What's new

ACTUAL Sektor Gameplay Videos?

Sektroll

Noob
this was my semi final match against a kung lao player, i hope this may at least help out some questions on the match up which is definately not in sektors favour haha, although this kung lao is not prone to using the low hat mid combo mainly because i uppercut him out of it most of the time.

p.s the commentators are RUBBISH so i thought id give you some warning lol.
Hey Ketchup,

I really liked the matches, but I was surprised by a few things and wanted to know about the following:

Why no in front up missiles?

Why not use 1 bar for a homing missile when your meter gets full to force a 50/50 or mistake into huge damage?

Why use sweep instead of b3.4? (unless it was an accident, which I do fairly often)

Can you explain what you mean by uppercutting the low hat string? Is this before the hat comes out to interrupt? Which string?

I really liked 2,1,TU in situations where you thought the 2 in the 1,2,b1 was going to whiff.

Good matches.

Qiwi

Combo fiend (!)
Can you guys tell me some good wakeup options for Sektor if you're under a lot of pressure. I know the TU, but it's so unsafe.

unconkable (sektroll) is straight beast with sektor, love watching him play sektor and love watching other good sektors..good to know that he can tear up tournaments. This gets me excited to blow up people with sektor as the life of mk continues. I think sektor will be placed a tier above after evo and never considered low tier again!!

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Hey Ketchup,

I really liked the matches, but I was surprised by a few things and wanted to know about the following:

Why no in front up missiles?

Why not use 1 bar for a homing missile when your meter gets full to force a 50/50 or mistake into huge damage?

Why use sweep instead of b3.4? (unless it was an accident, which I do fairly often)

Can you explain what you mean by uppercutting the low hat string? Is this before the hat comes out to interrupt? Which string?

I really liked 2,1,TU in situations where you thought the 2 in the 1,2,b1 was going to whiff.

Good matches.
hey sektroll its nice to see some other high level sektor players around although we seem to play him differently haha anyway to answer your questions.

I find that against a kung lao player or other rushdown characters doing the upward missile up close is too unsafe, not only can they combo and push themselves out of the way of the rocket before it lands they also have a chance to combo me before the rocket even comes out.

i rarely do the homing rocket unless they have little life left and i want to put pressure on them to make them jump etc mainly because experience has tought me to manage my meter extremely carefully, i play with that kung lao player often and if i make one tiny mistake i can get a big combo to pay for it so instead of doing off the bat enhanced moves that may just get blocked i save my meter to use a breaker should i make a mistake. also against kung lao if i use a homing rocket and then charge forward to string into a combo i can also eat a spin for being hasty.

the 2,1 is actually the only way sektor can punish the spin with a full combo on block if you do his regular 3 hit launcher the second hit will ALWAYS wiff so if you find yourself against a lao player that does a spin mid combo and you block it make sure you get the full dash then do 2,1,teleport punch etc gives you a nice little 35/40% punish you couldnt do pre patch.

i did sektors sweep instead of the back 3,4 because if hed have blocked it i would end the combo right in his face which is where sektor doesnt want to be especially against a kung lao player that could do a spin if he knows im going to try and do the 3 hit launcher straight after, its happened before haha.

i like to do sektors up close mixup game but in a high level situation like that especially against a kung lao i didnt want to take any risks, if the kung lao does the hat loop the second the low hat lands if he repeats the same thing sektor can easily uppercut him out of it and i think the kung lao player i was against didn't want to risk that sort of punish and would rather stay in my face as long as possible because he knows that's sektors primary weakness.

i hope that answered your queries! looking forward to seeing some more footage of good sektor play in the near future!

PND_Ketchup

Can you guys tell me some good wakeup options for Sektor if you're under a lot of pressure. I know the TU, but it's so unsafe.
i personally find that on wakeup if the opponent is prone to doing combos the second you stand up you can beat them with a wakeup teleport punch, although you shouldnt do it unless its enhanced because if they block they can get a full punish on you. especially if youre in the corner even if the predict the teleport on wakeup if its enhanced it can't be punished so essentially you can use 1 bar of meter to escape the corner and then perhaps jump back which can give you a few free rockets or any form of zoning you want to use.

sektors primary weakness is having an opponent up close in his face thats why sektor players including myself can have a hard time against someone that knows this your best bet is to try and toetap out of a lot of pressure and just be on the ball with your blocking, look for an opening to escape the pressure with a jump or dashback, you may always get lucky and they throw out a punishable move up close that can give you a 48% midscreen punish with one bar of meter. although landing combos can be tough against someone that blocks well, as you may have seen in the match against my bro i actually couldnt combo him that much because of how much he blocked so to win against someone that knows most of his tools you need to rely on your own bag of tricks.

again i hope i helped somewhat!

circle masher

NRS PLLLLS MORE BUFF AN NERFPS GAME IS UBNALENCERD
Great stuff Ketchup! I haven't been able to go to UC since UC8 but hopefully I'll be able to get there again sometime soon and check out more of your fights.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
the 2,1 is actually the only way sektor can punish the spin with a full combo on block if you do his regular 3 hit launcher the second hit will ALWAYS wiff so if you find yourself against a lao player that does a spin mid combo and you block it make sure you get the full dash then do 2,1,teleport punch etc gives you a nice little 35/40% punish you couldnt do pre patch.
I'm definitely able to dash up and punish with 1 2 B+1.

