What's new

Question ask stryker thread

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I also wonder if that combo is now possible with the faster roll toss

B122.. Njp.. 1xx gunshot.. 1xx En Gunshot.. 1 or d4 roll toss

I usually land the last 1 or D4 but the roll toss always whiffs (even in the corner)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I also wonder if that combo is now possible with the faster roll toss

B122.. Njp.. 1xx gunshot.. 1xx En Gunshot.. 1 or d4 roll toss

I usually land the last 1 or D4 but the roll toss always whiffs (even in the corner)
Every friggin' time, I think "Come on, catch him, just one time, catch him on the roll..."
No success :(. I just end it with the 1 to Grenade to avoid the stench of rolling failure, but perhaps now...perhaps there shall be success.
Being a big fan of GATWTFO (Get ALL THE WAY The Fuck Out) screen-clearing combos, the Toss is my butter.
Here's to hoping the combo'll finally work and a Box can get some damn bread.

While we're at it, on a completely random subject without starting an entire new thread...
When I was making my NEWS TEAM picture, I went through a bunch of old Stryker pics, and thought...does anyone else notice how over the course of time, Stryker went from chud-looking cop who happened to have a gun in the middle of a Shao Kahn apocalypse, to clean-cut, buffed-up pro-status badass hero?
It's like casting him in a movie as Randall from Clerks, then re-casting him in the sequel as Brad Pitt.

Just sayin'.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
how in the world do you guys deal with sektor? i always though sektor was and use to sleep on him, but lately ive been caught off guard 99% of the time. I cant spam roll toss because of flamethrower and i cant really trade with missile since i get knocked down. He has a fast recovery on missile as well. Also up close his strings seems safe. to top it all off, this bastard hits hard...freaking 30%+ damage if he launches you.

How to you guys deal with him?

Kweli

Noob
All of the cyborgs give me problems... Sektor can be pretty tough..

I try to stay in roll-toss range and do a toss anytime i see his chest opening up. I hardly do gunshots unless im shooting him during wakeup (it will cancel his teleport... at least on the PS3 without the new patch.. not sure if thats different)
Other then that i try to bait a teleport punch and punish it.

Then i just hope he makes more mistakes then i do ... = \

I do alot of roll tosses against sektor, always reactive to his missle

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
All of the cyborgs give me problems... Sektor can be pretty tough..

I try to stay in roll-toss range and do a toss anytime i see his chest opening up. I hardly do gunshots unless im shooting him during wakeup (it will cancel his teleport... at least on the PS3 without the new patch.. not sure if thats different)
Other then that i try to bait a teleport punch and punish it.

Then i just hope he makes more mistakes then i do ... = \

I do alot of roll tosses against sektor, always reactive to his missle
I dont know man, there is something about this char that i still cant figure out yet. Frankly im just too lazy to pick him up in training mode to figure out his weaknesses. he reminds me of stryker a bit, you sleep on him and the next thing you know you have 10% health remaining after two resets lol. Maybe after the patch they wont be spamming missile as they used to since roll toss is gonna be faster now. I tend to crouch block up close, like I said his strings looks safe. And damn his movements are fast

When the patch will be on PSN?

Yo, policeB. Sektor... I deal with good ones sometimes... if he knows the roll toss, then it can be a bit hard. But, apply some roll toss, to condition the flameT, if he´s already doing... use more gun shot... Normally he will use teleport after see the ineficiency of flameT.

From my matchup thread:
Sektor's strings said:
-1, 1, B1: hits all high. Safe on block.

-1, 2, B1: hits all high. Around -3 on block.

-1, 2, 2: hits high, high and overhead. Around -10 on block.

-B2, 1: hits all high. First hit hits crouchers. Around -3 on block.

-B3, 4: hits low and high. Both hits hit crouchers. Safe on block.

-F4, 3: hits all high. Both hits hit crouchers. Around +1 on block. Often mixed up with throw and teleport punch.

-F4, 4: hits all high. Second hit whiffs on crouchers. Safe on block.
Usually Sektor players like to use F4 and B3 the most so block low. He only has one overhead but it's pretty slow and is on the third hit of 1,2,2.

Sektor's strings are safe on block so you can't really punish him. But since his normals are pretty slow you can easily space him out after you block one of his strings.

After you block a normal Teleport Uppercut, you can wait until Sektor lands on the ground and he will still be in recovery so you can go for a full B1,2,2 combo.

If it can make you feel any better, I was able to Roll under flame thrower a few times since the patch. Still not sure if it's because of the better invincibility or because NRS modified some hitboxes.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
thanks guys, I will try to apply your inputs in my gameplay.

Roll toss under flamethrower? :confused: do you have any idea how crazy that sounds?

If NRS lower stryker's hitbox on roll toss, that's even a bigger buff than i thought. Maybe it would get stuff by jump punch anymore.

