What's new

Arcade Stick Promotion from Arcade in a Box for UMK members!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Correction. I ordered 2. I really hope this is worth it, and if it is we'll make a section for their sticks on the site or at least something pointing out "Hey you know you how we suggest getting sticks so much? Well now you can." I'll let everyone know how they are as soon as I get them.

Derek

Noob
I know you ordered two UMK3 layout sticks but did you go with Concave or Convex buttons? Happ stick or Sanwa? Colors? Background?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Convex buttons, Happ Sticks (people are more use to them), I have some custom artwork for the BG. It'll be red buttons for attacks, maybe white for options, back for the stick. I have to contact them after the order is processed.

X820

Noob
I'm really curious how they will look like and play ofcourse..

I made one myself using HAPP parts, and it's great!

Every now and then I make / build a stick for someone who wants one, only I can't make one for $149, it just wouldn't cover my expenses, time and effort..

Will you post pictures when you have them Shock?

*edit:

Btw, wich stick did you order, Competition or Super ?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'll post pics asap. I will be getting the happ competition stick, as that seems to be the best, I am asking them about all the options because when I ordered them none of those specific options were there, ie button colors, stick color, box color, box trim, spring type, etc. Once I get all of that I'll list it.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Cool, thanks Shock. I was wpndering about all that stuff.

Anybody know if he does PS3? I want a 2 player stick for MKII. I have an extra control panel, but I cant find anybody that can do it. Goddamn Sixaxis.

FYI for anyone who cares....I am finally getting my UMK3 cab buttons and stick replaced. Yea!

dreemernj

Ambassador
They don't have PS3 sticks listed on arcadeinabox.com but they have the option to request a quote on custom work.

Does anyone know the turn around time for these once you order one? Maybe if they get enough referrals from this site, they will have the www.ultimatemk.com special. Complete with the recommended parts and price!! Just a thought... and hope.

dreemernj

Ambassador
thisisjust said:
Does anyone know the turn around time for these once you order one? Maybe if they get enough referrals from this site, they will have the www.ultimatemk.com special. Complete with the recommended parts and price!! Just a thought... and hope.
We'll have to see if they get the Shock seal of approval.

And for the record, the i-pac from Ultimarc.com does not. Just putting it out there as I fiddled trying to get either of the 2 I have here to function properly as I have been trying to get used to using the arcade stick. But, sadly, the 2 I have stutter, lose button input, and general suck ass.

If the joystick works, and it uses the real happ competition parts, it will be great. Its all in the parts, otherwise its just a box lol. As long as it actually works it will be all good.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
OK, black stick, red attack buttons, white back button, green guide button, white P1 Start logo button, black box with black trim, and a custom graphic modified from the MKA poster, so when you put the sticks side by side it makes one big picture.

The turn around time is 2 to 3 weeks, ArcadeEd signed up to the site to answer questions.

Derek

Noob
Yeah he posts on SRK too. I asked him a few questions there, I guess I should have posted that thread in the first post of this thread when I was making it.

Derek

Noob
The mag sticks aren't that good. I'd prefer the Happ competition stick to it as well as the Sanwa JLF with a bat top. As far as Happ vs. Sanwa it's all preference and I like them both about the same but the Sanwa has to have the bat top on it which you'd have to buy sperately(probably, don't quote me on that).

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to jump in real quick and say hello. I'm Ed from Arcade-In-A-Box. I'll try to answer questions around here if I find the time, but it's always best to just email me from the main website.

I hope those of you that have ordered sticks enjoy them.

Thanks.

ArcadEd said:
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to jump in real quick and say hello. I'm Ed from Arcade-In-A-Box. I'll try to answer questions around here if I find the time, but it's always best to just email me from the main website.

I hope those of you that have ordered sticks enjoy them.

Thanks.
>_>

I'm Ed Boon. I'll be happy to answer any and all questions regarding the Mortal Kombat series of games.

Since you all seem to be the go to gang for MK, I wanted to get your opinion on my MK3 layout.

How should the buttons be wired by default.

For example.

Joystick-----------A--------B
------------------------RB
--------------------X--------Y
---------------LB

I guess it really doesnt' matter much since you can just reconfigure, but I like to ship each one out the same.

Let me know your thoughts.

ArcadEd said:
Since you all seem to be the go to gang for MK, I wanted to get your opinion on my MK3 layout.

For example.

---------------LB

I guess it really doesnt' matter much since you can just reconfigure, but I like to ship each one out the same.

Looks good to me. I'd play it defaulted to that setting.

ArcadEd said:

For example.

---------------LB

Actually, part of the problem is you CAN'T reconfigure in UMK3 for the 360. So the button assignments have to be hard-wired exactly right.

Here it is:

Joystick-----------X--------Y
--------------------A--------B
---------------LB

Hope that helps. Once the rash of cool games coming out dries up, I'l probably be getting back into MK more, so I hope you'll be making sticks for a while.