What's new

AGE NYChris G Wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at Road to EVO Event, Community Effort Orlando 2013

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Capcom player beat MK players, cool. At least ChrisG doesn't cry "ban scorpion". How ironic that a Scorpion players has ALOT of salt after losing to scorpion. If you don't like Injustice then perhaps it's best to leave that community.
Chris G is NOT a Capcom player, he plays every fighting game that comes out.

He's a world class FIGHTING GAME player.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
And now everyone will say scorpion is fine even though he was part of 4 of the top 5 players main character in usage...

Yup. Here's what I said a week ago:

What people should understand about CEO is this -- and it's the same as has happened with characters in other games -- when a problem like this starts, it's not an immediate change. So here's the situation:

It's CEO time.. A few people pick up Scorpion because he seems good. These are new scorpion players, not very evolved. A bunch more people make plans to pick up scorpion or add him as a secondary, but they won't do it for CEO since it's too soon and they feel more confident in their mains.

Fast forward to CEO tournament day.. A few new-ish Scorpions enter.. They beat a lot of people in the bracket, then they get blown up in Top 8. So everyone says "look! The Scorpions got blown up! All this talk was overrated, look what happened at CEO -- the character is fine, he lost to X".

So everyone goes along their merry way.. Meanwhile the Scorpion players are levelling up and actually learning the matchups. They develop tech that makes the character even harder to fight. A month or two later at big tournaments, it's an entirely different story, and all the people who were talking tough about Scorpion end up getting mopped up by people figuring out how to make a questionable character even more broken.

So I can already see the 'proof' talk starting for CEO.. But know that, stuff like this takes time to manifest, and once it hits full force, the damage to the community can be irreparable.

mekane

Noob
cdjr really hasn't looked good at all......he isn't up there anymore.....

REO just gave up.....picking fucking WW....yeah ok Reo

CD Jr also didn't play the character that got him here, he switched from scorpion... and btw CD Jr also beat Chris G twice at next level battle circuit...

play f0xy grandpa's wonderwoman and you will see that she is top 5. She's actually ridiculous. Not idea how good Reo is with her though
Oh, I am well aware of how good foxy and WW are. I'm just saying it isn't the best time to pick a character that isn't your main character that you have never showed before.

CD Jr also didn't play the character that got him here, he switched from scorpion... and btw CD Jr also beat Chris G twice at next level battle circuit...
Yeah, I know. That was then, this is now.

Rico also won the last 5 next level tournies also....how did that work out for him at CEO?

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
I love KDZ so that was tough to swallow, but there's something poetic about a broken and battered Bruce Wayne putting the finish on Superman. The hype was out of control.
Couldn't find a pic of the comic book, but this one will work too.

BGMD

Noob
characters in this game are easy to pick up sure, but I'm under impression after watching Chris G that nobody actually plays this game even close to the fullest potential, judging how game will turn out after only 2 months is silly...

on the matter of Scorpion, I think there should be at least 1 month veto for DLC, this tournament would probably be even better and more varied

Glass Sword

Nobody
It was a good tournament. I can't say I did not have fun. I did not preform and many of my favorite players got put out however.
Good shit to Saltface as well.

Yup. Here's what I said a week ago:
Let's be real here. We all know there were 4 scorpions in top 8/ a good amount in top 32. But this is what I have to say: In the end, it is going to come down to the players all the time. Actually the funny thing is, scorpion made the top 8 hype by the fact that the crowd was siding with saltface and chris g and etc. They would boo when scorp won, but went crazy when he lost. Overall, as a community, we are going to have to make a decision on this.

regulas

Your Emporer
So did all the pro's who used Scorpion suddenly loose all their skill? I love how ChrisG was able to win "because he's that skilled" and that Green Arrow is still seen as a mediocre character, and then all the other Pro players couldn't win with the "broken power Scorpion", obviously Perfect Legend is just such a horrible player that he can't even win with a "handi-cap"

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
In any case:

Congrats to PL for winning MK
Congrats to Chris G for again putting on a masterclass in playing fighting games
Congrats to KDZ for making a huge splash and being a hair's edge away from Grand Finals

And congrats to SaltFace for representing and putting harley and ATL on the map.

This was a great tournament, and full of all kinds of hype.

Alexandru Pascu

XBLGT:LordR3van90
characters in this game are easy to pick up sure, but I'm under impression after watching Chris G that nobody actually plays this game even close to the fullest potential, judging how game will turn out after only 2 months is silly...

on the matter of Scorpion, I think there should be at least 1 month veto for DLC, this tournament would probably be even better and more varied
Top 8 was pretty diverse anyway, hell we even saw a round of Cyborg.... I agree that while there's even a shadow of doubt that Scorpion is broken he should not have been touney legal but on the the other hand maybe the same could be said in his defence. Obviously myself as well as most of the people arguing pro or against him have no bussiness in having a say which it will go with Scorpion all I know for sure is that he's not as fun to watch as the other chars but that has never been a reason to ban anyone before has it?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Let's be real here. We all know there were 4 scorpions in top 8/ a good amount in top 32. But this is what I have to say: In the end, it is going to come down to the players all the time. Actually the funny thing is, scorpion made the top 8 hype by the fact that the crowd was siding with saltface and chris g and etc. They would boo when scorp won, but went crazy when he lost. Overall, as a community, we are going to have to make a decision on this.
Yeah, hopefully the adjustments will even him out as the Scorp players level up, and we won't have to worry about this anymore.

Turnbull

Noob
Please don't try to justify Scorpion not being broken because of Chris G winning with green arrow. He is one of the best players in any game. Secondly, ask yourself what percentage of scorpion players made it out of pools with scorpion/how many scorpions were in top 8. To my knowledge, there were more scorpions in top 8 in this tournament than kabals in any tournament, and kabal was 6-4 everyone. My assumption is everyone who is saying "see not that bad level up" are people who play scorpion (would be an interesting poll). Otherwise, wait till you play a good scorpion. Good luck being as good as chris g lol.