I just tested in in training mode. It still loses to flame thrower but if you wake up roll the new invincibility makes you go through it like a breeze. Same thing vs Cyrax net and Noob's shadow clones.

Here's a gif I made illustrating it:

I express myself badly. You CONDITION with the roll toss... but will use the gun most of time. Won´t roll toss, just to make them think you will... then you got a free shot... ot two.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
corner combo
b3 f2 b122 12 12 exgun 114
mayby 114 you can change (
What in the world :confused: seems like you just plugged in half of his string in that corner combo and.... and... and I like it :-D

Do you mean B2F2 or B32? Anyway this combo you posted sounds like a timing fest and quite frankly would deem impossible lol. I'll take the troll bait and try it :)

I tried messing with it earlier. So far I've been able to do:

B3,2, B1,2,2, 1,2 xx EX Gun Shot, 1,1, 4 / Roll Toss (for around 39% or 40%). But I can't do the one he posted.. (the two 1,2s in a row)

Not a very practical combo but it looks flashy as hell lol. I like it. :) From now on that's going to be my troll corner combo lmao.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I tried messing with it earlier. So far I've been able to do:

B3,2, B1,2,2, 1,2 xx EX Gun Shot, 1,1, 4 / Roll Toss (for around 39% or 40%). But I can't do the one he posted.. (the two 1,2s in a row)

Not a very practical combo but it looks flashy as hell lol. I like it. :) From now on that's going to be my troll corner combo lmao.
So it is possible after all. Can't wait to test it.

What other practical corner combos do you guys use when using stryker.
I have yet to see much on the stryker boards relating to his corner combos. Of course I may be not looking in the right place or just missing them entirely. haha

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I have yet to see much on the stryker boards relating to his corner combos. Of course I may be not looking in the right place or just missing them entirely. haha
That's because we are always zoning the hell out of the cast and rarely have them in the corner :-P in my experience, when a char is in the corner, it's either I got out of the corner myself with a jump punch or roll toss as wake up. Come to think of it, i dont think i have a strategy set in stone when it comes to dealing with a char in the corner smh...man i gotta start working on that lol

I admit I don't often go for very damaging combos when I got my opponent cornered. For me, practical corner combo = anything that's meterless and that keeps them in the corner.

I find resets to be most effective in the corner because the opponent can't backdash or jump away. So I tend to often end my corner juggles with D1, 3 or 4 followed by gun cancel shenanigans or B3 mixups.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
fjp; b3,2; 1,2; 1,2xxgunshot; 3 (38%)
fjp; b3,2; 1,2; 1,2; 1,2xxEXgunshot; 3 (43%)
fjp; b1,2,2; 1,2; 1,2xxgunshot; 3 (37%)
fjp; b1,2,2; 1,2; 1,2; 1,2xxEXgunshot; 3 (41%)
fjp; b2,f2; 1,2; 1,2xxgunshot; 3 (37%)
fjp; b2,f2, 1,2; 1,2; 1,2xxEXgunshot; 3 (41%)
fjp; b3,2; 1,2xxgunshot; 1,2xxEXgunshot 3 (44%)

deep jk; 1,2; 1xxgunshot; 3 (27%)
deep jk; 1,2; 1,2xxEXgunshot; 3 (32%)
fjp; b3,2; 1,2xxXRay (50%)

You can use uppercut instead of 3 if you want a little more damage.

Yes I agree, I rarely try to get someone in the corner using him, but given that rare circumstance you do push someone into a corner, or as stated get yourself out of one putting the opponent in it as a result, having some basic bnb corner combos to use for damage or a reset would be nice.

Most of the ones I have seen consist of b1,2,2, njp, 1,2, gunshot, 1,2, gunshot, uppercut for some good damage. Not sure if a standing 3 could be substituted in at the end of the 2nd 1,2, gunshot as the opponent might be to close to the ground.

For the most part I haven't noticed to many corner combos that are much different than his standard bnb juggles except for being able to add one extra repetition of 1.2. gunshot juggling because of the wall.

fjp; b3,2; 1,2; 1,2xxgunshot; 3 (38%)
fjp; b3,2; 1,2; 1,2; 1,2xxEXgunshot; 3 (43%)
fjp; b1,2,2; 1,2; 1,2xxgunshot; 3 (37%)
fjp; b1,2,2; 1,2; 1,2; 1,2xxEXgunshot; 3 (41%)
fjp; b2,f2; 1,2; 1,2xxgunshot; 3 (37%)
fjp; b2,f2, 1,2; 1,2; 1,2xxEXgunshot; 3 (41%)
fjp; b3,2; 1,2xxgunshot; 1,2xxEXgunshot (44%)

deep jk; 1,2; 1xxgunshot; 3 (27%)
deep jk; 1,2; 1,2xxEXgunshot; 3 (32%)
fjp; b3,2; 1,2xxXRay (50%)

You can use uppercut instead of 3 if you want a little more damage.
Nice list, I'll have to practice them up. Thanks