What's new

Balance Suggestions: Perfect Legend, M2Dave, Forever King, THTB and PLAYING TO W1N

Regarding Bane, read a few comments on the venom, level 2 should be 2 hits, and level 3 should retain projectile invincibility with the 2 hits of armor. It's pretty anticlimatic at level 2 when you get railed by an upclose batarang. As well, projectiles really need to be treated as projectiles to those with armor properties ( pretty much bane and grundy) It's rather odd you can run through shazam throwing lightning at your face, yet black adam or gl shoot lightning/ shoot a machine gun and there's shit all to do about it. As well, I understand the damage debuff, but is such a loss in speed necessary? Makes it rather hard to mantain pressure. A charge cancel would be extremely welcome as well, although it's not like we can't live without it. Few more string changes, like quicker startup on fd2, as well as not making f2 the most punishable thing i've seen on block and we have an extremely dangerous, but still with his drawbacks character. Last but not least, for the love of god boost double punch damage, it's not so much of a guessing game where its eat 20% command grab, or a 7% double punch. And that's my paragraph. Feel free to tell me if it's rather unreasonable, or if it seems closer to a balance.

Edit, of course there's ways around adam and GL's projectiles, it's just odd they have a different function unlike every other projectile.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
two touches and your dead. if he baits out a wakeup move he can punish... safe over head and low if he cancels to kick thing after d1d2. frame data says b21 (or f21 i forget ) is -9 but that is not true.

f21 is useless as soon as you duck what comes next the f2. The only non duckable shit his f2, LK which is -5.

You guys remind me when Sinestro got buffed. He is top 5 !! Yeah, yeah..

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I've done it. I play Superman primarily, but I play almost the whole roster.
You can do the same Phase Dodge -->Trait--->Running Man Stance into a combo for Superman's heat zap (db3) as well. There is no MB version of this, so Flash can still get in and punish for 61%. Deathstroke MB guns I guess ruin it, though. You're right about that one.
Flash is a beast. Really, watch Zyphox's stuff. It's terrifying.

I know Zyphox thx. And I know Flash is very good in some matchups, but very weak in some other.

He. Is. Not. Top. 5.

and a character being top 10 means a character that can compete. Nerf him, and we won't see him in events juste like a month ago.

What've seen in the AK Harold (offline) and Zyphox (online) 's videos is mostly people not knowing shit about this character except his trait combo lol.
And yes, Zyphox is beast, we will see how he does at summer jam.

About his speed dodge, it has been said, it's not viable in real game as long as his active frame on the speed dodge are not consistant. Just like shazam's tp. I didn't see Zyphox using it once in his games btw.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Fuck yeah he doesn't need buffs ^^ but he doesn't need nerf unless you buff him somewhere else.

And we are talking about tier because if you do decide to nerf every viable characters to, in another hand, buff bottom like Shazam, you will need another patch to nerf those new viable characters.

My point is pushing every char in the top 10.

Indeed you can make flash more interesting nerfing his trait damage but buffing x2 his trait recovery. Here would come the risky gimmicks and lil combos.

And making a trait cancel for shazam will make him Flash² which would be nice, but doesn't make any point if you wanna take off what makes Flash so good.

almost? elaborate?

Well, a couple I can't really comment on too much because I don't have any experience playing the character or limited experience playing against them at a high level (Nightwing, Shazam, Lobo, and Hawkgirl). I think GL's trait is fine the way it is. I still feel like Sinestro should keep his trait after a transition or clash. There are three traits in the game that require a prolonged charge : Sinestro, Frost, and Cyborg. Cyborg, like stated, obviously needs his trait fixed. It's utter trash the way it is now and absolutely useless. However, a clash or transition doesn't affect it. KF's trait begins to drain as soon as it's charged, a clash or trait doesn't really affect it. As far as I'm concerned, Sinestros trait is half of his game and losing it can drastically change his MU's. There's nothing that makes me more salty than getting it charged up in a tight match to only lose it a few seconds later to a clash on projectiles. But I'm a scrub, what do I know?

Also, Scorpion. I want him nerfed to the point that he's just a gray box on the character select screen. I just hate the fact that he's in the game.

SZSR

Noob
And we are talking about tier because if you do decide to nerf every viable characters to, in another hand, buff bottom like Shazam, you will need another patch to nerf those new viable characters.
That's why they're suggesting taking baby steps in the changes with Shazam. The Shazam forum suggested double the amount of the changes represented here in this thread, not to mention that one of the changes here is a basically a bug fix (to fix the b2's hitbox so it can actually hit crouching opponents) and another is a practically unanimous suggestion (trait startup buff).

SaJa

FH_FenriR
That's why they're suggesting taking baby steps in the changes with Shazam. The Shazam forum suggested double the amount of the changes represented here in this thread, not to mention that one of the changes here is a basically a bug fix (the b2 jumping over opponents rather than hitting) and another is a practically unanimous suggestion (trait startup buff).

b2 whiffing isn't a bug. Shazam is jumping doing so. It's not supposed to work up close it's just a footsy tool.
His b2 just needs to be faster or need to have an unblockable grabs after it.
His trait would need to make his projectile faster to allow him to make meter and so vortex imo.

I changed my mind about making his trait as good as superman since I main him because he would be too strong.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Disagree with faster startup on all of Lex's projectiles. Missiles would create too easy corner resets... the way it is now is perfectly balanced with nothing guaranteed and only situational guessing games.

Disagree with faster startup on mine too. It would create stupid DD-style block situations, especially with trait up.

Probe only needs slightly faster startup and I'll be fine with that. A tweak to his dash would be nice too. Faster startup on lance blast is something I'd be on the fence about... idk if he needs to suddenly beat zoners. On hit it already gives you enough advantage to throw a probe up against a lot of chars.

Disagree with faster startup on all of Lex's projectiles. Missiles would create too easy corner resets... the way it is now is perfectly balanced with nothing guaranteed and only situational guessing games.

Disagree with faster startup on mine too. It would create stupid DD-style block situations, especially with trait up.

Probe only needs slightly faster startup and I'll be fine with that. A tweak to his dash would be nice too. Faster startup on lance blast is something I'd be on the fence about... idk if he needs to suddenly beat zoners. On hit it already gives you enough advantage to throw a probe up against a lot of chars.

I wish there were more people exploring Lex.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
nah, batman is fine as is. His bats are fine and don't need to be nerfed any more than they have.

VOR

Noob
Not liking the idea of nerfing doomsday yet again. scorpion needs a little work too. has anyone considered improving dash cancelling/jump arcs/mobility for some characters?

So after there is input from the players, can we make one big thread for all the modifications we want in IGAU?
I think that would be a strong message to send and NRS would likely comply.

and this is why i said lex is on the border of being extremely good... just by a few frames

babalook

Noob
if batman gets any kind of nerf i would like to see the whiffing issues of 112 and B11 adressed because as of now his only uninteruptable string is B23 (besides 123 a high with shit range) which is why it is used so much. Also "trait pressure" is something that I think will become less formidable in the future since the bats whiff on most small characters crouching and grant much less advantage than people think.