What's new

Breakthrough Ares buffs revealed by Ed Boon - Patch notes coming 9/24, Patch drops 10/1

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
ARRIVAL OF DATE FOR PATCH REVEALED:

noobe: "INJUSTICE Game-Play patch arrives on Tuesday October 1st. Full Patch notes (characters and overall game play) will be posted Tues Sept 24 !"
Wow

Imo Ares just became f ing awesome

no joke

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
As a Raven player I agree that the teleport glitches must be fixed

Once again I think these are good buffs that do not overpower the character. Will hold judgement until I see some actual patch notes but I have been pretty impressed with NRS so far.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Come on brother you know how jaded I am...this is great great news for Ares, especially considering these are just some of the changes. Giving him more teleports AND a meter burned teleport is potentially very, very good for him and solves a bunch of glaring flaws.

The only question I have about this is how the meter burn teleport is going to work. I have been clamoring for the startup to be faster, not the recovery. This seems to mean that even meter burned, we still won't be able to teleport on reaction to anything. Although if we can meter burn the teleport late, then that can essentially bail us out of a bad read.
It may be like Zatanna's her teleport has 23 frames of recovery. The mb One recovers in 6 frames ;)

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
I guess they were waiting until they got through all the bad characters before they gave a date. Too bad they got their wires crossed and they gave Cyborg patch notes instead of Scorpion's

4x4lo8o

Noob
Come on brother you know how jaded I am...this is great great news for Ares, especially considering these are just some of the changes. Giving him more teleports AND a meter burned teleport is potentially very, very good for him and solves a bunch of glaring flaws.

The only question I have about this is how the meter burn teleport is going to work. I have been clamoring for the startup to be faster, not the recovery. This seems to mean that even meter burned, we still won't be able to teleport on reaction to anything. Although if we can meter burn the teleport late, then that can essentially bail us out of a bad read.
You're right, this is a big deal. It fixes his wake up problem, which was honestly something I thought they were just going to ignore. It's far better than if they'd done some like decrease the cool down on axe or give Godsmack 2 hits of armor
MB teleport could be really good, it depends a lot on how it actually works. I was hoping for faster start up or something, make it actually viable for counter zoning, but I guess this is the next best thing.

I'm just not sure if it's enough to make some of his really bad match ups feel fair or to get me excited about the game again.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Ares' recovers in 19 or 20, so mb = 2 frame recovery? that would be hype lol
Lol itmay recover in 6 too omg. Wow... Now he can escape from wake ups just like Zatanna. Also he is going to have better meter building now!!! Zatanna's backwards teleport keter building is so good

jaym7018

Noob
People are assuming backwards teleports. Its very possible they are air teleports. If they are say backwards and in place teleports what would the inputs be.