What's new

Arcade Stick Promotion from Arcade in a Box for UMK members!

Derek

Noob
http://www.arcadeinabox.com is offering a $15 discount (equal to free shipping anywhere in the US) by using the code: UMKCOM during checkout.

Look for future possible promotions and contests here. We hope that some of the members here who have been anxious to get a UMK3 format stick will take advantage of this generous opportunity from ArcadEd.

Edit by: Shock

Alright, I figure since ILP can't do my stick at this time and I'm getting my money back and there are a lot of posts about sticks around here that I'd post what I'm doing with my money once I get it back.

http://www.arcadeinabox.com/

Pretty simple concept, you want a custom stick? Here's how you really get it done, professionally and quickly.

Basically the guy who runs this site can and will do anything for 360 owners who want and can afford a stick. Now they're not exactly cheap sticks, but they're quality. Just look at the first image. He does MK Layout, SF(USA) Layout and SF(Japan) Layout. You get to choose the stick and buttons. You'll get a solid black or white stick for 149.00 even not including shipping. For 15 dollars more you can get a headset jack. For 30 bucks more you can either choose from using a custom background that you create or one that is used in the image on the front page. Hell, you can even get a Sanwa Ball top stick for 10 bucks more.

So whenever I get my money back I plan on buying one of these bad boys. From what people who have bought them said they're like a MAS stick but super high quality.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
This is something that is necessary for many players on here. I encourage anyone who has some extra cash to invest in a stick. I need two sticks for console tournaments since there always seem to be more stick players than pad players, and right now I only have one that barely works.

This is truly a God send guys, you don't even understand ! :twisted:

Much appreciated, already submitted some queries !

:crosses-fingers:

Derek

Noob
StuScotsLazyEye said:
Oh, and from the pictures, it looks like they used HAPP parts.
Yeah they're Happ parts, the concave are Happ Ultimate buttons and the convex are Happ Competition buttons. I talked to the guy and he says he thinks he'll add a option for Sanwa and Seimistu screw in buttons.

Derek

Noob
Tim Static said:
vasili0s1821 said:
This is truly a God send guys, you don't even understand!
Oh I COMPLETELY understand. I still have so many problems on that poopy pad.
Ever try to play 3S on the damn thing? I've never ever gotten mad while playing 3S but that shit does it to you. So much input lag, I can't even air-hadouken with Akuma 50% of the time. Sometimes it comes out and other times it's a fierce punch and I get punished.

dubson

Noob
Excellent find bro. Finally we can play some 3S the way it should be.

I need to get one for SF and one for MK.

Man this is gonna hurt the pockets dude.

These look fuckin sweet.

I haven't played UMK in about 2 months now, but think I'll be buying one of these. Since you can't change the button layout within UMK3 hopefully he has the buttons where they should be out of the box!

I want to get one of these. On the page it says "We have access to over 400gb of restored arcade artwork that can be used for your custom overlay." I emailed them asking them if they have any custom UMK3/MK3 overlays already done. If they don't I'm going to need to find an artist to cook me up a cool looking custom one. Are convex/concave just a personal preference or is one better than the other for fighting games?

elitebomberX said:
I want to get one of these. On the page it says "We have access to over 400gb of restored arcade artwork that can be used for your custom overlay." I emailed them asking them if they have any custom UMK3/MK3 overlays already done. If they don't I'm going to need to find an artist to cook me up a cool looking custom one. Are convex/concave just a personal preference or is one better than the other for fighting games?
I prefer concave buttons. To me, they have a longer throw compared to convex.

I was under the impression that convex was the better and the sole choice amongst players out there, especially with fighters. From my impression the convex had a faster reaction time with the microswitch thanks mainly to the button surface area of the convex and with the same flat surface give a more comfortable feel as well to players.

Someone willing to shed some light on the issue ? I'm very curious as well.

Anyways, I already submitted payment for what its worth, I'll definately be filling you guys in with the product !

Derek

Noob
IMO the Happ Competition buttons(Convex) are far better than the Happ Ultimate buttons(Concave). Overall I prefer the Sanwa buttons over any button but Convex vs. Concave is personal opinion. There is more throw in the concave buttons and I don't like that.

I have convex sanwa buttons on my stick and concave happ comp buttons on my cabinet. The difference between the 2 isnt anything noticeable as far as the response. I'm liking the feeling of convex buttons though these days.

Derek

Noob
Actually if he found this when he said he did, technically he did find it before me. I just posted first. :p

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This is about as retarded as the people on MKO who race to be the first post on any news lead...

Good find guys, stay on topic.

dreemernj

Ambassador
These sticks look great. Their 2 player ones look kind of silly but the 1 player looks like it'd be awesome to use. I am about getting my PC arcade stick running again (it died last time I hooked it up) and will be trying to use that for playing online. Maybe an investment in one of these would be worth it. 360 stick will work on PC too and that way if I they ever fix the RROD problems and I can buy a 360, I'll be all set :-D