What's new

[Apr 13, 2012] PowerUp 2012 - EVO 2012 Tournament Season (Cincinnati, Ohio)

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Only 5 days left until the PowerUp 2012 group rate at the Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Northwest expires! Hop on those room reservations asap by learning the details at this link.

Also, PU2012 is less than 28 days away! Online registration with the discounted $30 Venue Fee will expire midnight April 9th. Don't get caught paying $40 Venue Fee at the door and lose seeding privileges; register online now!

If you pay at the door for your Venue Fee and Game Entries then you will be placed into the first available spot in the pools. We will try to accommodate for region and skill, but if you don't register online you leave us in a bind time-wise, and we will be forced to place you more haphazardly into the bracket so that we can get the event started on time. Do not wait; register online now!

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
The LaQuinta is close, but it will require a drive in order to get to the venue in a reasonable amount of time. It's actually the hotel we got our group rate for last year, since at that time Arcade Legacy was just up the street from it XD

Glad to see more people posting up! I hope to see you all at the event.

Should be heading up with the KY crew. Look out PU, I am finally putting in the work into this game and I am on a path of destruction x]

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
By now you know that the 7pm exhibition slot on Friday, April 13th is being filled by KOFXIII. What you don’t know is the format. Well, you didn’t know until just now! Dream Cancel presents -

Concept

A 5v5 where each team member is locked to only one character from the KOFXIII roster. No duplicates allowed on a team.

The goal is to win five FT3 matches, but the catch is that each game within the FT3 is a fresh 1v1. This is similar to regular 3v3 KOFXIII, but instead of one player controlling the entire team, the entire team is controlled by three individual team members.

Rules
  • Each 1v1 game is Best 2/3 rounds.
  • Each player sets his character to Handicap +1. This helps anchor-type characters remain viable by providing some initial meter.
  • Teams blind pick a player order from their 5 members. The first 3 team members in each order play the initial FT3. After the initial FT3, any player who lost a match is shuffled out to let the next ordered team member join the FT3, starting from the anchor position and moving upward.
  • After each 1v1, next upcoming players are to restart the previous game and do button checks and controller swap if necessary. Then begin the next game by returning to character select
  • Team PowerUp uses PowerUp custom colors. Team Dream Cancel uses Dream Cancel custom colors.
For an explanation of the turn order structure, follow this hypothetical example:

FT3 #1

A / B / C
vs
1 / 2 / 3

A (win) vs 1 (lose)
A (lose) vs 2 (win)
B (lose) vs 2 (win)
C (win) vs 2 (lose)
C (lose) vs 3 (win)

Team Numbers Wins

FT3 #2

D / E / A
vs
3 / 4 / 5

D (lose) vs 3 (win)
E (win) vs 3 (lose)
E (win) vs 4 (lose)
E (win) vs 5 (lose)

Team Alphabet Wins

FT3 #3

E / A / B
vs
1 / 2 / 3

And so on, depending on which players lose in each FT3.

Can someone help explain the whole controller thing. I read on the website it's bring your own controller, and I know this will be played on the ps3 version of the game. I'm an xbox 360 player, what exactly do I need to have with me on the day of the tournament as far as controllers/converters, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any information given.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
The Maktastik: The best recommendation I can give you is to find a 360 to PS3 converter, although I'm unsure if such a thing exists and is also effective. That is if you play on a control pad. If you play on arcade stick I recommend getting your arcade stick dual modded to work on PS3 and 360.

Also, if you play on arcade stick and worse comes to worse, you could try asking to borrow one from another player. Some should be willing to help you out.

I hope that info helps. Know that entry fee refunds for individual tournaments are available right up until the start of your first pool.