What's new

[Apr 5, 2014] The New Frontier: IGAU + POT BONUS/MK9/KI3/MKT/UMK2 (Massapequa, NY)

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
The Big Weekend is finally here with the 3rd Monthly Saturday April 5th from 4pm-1am

Already have 33 confirmed for the Monthly so come join the HYPE and get the POT BONUS activated for IGAU!

***UPDATE: INFINITE POT BONUS ADDED FOR INJUSTICE!! FOR EVERY ENTRANT $5 GOES INTO THE POT! THE MORE ENTRANTS THE BIGGER THE POT GROWS! 28 ENTRANTS REQUIRED TO ACTIVATE THE BONUS***

The 3rd monthly in my tournament season: The New Frontier!!! Featuring IGAU-MK9-KI3-MKT-UMK2!!

Come down and try to shake up the Power Rankings!!!

http://testyourmight.com/threads/swiftzillas-tournament-power-rankings.40746/

Streamed by @9.95 http://www.twitch.tv/995phil

$10 Venue Fee
$10 Injustice Fee
$5 Killer Instinct Fee
$5 MK9 Fee
$0 MKT Fee (Yes thats free!)
$0 UMK2 Fee (YES FREE!)
----

The Basics
  • IGAU will be played on 360 * KI on XB1 * MK9 on 360 * MKT on N64* UMK2 PC
  • All setups will have Asus Monitors and External Speakers.
  • All MK Tournaments and KI3 will be 2/3 double elim. IGAU will be Round Robin 3/5
  • 1st Place for IGAU-KI3-MK9 will receive trophies. UMK2 - MKT will receive medals!
  • Games with 16 or more entrants get a 70/20/10 split, anything less is winner takes all.
  • IGAU is double random stage select, loser chooses to keep stage or go back to double random/change character.
  • All MK/KI tournaments, loser picks stage/character. Grand Finals is 3/5
Timetable:
  • Casuals will start at 4:00pm
  • MKT will start at 6:00pm / Killer Instinct @ 6:30pm
  • UMK2 will start at 7:00pm / MK9 @ 7:30pm
  • Injustice will start at 8:30pm
Amenities:
  • For my PA/NJ/LI friends driving in, there is a free parking lot behind the building at the library.
  • For my LI/NYC friends, BluPlanet is right across from the Massapequa Train Station (**NOT MASSAPEQUA PARK**)
  • Pub/Grill and a CVS shopping center + pizza place are across the street!!!

Last edited:

Noob
Just to remind all the former VSM players:

When, exactly was the last time any VSM player, other than @R.E.O. did anything to remember?

Reo won Civil War 2013, THAT WAS THE LAST TIME ANY FORMER VSM member WON a major.

When was the last time former VSM players were regularly winning majors? When there were regular casuals with tournaments on a weekly basis on Long Island.

Just some food for thought for you former VSM players who want to be top again.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter

When, exactly was the last time any VSM player, other than @R.E.O. did anything to remember?

Reo won Civil War 2013, THAT WAS THE LAST TIME ANY FORMER VSM member WON a major.

When was the last time former VSM players were regularly winning majors? When there were regular casuals with tournaments on a weekly basis on Long Island.

I won the Break last week. There was 5 whole people there for MK. I'm special now.

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty

My mom said good job on my calc midterm today. #VSMInsuperable

Noob
Fact is though, aside from that one win, none of the former VSM members have done much worthy of mentioning except for losing to everyone else. It was only when you guys were practicing with each other, forcing one another to level up, that you were top.

The opportunity exists again...every week at BPK and once a month in tournament. Put up or shut up time.

Reactions: REO

Noob
I also don't understand what is up with all the KI guys from NY. We have a strong following in NY and some in NJ that should be coming to level up each week and go in hard once a month at the monthlies. Sr, Jr, Rico, Jailhouse? Where are you?

Noob
I also hope you all know that I'm poking at you on purpose to get you all to realize how good you are and can be by competing against each other. I'm not trying to upset you, I'm trying to MOTIVATE you!

REO

Undead

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I'm on tour in Kansas City with my school choir that week, I'm sorry that I've been so unlucky with dates for attending these things.