What's new

"Agility" Meter

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
So after watching the latest gameplay vid a ton, it seems there is a meter for "agility" right under the health bars with 2 icons. Looks to control backdashing, running, and leaping off interactables. You get 2 backdashes (perhaps Injustice style with invulnerable frames?). Extended run the length of your meter. Leaping off the background takes the entire meter. Very interesting. Forward dashing does not seem to affect the meter. I'm still wondering if you can cancel dashes into block/attacks ala MK9. Thoughts on this new mechanic?

Edit: Confirmed by NRS via interview: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/e32014-interview-with-the-lead-designer-of-mortal-/2300-6419476/

Last edited:

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Actually really hyped for the running meter. As far as backdashing goes, Meh. I played BlazBlue a lot and the negative warning for playing too defensively would hit you.

I don't think backdashing in MKX is going to be handled to that degree. Maybe just to gain a bit of space while you're being run down or to avoid an attack string. I don't see backdashing being used all that much anyway. I know I didn't use it too much in mk9. Besides the block button is back so you can just turtle while you wait for your meter to recover.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Hopefully it will recharge on its own compared to EX meter. I think back dash costing meter is great cause it points away from playing defensive zoning turtle types and keeps the hype real.
Ikr, I hate going after those types of players. The just stay an block and wait for you to go them. Maybe this time they can move their ass and not be chickenshit lol

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
I'm still wondering if you can cancel dashes into block/attacks ala MK9.
I have scoured everything for an answer to this and have turned up nothing. Hell I even created a thread about it but nobody seems to know. This is honestley THE most important aspect to me because it will dictate pace, combo abiltiy, and stiffness. The lack of the abiltity to cancel a dash in Injustice was my largest complaint.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
If backdashes are goin to cost meter, the walk back speed needs a major increase.

I seen sub zero and scorpion walking backwards and it was slow af.