What's new

ATHENE BEST GAMER IN THE WORLD Hits CoD Community HARD

R U JELLY of his SKEELZ

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KHAOTIC_ICE

im solo left khaotic
These threads are turning this site into 4Chan, NOT GOOD!

COD is one thing, I refuse to believe this guy is "the best" at a game like SC2. RTS games take heavy amounts of skill, forward thinking and strategy to play, more so than even fighting games.
TROLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Cod has sucked ever since Activision bought infinity ward and fired the top infinity ward guys who ultimately ended up taking most of the cod team with them (mass resignations with Activision) to their new company. Blizzard Activision are for $ only, they couldn't care less about competition or quality of game play. The sad part is how successful they are. Keep an eye on respawn entertainment these are the guys who started the cod franchise and left after Activision took over. They made cod1, cod2 and CoD4.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reedoms

Noob
lol your tripping my guess u were not a BC raider ppl wipe for 7-8 hours on sunwell on the first boss BT and TK was easy dude nad as for ulduar sure that was abit hard but not really Sunwell puts all tho raids in wrath to shame i was a Pre-bc and BC raider
I raided from MC up to the beginnings of BT/Sunwell before I quit due to school. As a healer, I found TK way more difficult than the majority of Sunwell.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Strategy branches off of team chemistry. The setups u need and spawn traps in CoD for each situation is more complex then halo. U have be a one man team against a decent team idk what ur talking about. Pubs don't count btw
You've never played competitive halo, or at least against top teams, you can tell just from this post lol.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
Damn you guys talk shit like CoD is super easy and talk about how broken it is. None of you give it respect or try to understand how the game works. You guys are treating CoD like how SF players treat MK. Damn so sick of this shit about how CoD is "Too Easy" and how it takes no skill. GO WIN FREE MONEY IF IT TAKES NO SKILL DAFAQ.

P.S best players in CoD are in Optic

OpTic Nadeshot
OpTic Murk and the rest of their competitive squad (NOT THE QUICK SCOPING TEAM) not sure who they are and don't feel like looking it up.
Lmao, my lil bro's friend is in optic (The quick Scoping Team). He's fuckin'... it's ridiculous. Idk how a game like COD could be easy though... the difficulty is based upon the people you play. I guarantee if anyone saying it's easy played MLG caliber players, they would think outherwise. Also, this Athene dude sucks. He's free to Engineer, hacker, C4 and good players.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Quake has been mentioned a few times in this thread and its just falling on deaf ears sadly.
Well it's old so that's fair enough I guess. I could rant about this subject for hours but as you said it will largely fall of deaf ears. Its sad that FPS has slowly declined to be suitable for the masses. It should have been perfected by now but instead we see things such as.

No dedicated/custom servers
No mods for aspiring developers
Chargeable DLC
Simplified control methods

The list goes on and on. Frankly CoD to me in its current form isn't much of a step up from duck hunt. Its point and click with the 'level up' options games like Warcraft made popular. Sure its fun enough but its nothing but a watered down version of the games we saw in the late 90s.

Its what sells so thats whats made.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
You've never played competitive halo, or at least against top teams, you can tell just from this post lol.
You've never played competitive CoD and I can definitely tell from your posts. I did have a halo pro from my school and I had a bunch of CoD and halo players they all told me gunskill and consistancy skills are needed more in halo while in CoD your team chemistry and setups needs to be really good, better than halo. I thought at first halo was more skill but after playing CoD and a little bit of halo I realized that both require the same amount just in different fields. I've discussed this with a lot of good CoD and halo players.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
These threads are turning this site into 4Chan, NOT GOOD!

