What's new

Bane Official Combo Thread: "Doo doo doot doo Thats Bane!"

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Yea, the lvl 3 cooldown isn't so bad anymore that you need to waste 3 bars to get around it, but i think the first one is more than worth 2 bars for the positioning it gives. The damage is also too good if you're juiced.

But you're right to save meter for clash. That's why I'd only recommend this combo for the first round.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Hold onto it, Bounce Cancels aren't worth it IMO
Consider this:
(i always have venom 1 active so...)

4..... JD3, B23,44,123,dbf3 (MB) = 1 Bar for 52% / 2 seconds left of Venom left
4..... JD3,B23,44,123,bd2 (MB) = 1bar 52% / 5+ seconds of Venom left (downside it pushes opponent back..a lot. Although its good if opponent ends in corner)

When you think of the damage you are doing, well... Haketh has a point.

The only viable use would be enemy has 60% less HP. You use :

4...... JD3,B23xxWallbounce,44*,J2,113, bf1

* Do it when wall bounce ''flash'' actiivates.

The use is to try and get the Body charge crossover for a nice 46% damage and if Body charge hits +22.50%

Total 68.50% Dm.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Hold onto it, Bounce Cancels aren't worth it IMO
Agree.
The only bounce cancel I like is F2D-Bounce cancel-J2-123,DB1... you get pretty damage after the B1 or D1 pressure(low/overhead)and you get a combo that you can´t get if you don´t bounce cancel.
If you have a JD3 on hit a prefer to stay with my meter full...In the second life of Bane the meter is crucial... The Super is too good to finish a match, the clash will be ALLWAYS on your favour, also ther clash is vital for the cooldown... so, NO i prefer to have my meter full in the second bar of life.

Can someone do a video of the bounce cancel combos please? I can't get the timing right and want to know if I'm screwing up. Thanks so much in advance, really appreciate it.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Are you using db.MB (the dropkick)? If you do 113 and db.MB right after, it should work; no problem.

KidGrave

The Real Red Hood
Found a nice Bounce cancel combo while messing around with Bane. Think this one does a bit more damage that some of the listed 113 starters.

113, DB MB, J2, 123, DB1 38% (57% with Lv3 Venom)
Pretty good corner carry too, from midscreen all the way to the corner.
Can apply Venom during the DB MB animation for 51% total.

BigC

I'm great in my world.
If any of you want a quick 71% with a super combo. It's a pretty easy way to piss off opponents.

(Activate Venom x3 for the full 71%) J.D3, B23,123, SUUUPPPEEEERRRR.

I'm fairly certain that can be expanded on, but I'm a fairly newish Bane, so yeah that's a pretty fun combo.

KingKuma

Noob
Don't know if he's posted about it on this thread but credits to Doombawkz for this combo. I saw him mention it somewhere and decided to make a video. I think this should be everyone's BnB off the B23 string from now on. The damage is 2% higher than B23, 123 xx Body Press but more importantly it has INSANE wall carry. If you land B23 around mid screen it basically puts you one D1 xx Double Punch away from the corner.

Meterless, Lvl.1 Venom - 33%

Here's another combo I came up with to demonstrate the wall carry of the B23, B23 starter. You can get to the interactible from about 1 1/2 character lengths away from the end of the bike but I was kind of lazy XD

Meterless, Lvl.1 Venom, Interactible - 40%

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
I use j.2, 123 xx body press or j.2, 12 (interactable), j.2, 12 xx body press if near an interactable.

jfunkey

Noob
A neat but suboptimal combo i found: (all these work without the jd3)
jd3, b23, f2d, db1 = 32%
jd3, b23, f2d, dbf3 = 34%
jd3, b23, f2d, db2 = 30%

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
A neat but suboptimal combo i found: (all these work without the jd3)
jd3, b23, f2d, db1 = 32%
jd3, b23, f2d, dbf3 = 34%
jd3, b23, f2d, db2 = 30%
Raging charge will also connect after F2D and would look especially neat if you MB'd it.

Yojimzo

One of many Bat-Breakers.
Curious about OHVCS myself, also, for some reason I cant pull the B23 B23 12 DB1 to save my life, I always miss the followup for the second launch, so I removed the 12, still has quite a bit of carry, but not as much as the full combo.

Well, after a bit more futz'ing, I've pulled it off a bit more, though my success rate with the full combo is still like 5%, but I did find, that if you wanted, you can chain the super after the 12.