What's new

Tech Aquaman Combo Thread

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That combo is supposed to do like 45% if I am not mistaken! Looks like pre release Aquaman damage? Are you sure this is the current version of the game?
By current version I assume you mean release version? If so then yes, I just haven't downloaded the latest update though. :oops:

Ben Reed

Marine Biologist
kappie.wp

You definitely need to patch, then, lol. The very first update to the release build (the "day one" patch) nerfed Aquaman's damage significantly. Lots of other changes to characters as well (removed wallbounce from Nightwing staff DB3 MB, finally killed Lex's infinite, etc.).

Can anyone give me tips on hit-confirming the b12 and 22 strings into df1 or db2? I'm really not getting it, and I'm usually pretty competent with hit confirms.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
So what is the general aquaman meterless BnB? Right now i have this>>> J2,b12~From the deep, d1~Scoop,22~From the Deep 31 %....34% if you finish with trident toss

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
I feel off b12 you should confirm into db2 instead of scoop. It leads to more damage and since scoop is heavily punishable now it makes more sense to just use db2. So b12xdb2 b12xdb2MB 22scoop f2 1+3

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Can anyone give me tips on hit-confirming the b12 and 22 strings into df1 or db2? I'm really not getting it, and I'm usually pretty competent with hit confirms.
The window is so small I don't find it possible to hit confirm into db2 while simultaneously block confirming df1.

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kappie.wp

You definitely need to patch, then, lol. The very first update to the release build (the "day one" patch) nerfed Aquaman's damage significantly. Lots of other changes to characters as well (removed wallbounce from Nightwing staff DB3 MB, finally killed Lex's infinite, etc.).
Will download for sure this weekend then :oops: I don't play online at all with my shitty connection so I hardly ever connect my ps to the net. :(

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
The window is so small I don't find it possible to hit confirm into db2 while simultaneously block confirming df1.
Really? I know you have your hitconfirms down as a cage player, so that is really weird because I can confirm that while barely paying attention. At least off of b12. I rarely use the 22 string, so maybe that is harder to confirm and I am not realizing it?

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Really? I know you have your hitconfirms down as a cage player, so that is really weird because I can confirm that while barely paying attention. At least off of b12. I rarely use the 22 string, so maybe that is harder to confirm and I am not realizing it?
So you can confirm that the b12 is hitting and do db2 and confirm it is not hitting and do df1? I guess it's possible, but it's kind of hard:p Maybe if I get enough match practice and get it in to my muscle memory. Confirming that b12 is hitting and react with db2, or confirm that it is not hitting by not doing anything, on the other hand, is much easier IMO.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
So you can confirm that the b12 is hitting and do db2 and confirm it is not hitting and do df1? I guess it's possible, but it's kind of hard:p Maybe if I get enough match practice and get it in to my muscle memory. Confirming that b12 is hitting and react with db2, or confirm that it is not hitting by not doing anything, on the other hand, is much easier IMO.
Yeah I can't remember the last time I missed it, I trident rush on block, and FTD on hit.

Same here. I can hit confirm into seismo, and I can block confirm into lightning legs, but I can't do both. If they were both db movements I could do it, but because you have to buffer completely different motions for each move, I can't do it.

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
SimSim

Yeah, not doing anything on block and doing db2 on hit is pretty easy.

HGTV Soapboxfan

Could be possible, I set the CPU to random block in training and tried to hit confirm db2 and block confirm df1 off the first hit and I cannot do it with enough consistency to think its possible to react then choose which motion to do fast enough.

shoshinsha

On block do b123. I'm not the best at it atm, but I think totally doable.

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
New corner BnB

b12 xx db2, b123 xx db2 MB, 1, b123 xx db1, f2 1+3

44%. Adds 1 more percent than the combos that don't add the 1, and it's just as easy still.

Ben Reed

Marine Biologist
With the nerf to scoop I honestly think I'd just do DF1 as a special cancel if it was a b2 I wasn't SURE was going to hit. If it hits, crappy combo, but b2~DB1 combos weren't very big to begin with. And if it's blocked, as long as all hits get blocked, it's only -10 and really hard for most characters to punish (reversals aren't easy due to the multiple hits, you have to make sure you've blocked everything before releasing guard to buffer your reversal).