COD is one thing, I refuse to believe this guy is "the best" at a game like SC2. RTS games take heavy amounts of skill, forward thinking and strategy to play, more so than even fighting games.
He wasn't playing sc2. He had Kiwikaki play on his account to boost his score. I saw a match of Idra vs. "Athene". It wasn't him though.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
You've never played competitive CoD and I can definitely tell from your posts. I did have a halo pro from my school and I had a bunch of CoD and halo players they all told me gunskill and consistancy skills are needed more in halo while in CoD your team chemistry and setups needs to be really good, better than halo. I thought at first halo was more skill but after playing CoD and a little bit of halo I realized that both require the same amount just in different fields. I've discussed this with a lot of good CoD and halo players.
No, just no.

Setups are in all team shooters, so thats a really weak argument.
The main thing that seperates the skillgap from CoD & Halo is that in CoD you spawn with everything. In halo you have to be aware of the timers and weapon spawns. Players dont die instantly, 1 man standing around on 1 shot can make a major difference, there is no such thing as a 1 shot state in CoD because you die instantly when you're in the sights anyway.

Team work > Individual skill in Halo.
Also, theres no way that your friend has ever been a halo 'pro' because you're only just old enough to even get into the MK scene, Halo is older than your competitive history.

I've been to enough tournaments for Halo AND played enough CoD to understand the dynamics of each game. Halo is just that much harder, you have to be so much smarter and co-ordinated than CoD.

Team shot is actually relevent in Halo since people dont die instantly, in CoD it isnt anywhere near as much.

Apart from that, the Halo community has the ability to make the most competitve maps since they use forge, CoD players can only play with what theyre given, and most of the time its nowhere near as competitive as it could be.

I doubt you could name a single map on any CoD game that could compare to how good an average map from the Halo series was, like Narrows for example, and they DEFINITELY dont have anything that could compare to Midship.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
No, just no.

Setups are in all team shooters, so thats a really weak argument.
The main thing that seperates the skillgap from CoD & Halo is that in CoD you spawn with everything. In halo you have to be aware of the timers and weapon spawns. Players dont die instantly, 1 man standing around on 1 shot can make a major difference, there is no such thing as a 1 shot state in CoD because you die instantly when you're in the sights anyway.

Team work > Individual skill in Halo.
Also, theres no way that your friend has ever been a halo 'pro' because you're only just old enough to even get into the MK scene, Halo is older than your competitive history.

I've been to enough tournaments for Halo AND played enough CoD to understand the dynamics of each game. Halo is just that much harder, you have to be so much smarter and co-ordinated than CoD.

Team shot is actually relevent in Halo since people dont die instantly, in CoD it isnt anywhere near as much.

Apart from that, the Halo community has the ability to make the most competitve maps since they use forge, CoD players can only play with what theyre given, and most of the time its nowhere near as competitive as it could be.

I doubt you could name a single map on any CoD game that could compare to how good an average map from the Halo series was, like Narrows for example, and they DEFINITELY dont have anything that could compare to Midship.
I'm talking about setups in CTF/Domination and ESPECIALLY SND. They are way more in depth than halo setups dude stop acting like I don't know anything. Moreso stop acting like YOU know everything. Just because I just got into the MK scene doesn't mean I never played CoD or halo competitively. And I do have a halo pro from my school that has won multiple 1v1 tournaments and has played 4v4 variant for both halo and CoD. Your right about some of the CoD maps though. Halo does have different things to worry about like gun spawn but because CoD is so much more fast pace than halo the setups and teamwork needs to be stronger.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I'm talking about setups in CTF/Domination and ESPECIALLY SND. They are way more in depth than halo setups dude stop acting like I don't know anything. Moreso stop acting like YOU know everything. Just because I just got into the MK scene doesn't mean I never played CoD or halo competitively. And I do have a halo pro from my school that has won multiple 1v1 tournaments and has played 4v4 variant for both halo and CoD. Your right about some of the CoD maps though. Halo does have different things to worry about like gun spawn but because CoD is so much more fast pace than halo the setups and teamwork needs to be stronger.

I'm not acting like I know everything, I'm acting like I know what I know.
Did you ever even go to an event for anything before you went to Columbus? I've been around long before you have, especially in the FPS scene.

Also, theres nobody else agreeing with you here.