What's new

Accepting the New Kast

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
Glad you mentioned the wizard of oz. What you're asking of me (and others) is that we get the wizard of us without Dorothy, the lion, the scarecrow and the tin man.
And we should be happy about it.

You throw insults from left and right to mascarade your lack of intelligence, because quite frankly you just can't do better. It's not your fault. You were born that way.
But again, you throw insults because your tiny ostrich brain can't comprehend that some of us, do want an update Lion, Scarecrow, Dorothy and Tin Man instead of Ruth, Sheep, Foil Woman and Doll.

Are you able to comprehend what I'm saying? About me (and possibly others) wanting to see most of the old cast (if not all) with updated designs, story and movesets?
Much like MKX's Scorpion and SubZero? Especially now where all characters have 3 variations. I would certainly like to see Rain with a style where he uses high pressured water swords. Kung Lao with a style where he uses his hat as a weapon in combos and so on. What's wrong with seeing old characters which I like, with a fresh coat of paint?

The moment you mocked me (and others) based on our choices being different from yours (thus proving your stupidity) was the moment anything you said would indeed fall on deaf ears. It's worthless to me.

So no, I don't want MK9 with next gen graphics. I want MK9's cast with next gen graphics, updated designs, updated movesets, strings animations, fatalities and stories.
That's what I want.
OK, thats a fair point. But seriously, do you really expect them to include the entire cast of MK9? That is damn near unreasonable. I accept your premise, but I do believe it is marred with nostalgia.

And it is, without a doubt, stupid to reject new things. Sorry. . .

I would love Rain as well. He's my favorite MK character. . . But that doesnt mean I would reject new members because i'm a stage-5 clinger. I'm an adult and have been living with change my entire life. My sense is that you are probably a much younger person than I am. Its a big scary world out there. . . Thinking things will always remain the same is a fine ticket to disappointment. So do yourself a favor and embrace change.

Also, I decided to mix bananas with chocolate. . . Oh. . . my. . . god!

(PS, it's spelled "masquerade")

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
I've been seeing a ton of hate, doubt, disliking for the fact that probably about half of the Mortal Kombat X cast are going to be brand new characters introduced to the series.

It's a bit scary, I understand, but Boon never fails to deliver.

A point I brought in earlier is that our favorite MK veteran characters were at one point new characters themselves.
We should give the newbies a chance and I'm pretty sure we're going to end up liking them or at least accepting them into the series.

Boon himself stated that a large number of Kombatants are going to be new, but I have faith in the game.
Sure, I wanted to see Nitara and Kira, but I'm pretty sure MKX is going to turn out fine.

Who knows, we might fall in love with one of the newer ones in place of our current favs

Let's not forget about DLC possibilities.
(the rumor goes 16 veterans and 14 new ones are going to make up the roster of 30)
perhaps a large majority of the DLC will be some our favorites who didn't make the original cut!!

Just trying to keep people positive!
Honetsly, if they keep the iconic core characters like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile-(any reptilian being) , Ermac, Raiden, Shao Kahn, Noob Saibot, Mileena-(any clone), Baraka-(any Tarkatan), Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, Goro, Sheeva and Liu Kang-(any resurrected/zombie form), Sektor and Cyrax then the game will survive and do well.

All the other characters like Jax, Sonya, Cage, Nightwolf, Kitana are all expendable really.

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
OK, thats a fair point. But seriously, do you really expect them to include the entire cast of MK9? That is damn near unreasonable. I accept your premise, but I do believe it is marred with nostalgia.

And it is, without a doubt, stupid to reject new things. Sorry. . .

I would love Rain as well. He's my favorite MK character. . . But that doesnt mean I would reject new members because i'm a stage-5 clinger. I'm an adult and have been living with change my entire life. My sense is that you are probably a much younger person than I am. Its a big scary world out there. . . Thinking things will always remain the same is a fine ticket to disappointment. So do yourself a favor and embrace change.

Also, I decided to mix bananas with chocolate. . . Oh. . . my. . . god!

(PS, it's spelled "masquerade")
It's not nostalgia that makes me want the old cast. It's just that I like the characters. It pains me that game after game, and this happens in my fighting games I like, my favorites get dropped.
It happened with tekken when Baek, Bruce, Armor King and Kazuya were dropped. They returned, but it hurted.

It happened with soulcalibur where my all time favorite fighting game character, Hwang, got dropped. And he never returned. It hurted like crazy in SC4 where pretty much everyone minus him and Li Long (another favorite) didn't return. Then in SCV they dropped Kilik (the edgemaster clone doesn't count), YunSeong, Seung Mina, Talim, Zasalamel and Rock. From SCIV they kept Mitsurugi, Cervantes and Maxi. It hurted.

But despite that, my fears come from NRS past attempts of introducing characters after MK4 (I actually liked the MK4 cast. Even Jarek). Generic characters without an ounce of personality. With the exception of Kenshi, Havik and maybe Hotaru.