If I'm almost or completely sure the b2's gonna hit, I'd just do b2u3. More damage that way anyway (32% meterless vs. 25% meterless from b2~DB1).

If you're really worried about scoop being blocked and punished, you could also practice confirming from b2 standalone as well. Less punishable than scoop, but you still have to burn trait to protect it, since it's -8 and d1/1 punishable by pretty much everybody up close.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
SimSim

Yeah, not doing anything on block and doing db2 on hit is pretty easy.

HGTV Soapboxfan

Could be possible, I set the CPU to random block in training and tried to hit confirm db2 and block confirm df1 off the first hit and I cannot do it with enough consistency to think its possible to react then choose which motion to do fast enough.

shoshinsha

On block do b123. I'm not the best at it atm, but I think totally doable.
When I get home from school I will put the cpu on random block and test, and make a video of what I do. if I can do it for sure, we will have to try and figure out what I'm doing different than everyone else.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Okay you guys... I don't have access to anything to record with right now unfortunatly. But I did have some success (about 90 percent of the time, but I believe thinking about the hitconfirm actually messes you up.) Here is how I am doing it. I put the string in as fast as possible, then press down, and then you have a little pause where you can confirm off of the animation of your opponent, and then input either fwd1 or b2. See if anyone has any success. This is honestly really wierd.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
More updates on the hit confirms I am getting it about 70 percent. I've decided that when I'm not sure I will just rush and if I want damage mb

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
B2 can be hit confirmed into b12 combo if ur in range... B2 is a great overhead..but what about using F3? It gives advantage on block plus its easily confirmed into a combo on hit..

Ben Reed

Marine Biologist
f3 has nice advantage and damage from foll0w-ups, but kinda short range compared to b2. Definitely a good move to use occasionally against someone you've trained to sit still, though. The MB version can come in handy as well, as long as you're not fighting somebody who can slide under his little hop like with KF's slide.

Trekiros

Probably a lunatic
IO shenanigans. I did not include the damage from aerials.
Bold means I consider them worth learning. The other ones are kinda meh.
I only used simple combos. There is a LOT of room to improve these I think.

Solitude specific :
Top left, facing left :
(ji3), 22, db1, 22, IO, b3, ji2, f2 1+3 — 39% no meter
(ji3), 22, db1, 22, IO, b3, 22, db2 MB, f2 1+3 — 44%, 1 meter
Top left, facing right :
IO, b3, ji3, 22, IO, 22, db1, f2 1+3 — 57%, no meter
IO, 22, db2 MB, 22, IO, b3, f2 1+3 — 59%, 1 meter
Top right, facing right :
(ji3), 22, db1, 22, IO, wait, b3, f2 1+3 — 29%, no meter, reset in corner
(ji3), 22, db2, IO, wait, b3 — 30%, no meter, transition
(ji3), 22, db2 MB, 22, db1, 22, IO, wait, b3, f2 1+3 — 41%, 1 meter, reset in corner
(ji2), b2 u3, 22, db2 MB, f2, IO, wait, b3 — 42%, 1 meter, transition
Top right, facing left :
22, db2 MB, 22, db1, f2, IO, wait, b3 — 43%, 1 meter, transition
Got lazy here.

More generic :
Z bouncers :
(ji3), 22, IO, b3, ji3, 22, db2 MB, 22, db1, f2 1+3 — 48%, 1 meter
b3, ji3, (22), IO, 22, db1, f2 1+3 — 37(41)%, no meter (after an armored b3)
Transitions :
zero or one move, db2 MB, b3 — 1 meter, base 24%, strictly hitstun scaling dependant.
1123 xx b3 MB — 2 meter, base 19%, does not work in juggle state.
Air throwables : b3, ji3 xx IO — IO dependant, only worth it if you want to get rid of an IO (always less damage than a combo)

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Until a patch comes out to fix OTGs ending combos with d3 instead of 223 or f2 1+3 is the best option (unless its a corner combo to put them back in the corner)