What's new

Question ask stryker thread

use this thread to ask question/s about stryker we donn't need to make differets thread to ask a question

first post will be updated with the questions and answeres so that you know if your question was already asked before and what was the answere for it.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
I have a quick question, What's Stryker's best punish? Also his fastest punish? There's a lot of stuff negative on block that Baton Roll doesn't seem to catch and as far as I can tell that's his fastest punish, and is there a better punish for stuff that goes into the ball juggle (Like a blocked1 teleport) than 1, gunshot, dash, 1, 2, baton roll?

Bolton

Noob
I have a quick question, What's Stryker's best punish? Also his fastest punish? There's a lot of stuff negative on block that Baton Roll doesn't seem to catch and as far as I can tell that's his fastest punish, and is there a better punish for stuff that goes into the ball juggle (Like a blocked1 teleport) than 1, gunshot, dash, 1, 2, baton roll?
I was under the impression that when the opponent lands from a blocked teleport, they are vulnerable for a short time for a full combo? If not I'd like an answer to this question as well. I'll probably test it out and other possible punishes sometime after I get home.

EDIT: alright, when opponents land from a blocked tele, they may block immediately.

I have managed to milk an additional 2percent from the combo you stated by starting with a n2, gun, ff, 1, 2, baton toss. I'm at school right now so it may not be entirely correct but I did remember getting 28percent from it, and 26percent from yours.

One interesting thing to note, I believe you can punish blocked teleport with a neutral jump punch which will relaunch them. I did it only once, though, and it was pretty hard to duplicate with the little time I had, but you should probably give that a try if you want to find a better punish for blocked tele. I will as soon as I get home that's for sure.

CRKFIEND

Noob
A Blocked teleport can be punished by the <- 3, 2 Juggle. You MUST be quick with it. You should be hitting your opponent right before he hits the ground with <- 3. From there, it's whatever you can do in this juggle.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Yeah my initial punish for blocked teleport is B+3, 2 ~dash 1 into Roll Toss for 25%. I know i can get 28% by doing ~dash 1 into gunshot ~dash 4 but it's kinda of a pain for me to land consistently at the moment. I can also get over 30% + but I would have to use meter. So B+3,2 ~dash 1 into EX Gunshot ~dash 1 into roll toss (or EX Roll Toss). But I dont think it is wise to waste meter like that.

I think im gonna have to look into the Neutral Jump after block juggle since it is part of my BnB combo.

What do you guys use to punish raiden's superman on block? Raiden's land farther away after the block. I mostly ~dash 4 into Roll Toss. But that sometimes is a pain too. I'm curious to know how you guys have been punishing it.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Yeah my initial punish for blocked teleport is B+3, 2 ~dash 1 into Roll Toss for 25%. I know i can get 28% by doing ~dash 1 into gunshot ~dash 4 but it's kinda of a pain for me to land consistently at the moment. I can also get over 30% + but I would have to use meter. So B+3,2 ~dash 1 into EX Gunshot ~dash 1 into roll toss (or EX Roll Toss). But I dont think it is wise to waste meter like that.

I think im gonna have to look into the Neutral Jump after block juggle since it is part of my BnB combo.

What do you guys use to punish raiden's superman on block? Raiden's land farther away after the block. I mostly ~dash 4 into Roll Toss. But that sometimes is a pain too. I'm curious to know how you guys have been punishing it.
Honestly I try to punish everything with dash into back+1,2,2 because I like optimal damage. It's a bitch to time online though. Against Raiden you have to look at where he started, if he did it at the right spacing, all you can punish with is db4. It's just a matter of seeing it and getting used to it.

Carefoot

http://youtube.com/nickcarefoot
What are Strykers safest on block strings?

Does the fact that if back 3 lands it forces your opponent into a stance change mean anything?

Also what is the longest string you can do off B+3, 2 & back 1, 2, 2 (I want to know the definitive ones that I can get offline)

And are any of you at Evo?

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
What are Strykers safest on block strings?

Does the fact that if back 3 lands it forces your opponent into a stance change mean anything?

Also what is the longest string you can do off B+3, 2 & back 1, 2, 2 (I want to know the definitive ones that I can get offline)

And are any of you at Evo?
Safest block strings, pretty sure back 3, 2 is safe on hit, but it's easy to interrupt, and the second hit isn't guaranteed on block so watch out for someone throwing armor/x-ray in there. Back 1,2,2 isn't safe, but you can cut it short to just back 1,2 which makes it safe, 1,1,4 is probably safe, although I usually just poke with the 1,1 part. Also it's not a string, but I use standing 4 gunshot held pretty much to start all my dash offense, at the right spacing it sets you up for either a very hard to anti-air jump or a gunshot to deter retaliation or a dash to throw. Also don't overlook his sweep, it's really good, same with his uppercut. When it comes to interrupting predictable strings/making space his uppercut is almost as good as down + 1 so long as you are sure it won't whiff.

