What's new

Match Footage aNinj vs [Insert Name Here] Kombat Videos

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I'm not sure if the jump + projectile spam is that good since the frame between projectiles is quite the same than just doin it staying on the ground. On the air you can dodge some stuff like scorpion fire, and your opponent won't be able to jump, however, on the ground your opponent cannot jump properly aswell and skarlet can do faster rush down since she can dash forward spamming dag cancel to be at a red dash distance from her opponent. Just thinking.

I really think you should do more d4, red dash, slide. The skarlet hitbox is smaller than d1, the first hit is low, and it does more damage than d3 (and probably has better hitbox attack). You can use it very easily at the end of a combo.

Also, I noticed that you don't tp that much this time (dunno why actually, I think it's very good vs CSz and sz) and don't use ex-red dash into down slash when he is using his iceball (in offline the recovery of the iceball gives you a 29% reset).

Despite that, very entertaining matches. I can see that your brother knows very well the matchs up haha. He can block at the right time at the right direction, that's impressive ^^

I've just seen the first video, still waiting for the others :D Keep goin'

ryublaze

Noob
Nice matches Ninj! What would you say the CSZ matchup would be for Skarlet? I noticed your brother did a lot of random uppercuts.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I'm not sure if the jump + projectile spam is that good since the frame between projectiles is quite the same than just doin it staying on the ground. On the air you can dodge some stuff like scorpion fire, and your opponent won't be able to jump, however, on the ground your opponent cannot jump properly aswell and skarlet can do faster rush down since she can dash forward spamming dag cancel to be at a red dash distance from her opponent. Just thinking.

I really think you should do more d4, red dash, slide. The skarlet hitbox is smaller than d1, the first hit is low, and it does more damage than d3 (and probably has better hitbox attack). You can use it very easily at the end of a combo.

Also, I noticed that you don't tp that much this time (dunno why actually, I think it's very good vs CSz and sz) and don't use ex-red dash into down slash when he is using his iceball (in offline the recovery of the iceball gives you a 29% reset).

Despite that, very entertaining matches. I can see that your brother knows very well the matchs up haha. He can block at the right time at the right direction, that's impressive ^^

I've just seen the first video, still waiting for the others :D Keep goin'
Perceptive comments SaJa. Please everyone keep in mind I used the word "Casuals" on purpose - neither my brother nor I are trying to prove anything in these matches, just having fun ;)

That said, wait for the other 3 videos - the longer we go, the more we get into it, the better the matches get! Also, I definitely am putting these videos up to be criticized - take notes, people! I really like what SaJa wrote - pick apart my strategies here, talk about it, go nuts!

I'll be uploading the 2nd one overnight, so it should be up tomorrow morning, then hopefully I can get the other 2 up tomorrow/by Monday.

Ninj

Part 3 of 4 now available - part 4 of 4 is uploading

On part 3 - from 06:28 to 7:38 there's a pause in the action. Sorry, I forgot to cut this out from the recording!

Ninj

Are you on 360? I wouldn't mind facing a good Skarlet for practice.
Yes - gamertag: aNinj

Guess I should put that back in my profile.

Part 4/4 of the casuals are up on the main page. I was just watching them and at ~22 minutes I was yelling excitedly...and I was there. Maybe it's just me, but at the least there are some entertaining matches in here ;)

Pick them apart if you want to, people. Point out things you notice that work and don't work. It's all for the betterment of the character. I'm not claiming to have played magically here, we were just playing for fun. That said there's probably some good gems in there.

ryublaze

Noob
It'll take a while to go through each video but if I have time and if I'm bored I'll try to make comments about the 1st video or something. I'm glad the rest of the parts are up. :)

PonyLove

Noob
I exposed him a few times in these matches. But it wasn't weird because I'm his brother.

I would have to play a lot more than I do to really catch up in technical ability with Ninj, but even so I think that these matches show case a lot of the very useful techniques that Skarlet has. Pay attention to the corner traps he uses and the use of air daggers to avoid projectiles and slides.

One thing he is always ready for is when a jump punch randomly connects, allowing him to get a 28-32% combo off before I land. Another is the use of meter for EX dagger combo traps for extensive chip damage.

Creepy00

Noob
Ninj do you video request matches? Cause i m interested to see how do you handle against a kano player :/
His upball and zoning seem kinda tough for skarlet to get in.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
skarlets a character ive been fooling around with for a few months now and its videos like this that make me want to invest more time into her,great job ninj.imo shes definetly the most interesting female character,kinda reminds me of the chick from golden axe.(man im showing my age now) gonna hit practice mode with her shortly.wish me luck,my thumbs are hurting already lol.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
GGs earlier today. And yeah, lag wasn't too unbearable (Noticed how much more stable things are now? Never again will I go back to playing wireless LOL!).

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
trustinme

Updated today with online casuals with THTB
wow guys,amazing stuff,love watching top level play,just hope i can learn from it lol.those rep vs scarlet were epic!i love playing with skarlet although my skills are lame atm,i have the basics down its just knowing when to hit what.is it me or does skarlet remind any1 else of a cross between reptile and johnny cage? anyway props to thtb and ninj for the quality matches,much appreciated guys.

Ninj

Those were fun to watch it was so fast paced lol. IKizzLE has been doing that NJP counter to slide thing on me too and it hurts a lot.

Btw while I'm posting this, I'm uploading some Skarlet vs. Ermac matches now. :)
Hurts a lot except when you do an up slash into NJP and punish...it's risky. THTB did well at playing games with me - over time it's a 50/50 guess of punishing or being punished.

yo Ninj i'd like it very much if you just go ahead and not post any video of the game you had vs me... its been a while since somebody rocked me as hard as you did earlier tonight lmao