What's new

Question Anybody know of some PC mods for MK9?

Tang94

Confirmed Seeker
Probably my biggest hope for a mod would be one that reverts the dash nerf. From a pure gameplay perspective, that's all I really want. :)

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Yes I posted the same thing, then realized somebody else did it, so I deleted my post. Rather than having multiple posts about the same thing yo.

hazzu84

Noob
Hi.

anyone having trouble with .xxx repack? I did a ton of work and now I get .NET error. JIT debugger pops up right after I select the ExportTable.txt. It doesn't rebuild.

Tried in VMWare, also error. I see it is .NET 2.0 so I don't know why I am getting the error... anyway, if anyone encountered this, please help.

Thx.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Instead of modding move sets, Please can people make costume mods? Kenshi with a Lightsaber would be Rad .

Hi.

anyone having trouble with .xxx repack? I did a ton of work and now I get .NET error. JIT debugger pops up right after I select the ExportTable.txt. It doesn't rebuild.

Tried in VMWare, also error. I see it is .NET 2.0 so I don't know why I am getting the error... anyway, if anyone encountered this, please help.

Thx.

Getting the same error this side. I know someone that might be able to assist, will post feedback once I hear back from him.

You're welcome, let me know if I can help you with anything else, the more people we have working on modding the game the better. Going to try my best to see if I can mod the bosses into the PC version with a proper character select without sacrificing any of the regulars.
I'm sure something like that would probably entail some Kismet editing within UDK, I'm still trying to figure out how to get any of these character assets into UDK but nothing yet. I'm gonna keep working at it though, because once that happens, I think some crazy cool mods will be possible.

Qineuro

Noob

I'm having this same issue. Anyone know what's up?

I'm having this same issue. Anyone know what's up?

The xxx-repacker, was originally made to repack PS3 .xxx files. We need to keep in mind that all the PS3 files are encoded with Big endian format. In order for any PS3 files to work on PC, it has to be converted to Little endian format. With big to little endian conversion it has to do with the swopping of bytes in the header of each file. There are quite few nice examples if you google for Big to little endian conversion :)

I personally believe, the repacker was written to search for Big endian byte ordering in the file, and now if we want to repack / rebuild a PC based .xxx file, it can't find the correct register array for big endian format, and thus crashing the application with that error. I did try it with the PS3 files that I have and it rebuilds it no problem. So yeah, we're a bit at a roadblock with this one, however... through hex editing it can still be changed and modified, but it's a very time consuming procedure, but probably only solution at this stage, unless some can recode the repacker to work with little endian formatting :D

PS: I did send a message to one guy that I know of that has successfully recompiled .xxx for the PC, here's hoping he replies soon enough. Anyhow, I'm off for now, see you guys again in 8 hours or so.

Anyone know where the X-ray files are if they're simple to swap out, à la Fatalities, or whether it's more complicated...?

Down the track, multiple X-rays per character would be very cool...

hazzu84

Noob
Thanks StoneCold.

I will see if it is possible to fix the tool for little endian.

EDIT:

Yes, the repacker checks first 4 bytes of the .xxx file and reads the file as Big endian.

While checking and repacking the file:

writer.Write(vint[3]);
writer.Write(vint[2]);
writer.Write(vint[1]);
writer.Write(vint[0]);

Thanks StoneCold.

I will see if it is possible to fix the tool for little endian.

EDIT:

Yes, the repacker checks first 4 bytes of the .xxx file and reads the file as Big endian.

While checking and repacking the file:

writer.Write(vint[3]);
writer.Write(vint[2]);
writer.Write(vint[1]);
writer.Write(vint[0]);

Very nice, how did you manage to spot these ? Did you use a hex editor ? I believe that we can modify it via hex editing, unless you can write a new application just to reverse the process ? :)

hazzu84

Noob
I reverse engineered the PS3 app. That is my speciality :) I'm horrible with graphics and stuff but give me software and woho :)
Writing Little Endian version as we speak.

I tried to make a quick "converter" but it is not good for .xxx file format. It misses bytes and it would take a longer time to make a proper one.

EDIT: Also, if someone makes Kratos textures for PC, I can unlock him in game. Now he is Shang Tsung :)

I reverse engineered the PS3 app. That is my speciality :) I'm horrible with graphics and stuff but give me software and woho :)
Writing Little Endian version as we speak.

I tried to make a quick "converter" but it is not good for .xxx file format. It misses bytes and it would take a longer time to make a proper one.

Awww hell yeah !

Reverse engineering, wow, you have my respect, as that is something that always amazes me, wish I could it. Looking forward in trying out the Little Endian version. By the way, would the one that you're currently writing be able to covert Kratos' files from big to little endian too, I'm assuming it would ? :)

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Sorry, i haven't read through this entire thread yet, but imo the first thing that should be modded in this game, is to make the boss characters playable. Goro, Kintaro and Shao Kahn. Also next should be the NPC characters such as classic smoke, classic noob, classic reptile and classic jade.

zekke

Noob
Sorry, i haven't read through this entire thread yet, but imo the first thing that should be modded in this game, is to make the boss characters playable. Goro, Kintaro and Shao Kahn. Also next should be the NPC characters such as classic smoke, classic noob, classic reptile and classic jade.
are you serious? damn people, get a grip before writing anything. first thing is that bosses are already playable WHICH YOU DIDNT HAVE TIME TO READ in this thread, second thing is that you should be gratefull that those guys are doing anything at al, not telling what should be done next etc. and what are classic jade/reptile etc? all those chars have already unlocked costumes from mk1/2/3 (depends on character) from the start. get a grip, once again.

StoneCold and hazzu - looks like you have find the way to convert between those endian formats, i hope that porting kratos from ps3 files now wont be a big pain in the a*ss and it will be avaliable as a standalone char or replacement for other (any character is fine by me). its amazing what all moders done already, and game was just released.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
are you serious? damn people, get a grip before writing anything. first thing is that bosses are already playable WHICH YOU DIDNT HAVE TIME TO READ in this thread, second thing is that you should be gratefull that those guys are doing anything at al, not telling what should be done next etc. and what are classic jade/reptile etc? all those chars have already unlocked costumes from mk1/2/3 (depends on character) from the start. get a grip, once again.
Easy Fella, i didn't mean any disrespect. Sorry if it came across that way.

Yes i read last night that the bosses were now playable.. The classic jade, reptile, smoke etc.. are the hidden fighters that you fight against in ladder mode when you make a certain amount of perfects on the regular fighters..