What's new

B2, F1, 1+2

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
I'm not sure how useful this is, but after messing around with this string in practice mode I realized this is his only string that on hit allows Vicinity Blast to connect leading to a safe jump. Also, if it's blocked you're left at neutral because of the Vicinity Blast. Thoughts?

Ps. I know it hits high and is slow as balls so this should only be used after a jip.

Did you know Ex Fb also combo's off of it?

And Vicinity blast connects hmmm is vicinity blast a shit load of advantage if hit? Let me know bro cause this can be ground breaking if it does!

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
I'm pretty certain Vicinity blast on hit leads to a safe jump. I didn't know that but is it safe if blocked? Can you follow up with pressure as the other fireball is coming back?

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
Did you know Ex Fb also combo's off of it?

And Vicinity blast connects hmmm is vicinity blast a shit load of advantage if hit? Let me know bro cause this can be ground breaking if it does!
I'm pretty sure vicinity blast doesn't get shit for an advantage because of the patch.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
I'm talking about on hit. when the vicinity blast hits them they are put in stagger when i tested it in pratice mode with the dummy set to jump I could jump in punch before he went airborn.

edit So as a block string you would jump in punch b2 f1 vicinity blast, if it hits I'm pretty sure you get a safe jump. If it's block your left at neutral.

I'm talking about on hit. when the vicinity blast hits them they are put in stagger when i tested it in pratice mode with the dummy set to jump I could jump in punch before he went airborn.

edit So as a block string you would jump in punch b2 f1 vicinity blast, if it hits I'm pretty sure you get a safe jump. If it's block your left at neutral.
WOW

I must try that out, a safe jump you say huh, I sure how your right :) I only used b1,f2 ex Fb into free pressure after blocking a tele or etc. But free jump in is way better man, I sure hope your right!

VB is safe jump but why would you do that when you can go into shocker for a big combo? I personally would never use this string cuz it's so damn slow.

IDK man safe jumps are kool and yes it is slow why I use it only to punish or if I get a jump punch into HC b2,f1

the string has use because of its rhythm and motion its slow enough to stop for a grab or occasionally throw a teleport in, any added string or mixup is unpredictable. This string has a sort of once in a while utility because of its awkward rhythm. stopping short has worked for a grab for me a couple times vs good people.

Well I think this is great man I really love it!

All you have to do is figure out a way to get meter back and you good!

Best I got right now is: JIP,b2,f1xxVB JIP 1212 VB wiff(Builds half your meter back)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
At the highest level play, raiden needs to be aware that anyone with armor will blow through your strings b312 and 334. The way rai gets around this is using strings that are uninteruptable.

Rai doesn't get big damage off of these but they build a shit ton of meter and it they hit leave rai at huge advantage:

B2f1 vb
F23 vb (block string only midscreen) (in corner is BEST pressure string cause it connects and combos)
F2 vb
33vb
22vb

B3 string is best used for footsies but once your in and applying pressure these strings allow your opponent only one way out...GUESSING

VB is neutral on block and with tele startup being 1 frame you can do whatever you want if they are trying to bait the teleport cause they will hesitate long enou for yu to start block strings. After you have the life lead just sit back and armor their jumps with eh shocker, eh superman, and tele.

B W1zZ

Noob
One thing to note is B2,F1 by itself is 0, I repeat ZERO on block. B2,F1 on block can essentially be turned into a guessing situation (tele/baiting whiffs/D3/dialing another string etc). I don't use this string often but it can be very confusing when someone isn't used to seeing it.

It's also possible to land B2,F1 after a landed F2,3,1+2 but you will have to short dash into it...this is assuming your opponent doesn't do a wakeup attack.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Also b2 f1 on hit combos into en lightning where both hits combo. And gives yu another safe jump.

So...
Jip b2f1 eh lightning (5 hits), jip b2f1 VB (block string) for pressure...it does mid 20% damage plus more chip and builds meter back and is safe allowing more pressure. I like using b2f1 vb for my safe jumps and block strings because you cannot interupt it as well as people don't see it coming so it it hits I get another safe jump and I can change my string up as necessary or throw.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
My goal tonight is to mainly use this string. This is such a good string. People who aren't used to seeing it get blown up by the long delay of b2. Of course that doesn't matter as much at the highest level, but that's where the string being uninterruptable comes into play. Awesome.

i noticed that this string has a +26 cancel advantage on second hit and i cant remember but tis high on the first hit.

im certain this is viable for a teleport mixup, its also might be viable for en lightning due to the cancel advantage, and it does jail into vicinity blast which enables whiff punishing or even a counter teleport

davidovitch

In Europe!
Whenever I fight Raiden I usually duck when my opponent likes to end pressure with VB. Does the b2,f1 string jail you into standing block or..?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Also b2 f1 on hit combos into en lightning where both hits combo. And gives yu another safe jump.

So...
Jip b2f1 eh lightning (5 hits), jip b2f1 VB (block string) for pressure...it does mid 20% damage plus more chip and builds meter back and is safe allowing more pressure. I like using b2f1 vb for my safe jumps and block strings because you cannot interupt it as well as people don't see it coming so it it hits I get another safe jump and I can change my string up as necessary or throw.
In case anyone missed it...

This string as well as f23are great strings.

Condition for f24, then do f23 vb into pressure. Mix in a jip b2f1 and it's all safe unbreakablE pressure

I've been using this string and canceling into ex-shocker; with a jip and delay of the b2 you can hit confirm it into a 38% combo although it does cost you a bar.

Do you guys think using it in certain match-up's where his main strings can be interrupted is a waste of meter?

I don't see the point in this string. It's slow as hell and doesn't jail off a jip. If you're going to use this string exclusively off a jip, 22 would be the better option. It jails off jip and the block cancel advantage is the same (meaning you can cancel into vb or teleport no differently then b2f1). You can also combo into shocker, unlike b2f1 which requires ex shocker. You can also do 22b4, which jails but strangely enough won't combo sometimes. Either way, more mix ups exist with 22 and I feel 22 is the much better option.