What's new

Arcade Stick showroom

X820

Noob
Tim Static said:
concave for MK/Marvel

convex for SF/SNK

and honestly, i grew up playing in AMERICAN arcades so I prefer american buttons and bat top sticks

The whole concave/convex issue is really preference, like everything..

I've seen a lot of custom stick with mk layout online and most used convex, so whatever lol :p

Yeah, as stick go I'd definetly go for bat top, like described earlier :)

GoldenOreos said:

my temp sticks until i can get some wood to make a real box lol

Yo! Golden Oreos- do you have the button layout measurements?

I found this site to make arcade sticks with a link to buy a the Cthulhu PCB
which makes it easier for bone heads like me to make my own stick http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=5037

I'd like to be as close to the MK dimensions as possible and your pics look on point reguardless of what they are mounted to.

Also, as far as the wire goes, did you go high or low priced and the size I am not schooled in either?

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
i used butt connectors and the wire, i had some sitting around so u can get any kind aslong as its not huge thick wire, the template i used is this http://www.darktemplarz.com/umk3/layout.pdf i got it from Shock, all i did was print it out and taped it to the box and marked all the points. i used a 1 1/4 bit for the joystick hole, and a 1 1/8 bit for the buttons, i also have a drill press so i could get straight holes, u can use a hand drill, just be sure ur on point when u start it. if u need any other info just ask.

wazz

Noob
nice stick ac i thought u a kb player. how much u pay 4 the stick ac

Tim static has the same stick but with all umk3 chars has the picture i think

AC1984

Kaballin!
I am a KB player but I'm looking forward to change that and become a stick player like i used to be back in 1996-1997.
Probably road to EVO and Summer Slam are going to be my last to tourneys on a KB, or at least I'll try to.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Nah its not the same. But the stick AnalCunt has is a classic. Its Shock's old Dreaded Fist stick but with new buttons and stick. Its an awesome stick, too....still! :)

X820

Noob
I once saw a stick on umk.com i beleive it was not sure though, that was like a miniature umk3 control panel, it even had red t-molding on the sides, that thing was badass!

Dark_Rob

Noob
some various pics of my arcade sticks.

The Hori Real Arcade Pro VLX Premium. Basically a limited edition run by Hori. As close to having a true copy of the Taito Vewlix Street Fighter 4 arcade panel used in Japan. Sanwa JLF stick and Sanwa OBSF-30 buttons.

My arcade in a box UMK3 True arcade stick. I.L. Competition stick and convex buttons. artwork created by 9.95.

A group shot of a few different sticks.
Top left: Arcade in a box slim arcade. Sanwa JLF stick. Sanwa OBSF-30 buttons. curved close layout.
Top right: aforementioned UMK3 stick.
Bottom left: Madcatz "S" edition Super Street Fighter 4 T.E. Stick. Sanwa stick and buttons
Bottom right: Madcatz Round 2. Street Fighter 4 T.E. Sanwa stick and buttons.

Qanba wireless joystick sanwa stick and buttons. This one is 9.95's favorite.

Another group shot. To many sticks to list.

AC1984

Kaballin!
As i mentioned in MKE, great collection Rob!!!

P.S. might be offtopic and if it is the pls let the moderators wipe it out but...i am looking for a second UMK3 layout stick...the condition doesn't matter as long as it works properly.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I want to order a stick from AIAB but the order forms are rocket science, I have no idea what I'm looking for since I want an MK layout.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Dreamcatcher said:
I want to order a stick from AIAB but the order forms are rocket science, I have no idea what I'm looking for since I want an MK layout.
Yes they're E-store could use a little navigational tweaking but I will help you out here.
Im gonna assume you want a standard model and not a custom one since they are more $$$

Click on this link: http://www.aiabstore.com/product.sc?productId=44&categoryId=16

This is where you select your options for what kind of configuration you want for your stick. They are drop down menus and easy to use

Here is a sample I filled out:
* Marked fields are required.
System * 360 (+$140.00)
Controller Type * True Arcade
Button Type * Convex (+$12.00)
Joystick Type * Competition (+$10.00)
Button Layout * MK
Color * Black
Headset Jack * No Thanks
Extras * No extras
Qty*
Price $0.00
Adjusted Price $162.00
# Available

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Dark_Rob said:
Yes they're E-store could use a little navigational tweaking but I will help you out here.
Im gonna assume you want a standard model and not a custom one since they are more $$$

Click on this link: http://www.aiabstore.com/product.sc?productId=44&categoryId=16

This is where you select your options for what kind of configuration you want for your stick. They are drop down menus and easy to use

Here is a sample I filled out:
* Marked fields are required.
System * 360 (+$140.00)
Controller Type * True Arcade
Button Type * Convex (+$12.00)
Joystick Type * Competition (+$10.00)
Button Layout * MK
Color * Black
Headset Jack * No Thanks
Extras * No extras
Qty*
Price $0.00
Adjusted Price $162.00
# Available
Thanks. I assume 360 and PS3 versions also work for PC?

Dark_Rob

Noob
Dreamcatcher said:
Thanks. I assume 360 and PS3 versions also work for PC?
Yes they do. In fact if you only want this for PC. You can select "no system" in the system drop down menu and save yourself some $$$.

ScheissNussen said:
Yeah looks like it was originally going to be in some crappy sci-fi movie control room or something. Look at all the damned buttons on top of it, I wonder if those are for dip switches or something.

I bet it is really hard to break outside of dumping coffee on it, you could probably throw it down a flight of stairs and it would just chip the wood floor at the bottom.
It looks like some kind of Supergun with the control panel built onto it.

Dark_Rob

Noob
I think Ive seen those machines with the screens on them on the six million dollar man.....We has the technology, we can rebuild him.