What's new

Anime discussion thread

Well dont know anything about stein's gate but I love ghost in the shell so i can give a run down of it. The series started as a manga but nowadays its known for the movies and anime.

Ghost in the Shell (1995) - The movie that started it all, Considered one of the most influential pieces of anime it was proof that anime can portray a serious story intended for adults. Everyone who considers themselves an anime fan should watch this movie to see just how far the medium has gone. Also worth noting this was one of the first animes with a high quality english dub and is great in both languages.

Ghost in the Shell Innocence (2004) - The sequel to the 1995 movie this one follows immediately after the end to the first movie and shows the aftermath of the first movie. While over shadowed by the original the sequel is still top notch and in some regards superior.

Ghost in the Shell 2.0 - Remake of the 1995 film with updated visuals and cgi added. The 2.0 remake has a more true to the manga aesthetic. If you havent seen the original then you should watch the 2.0 remake instead, its the same movie but with better visuals.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - The S.A.C. series takes place in an alternate universe where the major never meets the puppet master. The series follows section 9 and their hunt for a mysterious hacker who goes by the laughing man. This series has some flaws but is very solid when it comes to the story telling aspects. If you enjoyed the movies they you will most likely enjoy the anime so give it a shot.

Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig - Second season of Stand Alone Complex this season focuses on the terrorist group The Individual Eleven. Personally I consider 2nd gig to be superior than the first season and if you enjoyed the first season then you should love the second.

Ghost in the Shell Solid State Society - Set in the Stand Alone Complex universe this film while not as good as the original or its sequel is very solid and worth watching if you enjoyed the anime.

Ghost in the Shell Arise - A prequel, this 4 part OVA focuses on the formation of section 9 and features new character redesigns. First part came out earlier this year and with 3 parts left I dont have much to say about the series.

Ended up being more than I intended but if you're asking if Ghost in the Shell is worth watching then I say definitely. The original movie and its sequel are by and far my favorite movies and each time I watch them I find something new to love about them. They are the type of movies that will make you sit and think and thats something thats hard to find nowadays. As for stand alone complex the series is great and while it starts off slow it really hooks you in.

Aww shame you didn't like SAO. Did you finish or just your 1st impressions? And Arakawa was weird lol. I wouldn't say it's good but I enjoyed it. There's just something with the fact that Ko being the only sane person surrounded by nutjobs that kept me interested.

As for KnK, apparently, it's supposed to come out Sept 28. It should be interesting. It's going to be about Shiki and Mikiya's daughter, Mana.

The whole season so far is pretty boring aside from Ep 5. And Ep 6 was a total rip-off. They just summarized what happened in Nekomonogatari.

They should just stop fucking around and release Kizumonogatari. I want to see a vamp Araragi already lol.

DJ L Toro where you at? OreImo S2 OVAs are out now. I have a feeling that the series might continue just to milk it. Maybe they'll animate Meruru and/or Maschera lol.

Episode 7 of monogatari though... looks like it's getting hype.

super snip about Ghost in the Shell.
in SAC my fav episode is surprisingly the one where the tachikoma debate about their individualalites, and what it means to be different from eachother. not often an episode devoted entirely to talking holds my interest outside of monogatari series/Ghost in the shell lol.

I wouldn't mind doing a visual novel... if I knew how to obtain good ones lol.

Closest thing to a visual novel i've read/seen is Blazblue's storyline lol.

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Episode 7 of monogatari though... looks like it's getting hype.
Shit gets very crazy. Butterfly effect and whatnot. The LN adaptions for 2nd season have been REALLY good so far, but in all honestly I just want Kizumonogatari to fucking come out.

I read a lot of them, need to get off my ass and do Saya No Uta
Saya No Uta is godlike. Gen Urobuchi is incredibly depressing.

Id recommend umineko to start off with, you can get the whole game online and translated in one easy place. Also you can download a patch that will add the newer ps3 art to the game which makes it look pretty.

http://witch-hunt.com/stage.html

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

Just pirate them bra. You can check out the Type-Moon stuff but they're really old so don't expect good quality artwork.

EDIT: Anime profile pic rollcall! Who's on your profile pic and from what anime?

iKritikal
AK Stormthegates
haketh
GTInfection
Any others