What's new

Match-up Discussion B W1zZ' LBSH Raiden Matchup Chart

Owerbart

I miss you
Nice stuff.

I believe Ermac - Raiden to be 5-5 I can lame you out and because of Raiden's huge hitbox Ermac has a little bit of easier task if he wants to mix up.

Superman beats max range TKP but I don't know how much of reflexes you need to do that. Maybe, but only maybe, it's 4.5 -5.5 for the thunder god.

Cage beats him a little more than6-4 if both players know the MU. If only Raiden does, he will teabag Cage. It's not just f3 and a dream.

Out of curiosity, why do you consider Raiden - Stryker as an even MU? always thought Raiden would have an advantage but maybe there's something I'm not seeing.

Cheers

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I feel scorpion is a 5 5, vortex is a problem as always and i can blow up the b3 with my d3 and well spaced b2s and f4s as well. Raiden's pressure isn't enough for scorpion to be afraid of and scorpion can interrupt raidens string. I can use jik air grab to blow up standing normal anti airs. Tele is -13 if i'm correct, so i can punish that with a full combo. Scorpion's standing 1, standing 1,1, and standing 1,1,1 will have raiden guessing what to do after, and those can be used to bait out teles/ get grabs in.
I think it's 5-5 too. BUT

Your d3 on hit leaves you at -7 so if I realize that on the fly, it's free pressure for me. But yeah b2 and f4 apply the same to raiden as all of the other characters.

Raiden CAN blow up jik with standing 1 if spaced properly. I do it all the time. But it seems to be 50/50 as far as whether scorp's jik hits me or I get the anti air. I don't think this gives him an advantage, but seems even.

Scorpion's 111 pressure can be interrupted with Raiden's 121 which is 9 frames. I do it against scorpions all the time once I see them going for the 1, 11, or 111 mixups. If they throw a d3 in there, I get free pressure, and if they throw in a d1 and I block it, it's either a free superman or more free pressure for me.

I think it's even. They both have options for countering the opponent.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I just wanted to bring more discussion here. ;_;
Post your own Raiden match up chart :p
I wish people would discuss Raiden more too.

I think Sonya is Raiden's only really bad match up. He loses to Kabal, but it's not really that bad - it feels manageable and is certainly better than most characters do against Kabal. The only character I could maybe see Raiden losing to is Kung Lao. I get blown up by Lao's, but I don't know how much of that is me and how much of it is the match up. I usually just feel like I'm being outplayed. Sonya is the only match up where I feel like I can do 95% of the match exactly right and still not have a chance. If I drop a combo in that match I may as well quit, because I'm not going to get a chance to land it again. Everything Raiden has to do to win that match up is based godlike reads and the Sonya player messing up, whereas the Sonya player can pretty much play the match on reaction and can afford a few mistakes and dropped combos.

I also don't think Raiden wins anything by more than 6-4. There isn't a single match up that I feel like I can shrug off based on the character. Raiden doesn't blow anyone out of the water, not even any of the fish.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Ermac is 7-3 or worse. Talk about getting fucked.
When I think about the tools I tend to agree, but when I play match up it doesn't seem as bad and most Ermac players aren't complaining about how broken Raiden is. I know Big D thinks Raiden is trash. I'm going to withhold judgement on this matchup until I get a little more experience.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
When you take away Ermac's main source of offense (Push) from any area on the screen, he's left with his normals...yeah that's 7-3. Not so great.

Noob is also really horrid, that's gotta be a legit 8-2.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
When I think about the tools I tend to agree, but when I play match up it doesn't seem as bad and most Ermac players aren't complaining about how broken Raiden is. I know Big D thinks Raiden is trash. I'm going to withhold judgement on this matchup until I get a little more experience.
My theory is that big d hates Raiden because he lost to me in pig's online tournament to go to Dallas.

Then proceeds to beat me consistently with noob saibot months later. Haha. What up big d.