PND_Ketchup

I'm definitely able to dash up and punish with 1 2 B+1.
if you block JUST the spin then yes but more likely than not the kung lao player will throw a couple of jabs in first and THEN do the spin, in that situation the second hit of that three string will miss, my mistake for missing that out.

if you block JUST the spin up close than yes you can land the 1 2 B+1 but i personally tend to just play it safe because getting spun out or missing out on big damage and fullscreen spacing isnt worth gambling.

smash

Noob
Thanks for the great watch bro. I seem to find myself pulling up that ketchup vs mustard match everytime i sit down to play MK. A few questions to you guys: I'm having trouble getting the 1 2 b+1 when I try to when I try to punish a blocked tele or something. It seems to whiff and then I go panic mode and smash a few buttons and usually get punished in return. Also, is doing b+2 , EX TU>>BNB a viable punish or too risky? Sorry about all the noob questions, just got one more. I seem to have trouble landing two TU's in combos for example: after F+4,4>Tu, FJK EX TU... Any tips on executing that EX TU after the JK(I usually press left or right diagonal on dpad + B for the kick) . The majority of the time I get the kick and no TU comes out(Prob not inputting correctly and pressing 2 after I push down on the dpad)or I get the kick and the EX TU will miss. New to the game and this is my first fighter so I have been trying to learn everything I possibly can to progress my play with cyrax and sektor along with fighting game knowledge/mechanics. Thanks to all you guys for the great videos,knowledge, and entertainment. PEACE!

*Sorry if this post is out of place and also, if any of you guys ever get on XBlag, I mean live, I'm always joining the TYM lobby when there is one and would appreciate some games( To lose and learn lol). Attending offline tourny in Atlanta this weekend to get a feel for offline scene.

ryublaze

Noob
Thanks for the great watch bro. I seem to find myself pulling up that ketchup vs mustard match everytime i sit down to play MK. A few questions to you guys: I'm having trouble getting the 1 2 b+1 when I try to when I try to punish a blocked tele or something. It seems to whiff and then I go panic mode and smash a few buttons and usually get punished in return. Also, is doing b+2 , EX TU>>BNB a viable punish or too risky? Sorry about all the noob questions, just got one more. I seem to have trouble landing two TU's in combos for example: after F+4,4>Tu, FJK EX TU... Any tips on executing that EX TU after the JK(I usually press left or right diagonal on dpad + B for the kick) . The majority of the time I get the kick and no TU comes out(Prob not inputting correctly and pressing 2 after I push down on the dpad)or I get the kick and the EX TU will miss. New to the game and this is my first fighter so I have been trying to learn everything I possibly can to progress my play with cyrax and sektor along with fighting game knowledge/mechanics. Thanks to all you guys for the great videos,knowledge, and entertainment. PEACE!

*Sorry if this post is out of place and also, if any of you guys ever get on XBlag, I mean live, I'm always joining the TYM lobby when there is one and would appreciate some games( To lose and learn lol). Attending offline tourny in Atlanta this weekend to get a feel for offline scene.
When punishing blocked teleports, I usually go with F4, 3/4, TU.

B2, EX TU might be a waste of a meter. I would use F4, 3/4, TU to punish blocked teleports.

F4, 4, TU, FJK, EX TU - Try practicing FJK, TU over and over until you can do it consistently. It is basically just a jump kick, then pressing down, forward, 4. You are really just pressing 4 twice (with D, F in between).

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Doesn't 21 have the same range as 12b1? By that I mean the same distance where the second hit will whiff. I used to think 21 was the better punisher in some situatons but I remeber going into training mode and doing a number of steps back and the second hit of both still whiffed at the same distance.

Can't fully remember and might not have done it right though.

does any one know if their are anymore more Sektor Vids if so can u post the links? i really like Sektor and thinking bout making him my main. so if u guys know where i can find anymore more Vids of Sektor.. that are not combo vids or anything like that please post them. thanks

JrK

Probably Drunk
does any one know if their are anymore more Sektor Vids if so can u post the links? i really like Sektor and thinking bout making him my main. so if u guys know where i can find anymore more Vids of Sektor.. that are not combo vids or anything like that please post them. thanks
:popcorn:

PND_Ketchup

youd think the 2,1 and 1,2 have the same range but they dont, if you go into training and have kung lao do a couple of hits then spin, the 1,2,<1 will miss but the 2,1 will land i think its because of where sektor punches with the second hit. you need to get the full dash off it of course but still, it's your best way to get a full combo off a spin punish unless he just spins on its own which of course the 1,2,<1 will punish.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
youd think the 2,1 and 1,2 have the same range but they dont, if you go into training and have kung lao do a couple of hits then spin, the 1,2,<1 will miss but the 2,1 will land i think its because of where sektor punches with the second hit. you need to get the full dash off it of course but still, it's your best way to get a full combo off a spin punish unless he just spins on its own which of course the 1,2,<1 will punish.
I wish I could test it that way. The way I tested it was just going 2 paces away from the opponent the second hit of both of them would whiff everytime.