What's new

An Observation of Tournament Mannerisms

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
This is something that always fascinates me about players, especially when its a situation where they have to bring out their clutch in tournament.

For me, when I lose a match in tournament, I do the "nose scratch or the eyebrow scratch". I also try to do my best poker face to pretend like I'm not flustered. If I'm talking to my opponent, I just go silent when shit hits the fan.

Here are some mannerisms from players that I've observed when they:
-Are suddenly down a match in tournament
-Are suddenly down by a lot of life
-Get hit by a combo in tournament

Foreverking - The smile and nod/The putting-on of the glasses

GGA 16bit - He kind of fingerdrums on his pad. I have no idea how to describe it, so thats the best I can.

Wonderchef - The smile and nod

GGA Dizzy - The eyebrow scratch

DJT - Nothing, he's just stonefaced while MIT is giving him advice.

Woundcowboy - The head shake

Blind Ducky - The head shake.

Jupiter - Always has a water bottle handy in case he's down a match.

Slayer - If he's leaning into the monitor, he rapidly leans back if he loses that match.

Tyrant - The smile and nod

CD Jr. - The constipated face

Perfect Legend - The stone face

PPJ - The head nod

Pantychrist - The smile

These are all the ones I've noticed via watching streams or being present at tournament matches.

What are
1. Some of your tournament mannerisms?
2. Or some mannerisms of other players you've noticed in tournament?

9_Lives

Noob
Loud tsk. Like a tongue click or something. Didn't do it until I started playing KI for some reason. I blame Thunder.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Nod my head and laugh saying you got me. I noticed that this past weekend. @Saltface should answer here. Idk his tag otherwise I would tag him. I was legit nervous to play him after his game against @Pan1cMode

Tom Brady turns his head sideways and scratches the back of his head. Also head bangs from time to time.

FilipinoMan giggles like a schoolgirl win or lose.

CD jr shrugs: "Whatever nikka I don't even play this game."

Chris G looks behind him shaking his head, always trying to look for approval and confirmation that what just happened is "total bullshit".

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I react to literally everything that happens on the screen, whether it be a verbal outburst or physical response.

KitanaPrime shakes his head and rolls his eyes.

Sonic Fox bounces to the beat of his combos.

Saltface screams at himself and his opponent, and also turns around if he does something cool to make sure people saw it.

Pig shakes his head as he mashes wake up Zod charge.

Uncle Phil rolls up his sleeves before every match.

And Whiteboi shakes his head when he punishes his opponent, as if to say "Don't do it again."

Last edited: