found 121 is quite usefull
ofc is duckable etc but still one of his fastest string + safe with slices

1man3letters

after JP 22,1+2 is the best but i found 121 is quite usefull
ofc is duckable etc but still one of his fastest string + safe with slices
very true my friend but it can be jumped out of that way,the 1,2 will hit causing knockdown the 1 sometimes does but if it whiffs fast wakeups will get u

1man3letters

is it as effective as d3/slices ( becouse d3 is 6frames and d1 is 7 frames ) or its better becouse of hitbox?
d3 can be jumped,d1 can not

i use d3~slices way more than d1~slices, makes my opp think he can jump out...only to jump into a spin

LEGEND

YES!
i've been using 21 and linking slices when 2(1) connects making it safe and getting you inside, if they back up and try to punish the wiff complete the string (212)

21's range can eventually make your opponent fear a simple s2 at mid screen cause the range of 2 is pretty solid on its own so if they dash forward they get caught by it and if they try and back up to wiff punish you can blade rush them (assuming they are opening themselves by trying an counter attack) and most of the time it will lock down your opponents brain for a sec while they try and assess the situation giving you all the time you need to do your own mixups. I go for D4 or back-dash>Blade Sparks quite often

this has been working really well for me lately and if used correctly it should enhance Baraka's might for you all, hope this helps

Acid Hand

The Acid Hand
This sounds cool since the full string 212 covers mad distance. I'm always shaky on throwing out a standing 2 mid-screen but I'd like to see it used the way you've described.

1man3letters

yea i brought this up for discussion in thread a while ago

21 covers mad distance i agree but the frames it takes to get that distance is pretty bad compared to say charge
21 is safe on block ,+12 on hit and is special cancelable which other benifits
the 1 can aa (weird i know)
the final 2 is the main problem with this string,although it goes over d3s and a few other moves it has a very odd hitbox (shoutouts to f2,2s hitbox :rofl:) and will whiff ALOT of the time depending on the char you against

the range will catch people of but the slowness of the 21 is what hurts this setup