What's new

Breakthrough Ares buffs revealed by Ed Boon - Patch notes coming 9/24, Patch drops 10/1

REO

Undead
The next character on the Injustice roster receive balance improvements is indeed Ares, the God of War! Boon tweeted out an image of just some of the improvements Ares will have. The full list of balance notes will be revealed this Tuesday the 24th following the official drop of the patch on October 1st!

ARRIVAL OF DATE FOR PATCH REVEALED:

noobe: "INJUSTICE Game-Play patch arrives on Tuesday October 1st. Full Patch notes (characters and overall game play) will be posted Tues Sept 24 !"

Edited by STORMS*

4x4lo8o

Noob
So basically they fixed some bugs and gave him Zatanna's teleport?

Better than I expected, it fixes his wake up problems. Still kinda disappointing

The Gabriel

Mean Man
THEY DID IT!

I've been calling for a backwards teleport as the buff Ares needs since we first started talking buffs and I was always shot down. This will potentially be a HUGE help to his wake-up game...as long as the b.s. wakeup teleport glitches are no longer present.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
I don't think the oki vulnerability was Ares problem.....But now that he doesn't TP right in front of or behind opponent, that'd be good.

Though, unlike Zatanna, which I think is what they were going for, picture this fine ass madness: MB Teleports, with 2 of the new ones being behind and infront air teleports.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Besides, multiple teleports should improve his zoning game and make him an OK total zoner now, rather than TPs being pure offense.

Also, invisible+teleports. Yay

The Gabriel

Mean Man
So basically they fixed some bugs and gave him Zatanna's teleport?

Better than I expected. Still disappointing
Come on brother you know how jaded I am...this is great great news for Ares, especially considering these are just some of the changes. Giving him more teleports AND a meter burned teleport is potentially very, very good for him and solves a bunch of glaring flaws.

The only question I have about this is how the meter burn teleport is going to work. I have been clamoring for the startup to be faster, not the recovery. This seems to mean that even meter burned, we still won't be able to teleport on reaction to anything. Although if we can meter burn the teleport late, then that can essentially bail us out of a bad read.