What's new

B2 corner setups and wake-up reversals

Hey Dicks, I wanted to share some corner tech I found stemming from some of the setups I do. First and foremost I apologize for the video quality as I do not have money to buy a capture card. Second, if this is known I also apologize. I'm pretty sure we all know about the double uppercut quick stand meter burn flip kick shenanigans type resets. Also double uppercut into staff cancel ground pound. I was messing around with set ups some more and found this off of B2. The trick is to land both D2's as low to the ground as possible.

Now, unfortunately there are some godlike wakeups in this game like MMH's push and many others where this setup won't work at all. This including Lanterns Might :( but there are some that don't work but slightly changing the set up will work. Here's what I mean.

Once you get your opponent to respect this setup you can start doing it into meter burn staff spin to keep the pressure and mixups going. I know this isn't game changing but I thought it was pretty cool and could be yet another tool to add to his already nasty corner game. I am somewhat busy right now but I tested a lot of different wakeups and will post what works and what doesn't soon. I hope you like! :)

@Sajam @macro @AK L0rdoftheFLY @EMPEROR PRYCE @gpmoney @HeroesNZ @TakeAChance @RM Chongo @BrobaChett and any other NW player. I'm sorry if I forgot you!

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
I like this!
You should try something similar to this: instead of second uppercut do a full 113 for hard knockdown. Traitxxground pound will quickstand if blocked, launch if it hits and the hkd creates a very small window to wake up out of this. (Protip: you can change the timing for their wakeup input by ending with 113 at different juggle heights).
Other options after 113:
Normal wakeup:
-Ground spark (quick stand, low and +on hit granting frame trap. Can be mb'd for same but +frames on block)
-Traitxxstaff spin. Meter burn if they respect setup and block.
-b2. Overhead option from front
-Trait, 2. Overhead with staggered timing from trait
-D3? Not sure if this works. Low but punishable.

Reversed wakeups:
-Flip kick. OH and crossup. Meter burn for launch,
-U3. OH left/right mixup (do early for crossup). Splats. Loopable on hit, +on block.
-Ground sparkxforward dash cancel. If timed right can make opponent wakeup into the corner for free whiff punish. Other characters can do this, too.

Edit: i can post full combos into this setup if anyone is interested.

Hey check out my video
I know you wanted too get tagged so I tagged yoy and commented on here too make sure you know #Nightwing Community Love

macro

Eezeepeezee
Hey Dicks, I wanted to share some corner tech I found stemming from some of the setups I do. First and foremost I apologize for the video quality as I do not have money to buy a capture card. Second, if this is known I also apologize. I'm pretty sure we all know about the double uppercut quick stand meter burn flip kick shenanigans type resets. Also double uppercut into staff cancel ground pound. I was messing around with set ups some more and found this off of B2. The trick is to land both D2's as low to the ground as possible.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/look-alive-richard-stuffing-stoping-and-punishing-wake-ups-with-nightwing.41372/http://testyourmight.com/threads/look-alive-richard-stuffing-stoping-and-punishing-wake-ups-with-nightwing.41372/

Now, unfortunately there are some godlike wakeups in this game like MMH's push and many others where this setup won't work at all. This including Lanterns Might :( but there are some that don't work but slightly changing the set up will work. Here's what I mean.

Once you get your opponent to respect this setup you can start doing it into meter burn staff spin to keep the pressure and mixups going. I know this isn't game changing but I thought it was pretty cool and could be yet another tool to add to his already nasty corner game. I am somewhat busy right now but I tested a lot of different wakeups and will post what works and what doesn't soon. I hope you like! :)

@Sajam @macro @AK L0rdoftheFLY @EMPEROR PRYCE @gpmoney @HeroesNZ @TakeAChance @RM Chongo @BrobaChett and any other NW player. I'm sorry if I forgot you!
Good stuff man but could you post this in the anti wake up thread.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
This is fuckin GOLD.....
Just one more thing. I feel if you hit the b2, why not go for the 71% reset? It's almost rare that you can hit the b2 because most players that are knowledgeable in the nw mu will usually just hold back when we're in escrima.. Now DON'T get me wrong, I absolutely LOVVVEE this, especially if you wanna keep the opponent cornered..

Great stuff man.

Just one more thing. I feel if you hit the b2, why not go for the 71% reset? It's almost rare that you can hit the b2 because most players that are knowledgeable in the nw mu will usually just hold back when we're in escrima.. Now DON'T get me wrong, I absolutely LOVVVEE this, especially if you wanna keep the opponent cornered..

Great stuff man.
Thanks man and I agree I mostly go for the reset but I just stumbled upon this it will be useful in some matches to keep them honest. But yeah I will still go for the reset the majority of the time.

Alright here is the original setup that I usually do that I mentioned in my first post. Some variation of this at least. Some of you know but if you don't here ya go.

macro

Eezeepeezee
Unfortunately I do not man, PSN :( Most of the NW's are on xbox it's a bummer for me.
Well still tommorow i will try to help you out as much as i can.:cool:
Btw do you have skype because that would also help.
So i don't have to send you a bunch of msgs.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
What happens if they tech roll? Or if they tech roll and wake up? I have a feeling it will get punished, but idk. Besides that I like it :)

Well still tommorow i will try to help you out as much as i can.:cool:
Btw do you have skype because that would also help.
So i don't have to send you a bunch of msgs.
Yeah I've got skype. I believe it is shane.schommer1
if you can't find me with that just search Shane Schommer idk I barely ever use it lol.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Thanks man and I agree I mostly go for the reset but I just stumbled upon this it will be useful in some matches to keep them honest. But yeah I will still go for the reset the majority of the time.
You know what, I full screened this on my laptop to see the damage. That's 74% *puts foot in mouth* ANND that's basically a reset.. If they can't tech roll it like pryce is wonderding, then i have myself a new reset combo.. Not only for the damage, but they're STILL in the fuckin corner.. *Jizzed*

TKB

Noob
This tech is awesome Shane. It's really disheartening in that scary corner against your nightwing.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Yes and you reset into another combo. I should have posted a video of that too.
Are you sure about that? The regular xd2 setup into MB Flip Kick switches sides but it doesn't actually cross up, they can block by holding back not front. Can you check that again?

Anyway this is awesome.

EDIT: In the video you posted in that comment above (the original setup) I think the Flip Kick is a fake cross up there. I tested it myself sometime ago but I might be mistaken.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
@RedTide00 Pryce had some D2 quickstand tech but the set up was a lil different. any way I used to do this and it whiffed :\ @macro not sure if you remember when I was abusing you with this and you where in staff and it whiffed because d1 lowered the hitbox.