Well Stryker is weird in that I don't suggest doing his optimal damage combos, especially offline. Basically I use, back 1,2,2 nj 2 dash 1,2, gunshot then I usually do the reset with standing 3 to gunshot. I like this combo because it's reliable and it frontloads the damage, so even if they breaker it at the NJ 2 you still get around 20%. You can make it longer with meter by doing 1,2 bang bang then another 1,2 gunshot, but it's not really worth the damage unless it'll get you the round. Also sometimes it's worth dropping the 1,2 gunshot to just reset them off the launch as a mind fuck.

Off back 3, 2 I like to do dash uppercut (Thanks CRKFIEND) but if you're nearing the corner and worried they might pop out you can do dash standing 4. Also you can extend this one a lot by using dash 1, bang bang and then dash uppercut or dash 1, rolltoss. In fact if for any reason you want to switch sides with your opponent remember that you can end either combo with 1, rolltoss instead of uppercut/reset.

Carefoot

Safest block strings, pretty sure back 3, 2 is safe on hit, but it's easy to interrupt, and the second hit isn't guaranteed on block so watch out for someone throwing armor/x-ray in there. Back 1,2,2 isn't safe, but you can cut it short to just back 1,2 which makes it safe, 1,1,4 is probably safe, although I usually just poke with the 1,1 part. Also it's not a string, but I use standing 4 gunshot held pretty much to start all my dash offense, at the right spacing it sets you up for either a very hard to anti-air jump or a gunshot to deter retaliation or a dash to throw. Also don't overlook his sweep, it's really good, same with his uppercut. When it comes to interrupting predictable strings/making space his uppercut is almost as good as down + 1 so long as you are sure it won't whiff.

Well Stryker is weird in that I don't suggest doing his optimal damage combos, especially offline. Basically I use, back 1,2,2 nj 2 dash 1,2, gunshot then I usually do the reset with standing 3 to gunshot. I like this combo because it's reliable and it frontloads the damage, so even if they breaker it at the NJ 2 you still get around 20%. You can make it longer with meter by doing 1,2 bang bang then another 1,2 gunshot, but it's not really worth the damage unless it'll get you the round. Also sometimes it's worth dropping the 1,2 gunshot to just reset them off the launch as a mind fuck.

Off back 3, 2 I like to do dash uppercut (Thanks CRKFIEND) but if you're nearing the corner and worried they might pop out you can do dash standing 4. Also you can extend this one a lot by using dash 1, bang bang and then dash uppercut or dash 1, rolltoss. In fact if for any reason you want to switch sides with your opponent remember that you can end either combo with 1, rolltoss instead of uppercut/reset.
Holy nerd chills batman! This is like that Johnny Cage's nut punch rule Brady talks about, ending combos with standing 3 removes wakeup attacks!! This is a MUST! Nerd revelation: No more wake spins or teleports? This is like a 5% damage loss at the end of combos but you get a new setup and you eliminate wake ups. Fucking HUGE.

Cannot emphasize how cool this is.

I need to practice these thank you. *back to the lab*

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
How in the world do you guys deal with Reptile? I never felt so powerless against reptile. My friend wasn't even playing at high level and I was having a hard time. is his Elbow Run really that safe? The matchup really feels one sided. Any tips? I am seriously more worried about Reptile than Kung Lao

I am not sure if Stryker has enough tools to deal with Reptile shenanigans. Everytime I try to pressure him that freaking Elbow run gets him out safely RRRRGH

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
How in the world do you guys deal with Reptile? I never felt so powerless against reptile. My friend wasn't even playing at high level and I was having a hard time. is his Elbow Run really that safe? The matchup really feels one sided. Any tips? I am seriously more worried about Reptile than Kung Lao
You can punish elbow rush with dash standing 4 to gunshot for a mixup or dash throw.

Doesnt work online though.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Thanks man. I was dominating the king of the hill until my friend picked Reptile. Honestly, I just havent gotten a lot of exposure to Reptile since online is flooded with Kung Laos. Also, I faced a good Kano the other day I fear that this matchup is gonna be a pain up close.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Also I still cant find a fast punish for Kung Lao spin. During the final between PerfectLegend and Tom Brady, I saw that Brady punished the spin by dashing forward and started a combo. Right now im working on the same thing by trying to dash forward and doing 1,1,4. I havent landed that one yet and im not even sure if the spin is punishable that way

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Also I still cant find a fast punish for Kung Lao spin. During the final between PerfectLegend and Tom Brady, I saw that Brady punished the spin by dashing forward and started a combo. Right now im working on the same thing by trying to dash forward and doing 1,1,4. I havent landed that one yet and im not even sure if the spin is punishable that way
Same punishes. The dash throw is harder you can land 1,1,4. Standing 4 is most reliable. None do more than 12% though. Online you can't punish it. Both Elbow Dash and spin are unpunishable online.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Same punishes. The dash throw is harder you can land 1,1,4. Standing 4 is most reliable. None do more than 12% though. Online you can't punish it. Both Elbow Dash and spin are unpunishable online.
not being able to punish them online is the saddest news ever since that's where I spent most of my time. I will try incorporate the dash 4 punish into my gameplay

Carefoot

Input the commands in the past start letting go of block just as the dash is crossing you up so right when you let go of block on screen the combo starts. Its sort of like online where your jumping over an opponent to start back 1, 2, 2 and your starting the combo in the air.

