What's new

[Apr 21, 2012] Spring Super Showdown! MK, SCV, AE:2012 + MORE! 4-21-12 North... (North Oxford, MA)

dsblackfox

life in every breath
Okay guys, let's get Spring in full swing with a huge fighter blowout!!!

I've got the Pine Ridge Country Club letting us use their huge banquet room for this.

All tournament entries will be $10, and there is a $5 venue fee. All payouts are to only the top three placers, and pots are split 70/20/10. The plan is to set up three 8ft. tables in a loose U and run at least 2 tournaments simultaneously (one 2d one 3d) all day long. The goal is to get 12 TV's and PS3's, 4 setups per table, so we can run these tournaments swiftly and efficiently. Anyone willing to bring a TV/PS3 will have their venue fee waived. Let me know if you're going to bring a setup. Only EVO monitors or tubes, please. If you are bringing a TV/setup, I ask that you please be here by no later than Noon unless absolutely necessary to provide us with ample time to set up.

If you don't see a game you want to play, then let me know. Also, time permitting, we can run teams in anything you in the community are interested in. You guys just have to bring copies of the games, because being the owner of a 360, I don"t have any. Signups will start at 11am, and I will begin running tournaments at 1pm. The tournament schedules will be fairly loose, but i hope to run tourneys in around 2 hours apiece. Anyone interested in streaming this event, let me know. I was hoping to actually get a separate stream for both 2d and 3d.

The plan is to run as many games as possible. This will include:
  • Soul Calibur V (singles $10, teams $5 per person 3 man teams)
  • Street Fighter X Tekken (singles $10)
  • Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (singles $10)
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (singles $10)
  • King of Fighters XIII (singles $10)
  • Tekken 6 (singles $10)
  • Mortal Kombat (singles $10)
The Country Club will be offering food for you to purchase off a limited menu (likely burgers, dogs, fried foods, deli sandwiches, etc.) and there is a FULL BAR available as well, with a walk up window through the banquet hall. I ask only that you guys drink responsibly, be prepared to show ID when carded, and that you conduct yourselves in a becoming manner. The bar area itself is quite large with multiple TV's so you can relax and eat while you wait for a tournament to begin. If you have any questions, contact me on twitter @NE_SoulCalibur or on facebook.

I'm posting this on 8WR, SRK, and TZ so I'm hoping for a big ass turnout for the entire New England Fighting Game community. Hope to see you all there!!!

8WR Thread
SRK Thread
TZ Thread
Facebook Page

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
I'm really looking forward to this one. I'll be entering SSFIVAE, UMvC3, MK, and possibly KoFXIII. I'll also be bringing a TV and a PS3 with all of the games.

New England doesn't have many MK tournaments, so let's show our support!

dsblackfox

life in every breath
Casey K. Shea - no, the ps3 controllers do not need to be wired. All you need is a sync cable, and once your controller is synced to the console you'll be playing on, you can feel free to unplug it and be wireless.

MK Peanuts - you still up for running the MK tourney bro?

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I'll be requesting the time off from work so consider me there with at least 1 more maybe 2....I'll bring an ASUS Monitor

Casey K. Shea - no, the ps3 controllers do not need to be wired. All you need is a sync cable, and once your controller is synced to the console you'll be playing on, you can feel free to unplug it and be wireless.

MK Peanuts - you still up for running the MK tourney bro?
Sure, I can bring my setup for it and run the brackets.

CRUM

Noob
I'd love to go for MK9 but I cover MMA events and UFC 145 is that weekend. Any clue what time the MK9 tourny would start?

dsblackfox

life in every breath
Crum X7 - MK9 will either be the first or second 3d fighter I run. So, maybe around a 1pm start, but I expect the MK9 and T6 tourneys to go rather quickly. You could easily enter the tourney and have plenty of time before an evening UFC PPV.

CptXecution - thanks for bringing an ASUS. I'll waive your venue fee. Just let me know who you are and that you brought a monitor when you signup.

Just FYI guys, there will be a number of side tournaments being run, including $5 tourneys for Skullgirls, SSF2:Super Turbo, and possibly SF:3S. If you MK guys want to run a side retro MK tourney, be my guest. Just talk to either myself or MK Peanuts.

Haha that's fine, he'd be a free win vs whoever fought him but I know hed love to play. Still up in the air about it but Probably won't bring him along tho on second thought as we might hang out at the bar for a bit after the tourney, but thanks for the prompt reply :)

Not looking good for a babysitter, so I'm afraid I can't promise I'll be able to make it out with a console but imma keep trying and if I will I'll let you know ASAP about a ps3

Will there be PS3 controllers provided? I may be able to borrow my friend's but I'm not 100% sure. I'm from Mansfield, CT btw.