What's new

Aw, C'mon Puddin' -- Harley Quinn General Discussion Thread

Jermball

Noob
Thanks, but that's not what I'm asking, what I don't understand is when should I use these attacks, because while I'm playing, F2 and 3 seems too slow to be useful and after 112 I usually jump in 3 but it's not really a frame-trap.
My bad lol read that wrong. Its pretty much what ramon said. training your opponent to respect your approach. I also like to use b3 and tantrum stance 3 to cause fear (and they're safe on block

Jermball

Noob
Didnt know. Never had anyone punish it before because the pushback. Thanks. One less thing ill be doing as much.

Also if j.3 is 8 frame start 8 frame recovery and +8 on block. Is it actually +8? kind of confused

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So what does everyone think about Harley's placement post-NEC? I've wanted to try this character since I saw her in one of the first IGAU trailers. Both TS Ramon and Kitana Prime had this character looking veeeeery good.

She looks like she has a tool for most situations, good damage, good range on some of her normals, safe 50/50, strong zoning. a command dash and a command grab, it seems like she has a lot of what you'd want in a character.

She's great and the players are getting better and better. I loved seeing Kitana Prime's style with her. His match vs Cyborg was one of those that proves she has a winning path if you are willing to grind it out. Beyond just loving the character and her style I think Harley really brings out the player's style, skill, problem solving and dedication.

I don't think Harley is a character that you pick up and get a lot of matchups for free - every MU is winnable as well as losable. I think this is why don't see most of the high level Harley players with a secondary as you know there is a way - you just have to figure it out.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Well boys & girls thanks to my efforts Harley has gotten her best placement yet (3rd Place). I fought my heart out & proved to everyone Harley can contend with the best of them. I hope I made you all believers in Harleen Quinnzel. :)
Your ability to sniff out and punish jump ins with her up-gun is crazy lol, amazing matches to watch :)

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Lol I LOVE LOVE LOVE using it against them d1/d2 mashers. Like damn, hop off the control for a sec ya know?
Make them deal with so many scenarios off of jump 2.

Jump 2, Back 2, 2 (combo) Overhead Low

Jump 2, forward 2 (combo) Overhead, slower Overhead

Jump 2, air gunshot, 4% or 9% and, can check with a Back 2 if you don't meterburn. Creates a safe jump in on hit on some characters. Overhead, then really fast overhead, then do whatever you want to after.

Jump 2, Overhead armor cancel for unpokable armored overhead Overhead armored overhead.

Jump 2, Back 2, overhead cancel overhead, low, overhead.

Mixups man.

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Make them deal with so many scenarios off of jump 2.

Jump 2, Back 2, 2 (combo) Overhead Low

Jump 2, forward 2 (combo) Overhead, slower Overhead

Jump 2, air gunshot, 4% or 9% and, can check with a Back 2 if you don't meterburn. Creates a safe jump in on hit on some characters. Overhead, then really fast overhead, then do whatever you want to after.

Jump 2, Overhead armor cancel for unpokable armored overhead Overhead armored overhead.

Jump 2, Back 2, overhead cancel overhead, low, overhead.

Mixups man.
That's exactly why I do it lol...once you get someone trained hard enough then opening them up becomes easy. Hope I showed you guys great stuff with Harley.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I just wish more people took a liking to her & stick with her thick & thin just like I do.

These Harley forums have been dead...real dead :(

It's about time we all grow together.
I agree, but for me it's so damn hard to find good players and/or don't have horrendous connections to even get legit MU experience. I still stick with her anyways. I still use Sindel and Jade to this day lol. Much more rewarding using characters that rely solely on fundamentals as oppose to characters that do the work for you

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
I wish I could get at least to half of Salt Faces Level with Harley.

People should really know not to try to do cross up set ups on you Saltface. That silly slide anti cross up is so beastly.

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
I wish I could get at least to half of Salt Faces Level with Harley.

People should really know not to try to do cross up set ups on you Saltface. That silly slide anti cross up is so beastly.
It was my secret tech especially for characters like Batman that live off of J2 cross ups on Wake Up. Glad you like it. ;)