I'll grant that MKX might change my views on certain characters. Before MK9 I couldn't care less about Smoke. Now he's my third most wanted character, behind Rain and Ermac.

I've been dealing with change too. It's just that in my experience, most of it turned out for the worse.

I'll keep an open mind on the new characters. Ferra/Torr grew on me. Still don't like D'vorah.

(PS: as you've probably guessed, English isn't my first language. I'm bound to make a few spelling mistakes)

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
He's pretty much all but confirmed a character reveal during EVO. He asked on Twitter when another reveal should be and basically it was decided at EVO. He's getting too obvious with his hints and countdowns.

Mst

Noob
Most ppl will stop complaining about the new Cast when one Character they wanna play get released. (incl. me) ;)

gosoxtim

Noob
He's pretty much all but confirmed a character reveal during EVO. He asked on Twitter when another reveal should be and basically it was decided at EVO. He's getting too obvious with his hints and countdowns.
then one a comic con maybe i think someone new at comic con and somrone old at evo unless they can do both old and the events

Last edited:

Colares

Noob
11% is not zero and 11 years in MK time will be covered in the game.
But I still think neither of these will be in.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I accept the new cast, always open to newer characters. I know Ferra/Torr has mixed reactions but D'vorah totally fits in MK. I like her a lot and K. Kahn too. Cassie of course.

Error

DF2+R2
I accept the new cast, always open to newer characters. I know Ferra/Torr has mixed reactions but D'vorah totally fits in MK. I like her a lot and K. Kahn too. Cassie of course.
From what I've seen around MKX facebook page, youtube and some posts around here, some people are like "I love D'vorra, but Ferra/Torr doesn't fit MK" or "Wow, I love Ferra/Torr, but I'm not sure about D'vora."

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
From what I've seen around MKX facebook page, youtube and some posts around here, some people are like "I love D'vorra, but Ferra/Torr doesn't fit MK" or "Wow, I love Ferra/Torr, but I'm not sure about D'vora."
Yeah, either or lol. I don't mind Ferra/Torr. I'll admit, at first I was like WTF when I saw Ferra/Torr like who the hell is that? lol Then the more gameplay I saw the more I like them. Some folks think they look like something out of a horror film lol.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
New is good. but somehow I dont how Street Fighter could go without Characters like Bison, Sagat, Guile Chun Li and few others. These faces are the game it self. You can add new things like stages, normals, specials add ons whatever the fuck You want, but SF wont be what it is if not the 2,5 dimention with iconic roster.
It was once 3d (Akira did that shit) and I remember well how that turned out - MK...well, we know what happend on that ship....its sinking on bottom of the depest sea along with Mortal Kombat 3 and other ones.

Bottom line is, we had new charactars as DLC we aceept, we even let Freddy pass in that stupid sweat shirt along the side but we had a game that we loved and it was brought back build with the inspiration of MK 1,2,3 with very same faces we had in those old good games.

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
It's not nostalgia that makes me want the old cast. It's just that I like the characters. It pains me that game after game, and this happens in my fighting games I like, my favorites get dropped.
It happened with tekken when Baek, Bruce, Armor King and Kazuya were dropped. They returned, but it hurted.

It happened with soulcalibur where my all time favorite fighting game character, Hwang, got dropped. And he never returned. It hurted like crazy in SC4 where pretty much everyone minus him and Li Long (another favorite) didn't return. Then in SCV they dropped Kilik (the edgemaster clone doesn't count), YunSeong, Seung Mina, Talim, Zasalamel and Rock. From SCIV they kept Mitsurugi, Cervantes and Maxi. It hurted.

But despite that, my fears come from NRS past attempts of introducing characters after MK4 (I actually liked the MK4 cast. Even Jarek). Generic characters without an ounce of personality. With the exception of Kenshi, Havik and maybe Hotaru.

I'll grant that MKX might change my views on certain characters. Before MK9 I couldn't care less about Smoke. Now he's my third most wanted character, behind Rain and Ermac.

I've been dealing with change too. It's just that in my experience, most of it turned out for the worse.

I'll keep an open mind on the new characters. Ferra/Torr grew on me. Still don't like D'vorah.

(PS: as you've probably guessed, English isn't my first language. I'm bound to make a few spelling mistakes)
=)

Yeah, it seems like you have the same curse as I do. . . . My favorites are the underdogs like Rain and such. Its not reasonable to expect them back =(

I like all the new chars so far. They are true to the theme of MK so thats all I care about. Its not like we are geting Kobra haha. Anyways, NRS has made some really good content over the past few years, and i've full faith in their ability to make this game awesome.

Cheers good sir.

-Ron

(PS, dont sweat the english. . . that shit is hard enough to master even if you grow up with it haha)