What's new

Bane Official Combo Thread: "Doo doo doot doo Thats Bane!"

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
thxxx but don't get too excited. this combo has the weirdest rules ever. on characters smaller than gigantic the second set of 113 will only hit if the very first "1" whiffs, which only happens if you start the combo from down town or connect it to a jump in splash. this is probably the first combo in history that has a mandatory jump in clause.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
i dont know what you're trying to say here.
First of all sorry if it seems like I don´t appreciate your find, it´s a new find,for sure. But I don´t find it very usefull. I think B23,.... it´s quicker (5 frames quicker) and safer(2 frames),and hits low....it´s better as a launcher than 113. Yes, you can dash 113 and continued but... why use 113 to begin a combo?

The real problem is that 113 sucks and needs to be sped up. If it were an 8 frame start up it would actually be worth something.

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
First of all sorry if it seems like I don´t appreciate your find, it´s a new find,for sure. But I don´t find it very usefull. I think B23,.... it´s quicker (5 frames quicker) and safer(2 frames),and hits low....it´s better as a launcher than 113. Yes, you can dash 113 and continued but... why use 113 to begin a combo?
iiii think youre looking at the frame data next to the combo instead of the frame data next to the first hit of the combo. b2 is 18 frames and 1 is 9 frames; but don't worry, ill give you a better reason to hate this combo. it only works against big characters like doomsday bane and grundy.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
iiii think youre looking at the frame data next to the combo instead of the frame data next to the first hit of the combo. b2 is 18 frames and 1 is 9 frames; but don't worry, ill give you a better reason to hate this combo. it only works against big characters like doomsday bane and grundy.
b.2 hits low, 1 can be ducked. You'd be better off looking at the 11 link since that's where your first hit will be counting from.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
113 is good when jumping in because your inputs can get messed up easily with b23, even with release check off. jd3, b23, 123 xx body press is 37%. jd3, 113 MB raging charge is 36%. One bar and 1% less damage in exchange for not getting blown up because b23 didn't come out and you're either -9 from jd3 or -1000 for whiffing venom upper or f2.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
113 is good when jumping in because your inputs can get messed up easily with b23, even with release check off. jd3, b23, 123 xx body press is 37%. jd3, 113 MB raging charge is 36%. One bar and 1% less damage in exchange for not getting blown up because b23 didn't come out and you're either -9 from jd3 or -1000 for whiffing venom upper or f2.
j.d.3 doesn't jail so they can duck/block the 113 and you'll end up - on block. b.23 is better because its safe on block.
This is also giants only, just makes grundy even more free to us.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
What do you mean, it doesn't jail? Never heard the terminology. Also, if they block jd3, 11 comes out in 16 frames and b2 is 18, so even though 1 is high and will whiff on crouching, the string still comes out faster than b23. And I always end 113 with a special, so it is safe.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
OOps, you´re right.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
What do you mean, it doesn't jail? Never heard the terminology. Also, if they block jd3, 11 comes out in 16 frames and b2 is 18, so even though 1 is high and will whiff on crouching, the string still comes out faster than b23. And I always end 113 with a special, so it is safe.
Its hard to describe, basically its just blockstun. j.d.3 doesn't have much any of it.
Rather, it does but whiffing the first 1 resets it.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
It doesn't, but if you mash 113 as soon as you input jd3, it'll string together. It works the same with b23, but the timing seems harder and I mess up the input more often than not.

Oogalord

Noob
jd3 is great for air-to-air and crossing up but you have to hit really deep combo to off of it. most people are going to hit down-back even if they see themselves get hit by the jd3, and it's likely the 11 will go right over their head. the overhead 3 may hit them, but against competent players i wouldn't count on it working more than a couple times.

that said, thanks for the combo. i use 113 enough to keep this in mind against the big guys. sure as hell can't use b23 and b112 for everything.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Only the first 1 goes over their head. The second is a mid and will connect. Also, if you go in training mode and practice it, you'll see that no matter where jd3 hits from, if you mash 113 immediately it should string together. Or you can watch acidglow on YouTube; that's where I picked it up from. He does 113 raging charge as a neutral and jump in combo and it works quite well.

regulas

Your Emporer
B1~DBF3 (or into any other special)

B1 gives you 12 frame advantage on block, so dbf3 is effectively at 8 frames.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Only the first 1 goes over their head. The second is a mid and will connect. Also, if you go in training mode and practice it, you'll see that no matter where jd3 hits from, if you mash 113 immediately it should string together. Or you can watch acidglow on YouTube; that's where I picked it up from. He does 113 raging charge as a neutral and jump in combo and it works quite well.
You're sure on this? Only reason I'm asking is that JD3 on hit usually puts them crouching

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Some really optimal combos with bounce cancels:

j.d3, 113 (bounce cancel) j.2, 123 xx Ring Toss (2 bars)
- 44% raw | 49% lvl 1 | 55% lvl 2 | 66% lvl 3
- From midscreen, this combo carries all the way into the corner
- I think this may be the goto bnb for Bane. For 1 bar you get 7% more damage and much better positioning than (b23, 113 xx VU/DP/BP)
- BONUS: If you end with Raging Charge instead of Ring Toss, it will hit them meaty and cross up if they don't tech roll. Loses to
invincible wakeup attacks, but they have to reverse their inputs to do it which is very unlikely unless they know the setup (and even then
still hard to do).

j.d3, 113 (bounce cancel) j.2, 12 xx MB Body Press (3 bars)
- Like the above, it carries the opponent all the way to the corner (leaves you further away, though)
- If you start this combo when lvl 3 venom is just a little over halfway done, it will last throughout the cooldown and you should be able
to juice up again by the time the opponent wakes up.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Some really optimal combos with bounce cancels:

j.d3, 113 (bounce cancel) j.2, 123 xx Ring Toss (1 bar)
- 44% raw | 49% lvl 1 | 55% lvl 2 | 66% lvl 3
- From midscreen, this combo carries all the way into the corner
- I think this may be the goto bnb for Bane. For 1 bar you get 7% more damage and much better positioning than (b23, 113 xx VU/DP/BP)
- BONUS: If you end with Raging Charge instead of Ring Toss, it will hit them meaty and cross up if they don't tech roll. Loses to
invincible wakeup attacks, but they have to reverse their inputs to do it which is very unlikely unless they know the setup (and even then
still hard to do).

j.d3, 113 (bounce cancel) j.2, 12 xx MB Body Press (2 bars)
- Like the above, it carries the opponent all the way to the corner (leaves you further away, though)
- If you start this combo when lvl 3 venom is just a little over halfway done, it will last throughout the cooldown and you should be able
to juice up again by the time the opponent wakes up.
Have not tried this variation tbh. Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't bounce cancels 2 bars? I would also say that in these combo's you could start raw and pump venom at certain points to increase damage, the number would be a bit different though. My fav thing to do is finish a combo on lvl 2, then pump to lvl 3 and get a meaty MB cmd grab. It has stupid damge when you add it up. Take your fist combo for example, 55% on lvl 2, then a 32% grab= 77%

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
They may be 2 bars; had it set to full in training mode so I'm not sure lol. Even if it is, I still think it's worth it, especially in the first round where meter is expendable. The distance it carries the opponent is just ridiculous. And you're right, you can pump venom at different times to get different results. The most common that happens for me mid-match, is to already be on lvl 1 venom when I start the combo and then pump up to lvl 2 before the bounce cancel, which yields 51% IIRC.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
The bounce cancels are two bars. I've often wondered if it's better to spend the meter on bounce cancel combos, or hold on to it for clash situations. I like the ideas of those two. I'll have to try them out.