What's new

Tech Aquaman Combo Thread

223 is still a bit risky too you can get get AA'd pretty free if you jump afterwards or set up an overhead just cos you don't have enough time to set up many meaties after 223.

So what should you end the combo with? f2 1+3? or 22 water shield and dash out of it maybe? And i'm talking about for good positioning, not damage lol

Idt any 1 has posted this yet so this is the highest meterless and 1 bar combos i found with a stage interactable

J3 22 interactable b1 j3 22 db1 f3 1+2 (48% meterless)

J3 22 interactable b1 j3 22 db3 MB 22 db1 f3 1+2 (55% 1 bar)

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Idt any 1 has posted this yet so this is the highest meterless and 1 bar combos i found with a stage interactable

J3 22 interactable b1 j3 22 db1 f3 1+2 (48% meterless)

J3 22 interactable b1 j3 22 db3 MB 22 db1 f3 1+2 (55% 1 bar)
I'm pretty sure you're mixing up your inputs lol. I'm guessing it should be b3's and f2's

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
B3, J3, 22, DB2 MB, F2 1+3 = 38%

Corner:

F3, 22, DB1, 22, DB2, F2 1+3 = 37%

That corner one puts them back in the corner and sets them up to land the same combo again if the opponent is slacking.

Love that B3, especially if you can MB it for opponents that are wake up happy. =)

B3, J3, 22, DB2 MB, F2 1+3 = 38%
If you're gonna spend the meter you might as well do B3, J3, 22 xx DB2 MB, 22 xx DB1, F2 1+3 for 45% damage.

F3, 22, DB1, 22, DB2, F2 1+3 = 37%
Again you can get more damage by doing F3, J3, 22 xx DB2 MB, 22 xx DB1, F2 1+3 for 45% damage. This combo works anywhere on screen too.

In the corner i'd actually suggest using the F1 3 string in addition to F3. It starts up 8 frames faster than F3 and is still safe on block (+2). On hit you can confirm it into F1 3, 22 xx DB2 MB, 22 xx DB1, F2 1+3 for 36% (39% if the F1 wiffs and the overhead connects). The only thing to look out for is that it can be interrupted in between the two hits so use it wisely.

Just some helpful advice from a fellow Aquaman. :)

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Got a MU specific combo.

If you block GL lift you can do B2 xx DB2 (MB), B3, J3, 22 xx DB1, F2 1+3 for a shitload that I don't remember off the top of my head (42 I think?) Does higher than any other punish.

The B2 xx DB2 (MB) causes a significantly higher popup than doing it with grounded strings like B12 xx DB2 (MB). This lets B3 link pretty easily.

This combo -DOES NOT- work on all chars. I think it may work on all chars if you AA them with B2 though.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
Got a MU specific combo.

If you block GL lift you can do B2 xx DB2 (MB), B3, J3, 22 xx DB1, F2 1+3 for a shitload that I don't remember off the top of my head (42 I think?) Does higher than any other punish.

The B2 xx DB2 (MB) causes a significantly higher popup than doing it with grounded strings like B12 xx DB2 (MB). This lets B3 link pretty easily.

This combo -DOES NOT- work on all chars. I think it may work on all chars if you AA them with B2 though.
This is great, as a result I was working on getting a B3 consistent combo on more characters, so as a result I found a pretty easily done 41% combo:
B2, xx DB1, 2 xx DB2 (MB), B3, J3, 223(or F2 1+3)

This should work on all characters that B2 xx DB2 doesn't hit

EDIT: This works out of any early scoop (After b12 or 22) but does NOT work out of F13 xx DB1 due to the distance the scoop happens at the 2 xx DB2(MB) is still facing the wrong way when she's at the correct height to execute

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Whackojack

I did notice anything into scoop (d1 xx db1, b12 xx db1, etc) you can get 2 xx db2 MB into b3 and its a little easier than doing the grounded ones, but still seems really tight.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
Whackojack

I did notice anything into scoop (d1 xx db1, b12 xx db1, etc) you can get 2 xx db2 MB into b3 and its a little easier than doing the grounded ones, but still seems really tight.
Yeah, it seems pretty tight regardless. Even the B2 xx DB2(MB) on GL is a pretty tight window, I had trouble with it at first. I'll be posting a list of all characters that works on shortly, currently testing now

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Yeah, it seems pretty tight regardless. Even the B2 xx DB2(MB) on GL is a pretty tight window, I had trouble with it at first. I'll be posting a list of all characters that works on shortly, currently testing now
Mind confirming how much damage it does too? I remember it being higher than the other "advanced BnB" combos but im not sure the exact dmg.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
GGA Dizzy
B2 xx DB2(MB)

Works on:
-Flash
-Nightwing
-Batman
-Joker
-Superman
-Raven
-Aquaman
-Wonder Woman
-Ares
-Shazam
-Green Lantern
-Sinestro
-Black Adam

Does not work:
-Harley Quinn
-Solomon Grundy
-Cyborg
-Green Arrow
-Lex Luthor
-Catwoman
-Deathstroke
-Killer Frost
-Doomsday
-Hawk Girl
-Bane

Mind confirming how much damage it does too? I remember it being higher than the other "advanced BnB" combos but im not sure the exact dmg.
B2 xx DB2 (MB) Etc. does 44%
B2 xx DB1, 2 xx DB2(MB) Etc. does 41%

EDIT:
This is confirmed, AA B2 xx DB2(MB) B3, J3, 22 xx DB1, 223 hits for 44% and works on all characters

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
Both, mainly PS3 though.
Bummer, I'm on Xbox. If you ever want to play my GT is Whackojack

Also, minor note:
The B2 xx DB1, 2 xx DB2(MB), B3, J3, 223 41% combo, if you end with F2 1+3 (instead of 223)it does 42%, but it really comes down to which side you want them on.

Fate

Noob
What are the main pressure strings you all use for overhead? Low is easy with b12 hit confirm into db2 and block confirm into df1. For b2 though I usually do b2 db1 and it's a quick overhead into a low. Seems to work a good amount though it's punishable. Anyone else use this or possibly something better? I'm thinking of compiling all the great community info in the one post if I have the time.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
What are the main pressure strings you all use for overhead? Low is easy with b12 hit confirm into db2 and block confirm into df1. For b2 though I usually do b2 db1 and it's a quick overhead into a low. Seems to work a good amount though it's punishable. Anyone else use this or possibly something better? I'm thinking of compiling all the great community info in the one post if I have the time.
I mix B2 xx DB1 with B2 xx DD3 because if they block the B2 you have watershield to either back dash out of their attack or to blow up when they move it. Alternately if the B2 does hit them you can dash forward out of the water shield and pressure with B12 or Back dash and go for another B2 :)

I see no one has mention using b123 so here ya go!

b123 db2 mb b2 db1 22 bf2 - 37% (The extra hit on b12 might catch people off guard leading to a combo)

b12 db2 b123 db2 mb b2 db1 f2 1+3 - 41% (More for show)

ji2 adds 3-4%

22 db2 b123 Does not connect to my knowledge. I have tried multiple times.

I see b123 as a good opener because most people just expect the basic b12 and then eat the 3.