Yes playing with lag. Fuck this shit. Honestly I'm playing offline for now this is just a disaster.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Alright in my quest to mastering Stryker today, i got owned by a high level player's raiden, kung lao. Mainly due to not being able to get out of the pressure strings. With that being said, what are styker's best options to get out of pressure? (especially raiden's) I think im getting use to the kung lao's matchup, still hard but winnable now.

Also did you guys notice how safe kano's ball is? it's freaking ridiculous. The guy stayed in my face doing the ball twice and not even my standing 4 could punish it...unless im reacting to it too slow.

CRKFIEND

Noob
Alright in my quest to mastering Stryker today, i got owned by a high level player's raiden, kung lao. Mainly due to not being able to get out of the pressure strings. With that being said, what are styker's best options to get out of pressure? (especially raiden's) I think im getting use to the kung lao's matchup, still hard but winnable now.

Also did you guys notice how safe kano's ball is? it's freaking ridiculous. The guy stayed in my face doing the ball twice and not even my standing 4 could punish it...unless im reacting to it too slow.
Try his ex-roll. both of his regular wake-ups are garbage. his EX has armor. Stryker is one slow mofo up close.

EDIT: It's good to see some activity in the Stryker threads! :)

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades

I'll take a look at kano upball. Also Cage flash kick. Pressure strings are tricky. I think Raiden has plus on block.

If you aren't on wakeup (where ex roll is best) down 1 and down 2 are both very fast. Down 1 is six frames and down 2 is 7. Down 2 has recovery though.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I'll take a look at kano upball. Also Cage flash kick. Pressure strings are tricky. I think Raiden has plus on block.

If you aren't on wakeup (where ex roll is best) down 1 and down 2 are both very fast. Down 1 is six frames and down 2 is 7. Down 2 has recovery though.
Thanks man, i try to use down 4 or standing 4. both works occasionally, mostly standing 4 tho to interrupt some of raiden's pressure. my biggest issue is the damn teleport. so pretty much teleport, then jump cross up. im afraid to jump back so i dont eat up a superman.

oh a silly question, is there some kind of trick to break grabs? I can never be consistent with it. I know Brady mentioned something about back or forward button depending on whether the grab is forward or backward. Dont remember the exact details

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Try his ex-roll. both of his regular wake-ups are garbage. his EX has armor. Stryker is one slow mofo up close.

EDIT: It's good to see some activity in the Stryker threads! :)
thanks. At some point im going to have to learn to use my meter for his super moves. I mostly save my bars to combo into xray lol...well unless im playing noob so i can go through his shadow spams

Edit: you know what grind my gears, when someone grabs me out of my Roll Toss on wake up...WTH man

EDIT2 lol: NRS should have made the roll in such of way for ppl to respected it. I dunno maybe making it into a low grab and almost invincible like Kano's ball, or cage flip kick...hell, even annoying like reptile's elbow lol. That would take some of the pressure off of stryker. maybe that way it wouldnt get beat by jumping attacks or low pokes

CRKFIEND

Noob
Thanks man, i try to use down 4 or standing 4. both works occasionally, mostly standing 4 tho to interrupt some of raiden's pressure. my biggest issue is the damn teleport. so pretty much teleport, then jump cross up. im afraid to jump back so i dont eat up a superman.

oh a silly question, is there some kind of trick to break grabs? I can never be consistent with it. I know Brady mentioned something about back or forward button depending on whether the grab is forward or backward. Dont remember the exact details
When playing against Raiden, don't be afraid to try to anticipate an opponents teleport (because they are usually whored out) with a Jump back + punch combo string. Sure - you might eat a superman once in a while, but it's worth it.

Carefoot

When playing against Raiden, don't be afraid to try to anticipate an opponents teleport (because they are usually whored out) with a Jump back + punch combo string. Sure - you might eat a superman once in a while, but it's worth it.
Forward jump in punch on raiden all day, you can combo into it from the air 'PoliceBrutality' style this guy showed me this online. Basically Jump in punch into standing 4, roll, or gunshot depending on if you want to throw them in the corner or get out of a corner. Jump on raiden all day man he has no point blank anti-air superman ends prematurely if you cross over all day.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
THROWING:
Neutral Throw - FP + FK will throw the opponent backward. you break this throw with FP or FK

Forward Throw - Back+FP+FK will throw the opponent forward. you break this throw with BP or BK

With that being said, do you guys think it's safe to just slide our fingers on 1,2 and it will tech the throw? or is that once you get the wrong button you are screwed?
I notice that breaking the throw sometimes take away a small portion of my life. Is that due to breaking too late? (or maybe by pressing the wrong button at first then the correct one)