What's new

Aris Wins Wednesday Night Fights Injustice #2

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
In footsie range he used DS's low, his overhead, used the Sword Flip consistently to AA, used Sword Spin on wakeup to give himself a bit of breathing room if people became overly agressive, used a lot of ambiguous crossover 3's, and also used a lot of b1u2 in close to mix people up.

Yes his main game was zoning; but Deathstroke is a zoner. Don't know what you expected, but this was a good example to everyone that beating a good Deathstroke involves more than just ducking and dashing through non-EX gunshots.

Also he beat WonderChef on the Fortress of Solitude and Krayzie on Gotham, and used maybe a total of 1 interactible on both of those stages combined.
Gotta agree with this. Aris is a very good fighting game player; top in Tekken, and when he played MK9 he was top in that as well. These scrubby DS players people are talking about in all these threads around here, where all they do is zone/spam bullets, are not Aris.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
Congrats to Aris!:eek:
People who lost to him were inpatient or didn't know wtf to do.Most of them just rally on combos but their movement is bad!

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
Aris' Smoke was very good. Can/could it stand up to Waffles, or XsmokeX, or other Smokes now? Probably not, but at the time he was good enough to get top 16 (I think 9th) at Evo 2011.
aris was probably the first good smoke player. I'm sure he would be able to compete with xsmokex and wafflez if he didn't drop the game

Tyren

Noob
I had allot of fun watching Aris play stroke. But the best moment was in one of his match where he was near the trash (interactable) and just didn't use it, for me that was one of the smartest thing he has done. I also like how he used ex-guns whenever somebody was close to a interactable and he thought that they would use it (got it right a few times too...). Steve did good commentary (gunz, get of my property, this is my land etc ) really got me laughing.

All in all a very good display of this game engine, and I really like what I see. I really like how stage selection actually matters now and can affect a match-up to a greater degree. Also at first I didn't like the clash system (I still don't like how it looks) but I see it also as a good way to add to the depth.

Animations and hit detection (effects, whatever) suck tho... but the game is very fun for me.

Aris is a very seasoned FGC player. Considering at the beginning of MK9, he was one of the best smoke's out there, and only lost to REO and Perfect Legendat evo2k11 (the two guys who went on to play in Grand finals).

A lot of people just flat out underestimate him. He made some really good reads, and played it smart. What you may call trolling, I would call mindgames, getting into your opponents head. Overall, good win. Congrats to Aris.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I'm not a fan of Aris...not after what he said during Cross Assault before SF x Tekken.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Longtime Tekken player and now Injustice community member Aris fought his way to a victory at last night's WNF, giving Deathstroke his first tournament win. Aris notably defeated EGP Tyrant, EGP Krayzie, EGP Wonder Chef, and EGP PBoard Player, staying in winners throughout to face Tyrant a second time in Grand Finals, as everyone worked to try to figure out the answers to his offense.

Congrats to Aris -- and also to Injustice for yet again attracting a large number of viewers, and once again bringing a its unique brand of excitement to the West Coast.

The bracket can be found here: http://levelup.challonge.com/wnfae2013_injustice_2_4
Archives are here: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/395337812?t=1h14m47s
Part 2 here: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/395405587
congrats aris you looked really good

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
congrats aris. good shit. im just wondering now, what are the standard rules for stage selection? it seems to be pretty inconsistent at this point.