What's new

Tech - Shaolin Absurd Side Switch with Optimal Damage (that I've accidentally been hiding)

Darth Rambo

GT:DarthxXxRambo PSN:Darth__Rambo
@KIllaByte I just found a reverse wakeup setup with the upkick - shaolin drop. You sacrafice a small amount of damage with 37% though I'm sure there are more damaging setups. Anyway, you just need to walk back before doing the 34 xx upkick after a divekick with low gravity and it should work. The timing seems pretty strict so it might not be 100% consistent and I'm sure it works differently on different hitboxes too. Not bad because you get a lot of advantage and the hdk.
I do this all of the time and never thought it was good enough to figure out how to replicate it. Ive been using the 34 34 dk 34 upkick/drop for some time now though and sometimes i just use one 34 if i think the gravity is too bad and when i do that it generally happens. Always just thought it was a wonky hitbox on the drop lol.

Darth Rambo

For the record, I've never actually seen a Kung Jin player hit the optimal damage that I'm posting here for one bar, in any match, ever. I watch Slayer and know of the TYM squad, but I'm actually afraid I'm the only one who knows this, and the dope ass tricky version of optimal damage.
I've known this for way too long, but the issue with tech like this, is that when people know it, the mixup goes away...
Still though, you'll catch people. Only the Kung Jin alyers will know the intricacies of the timing of the side switch.
You can do 11 flying kick instead to prevent a side switch.
Edit: Wow, my damage wasn't even optimal either. Thanks, Trustypatches.
What song is that? I need to download it yesterday. Also good shit on the tech ive been doing the 34 34 dk 34 upkick for awhile but i figured thats what everyone was doing, i didnt know about the side switching stuff off of straight kick though. Im gonna check that out when i can.

Trustypatches

PSN: Boweeen, Twitch: rBoweeen
I do this all of the time and never thought it was good enough to figure out how to replicate it. Ive been using the 34 34 dk 34 upkick/drop for some time now though and sometimes i just use one 34 if i think the gravity is too bad and when i do that it generally happens. Always just thought it was a wonky hitbox on the drop lol.
Yeah it seems to happen with certain gravity. If you did want to replicate it, as @ID_Moi_LSac said, ending a smaller juggle with s4 xx upkick is pretty consistent. I probably won't use it much myself though.

Darth Rambo

Yeah it seems to happen with certain gravity. If you did want to replicate it, as @ID_Moi_LSac said, ending a smaller juggle with s4 xx upkick is pretty consistent. I probably won't use it much myself though.
It is pretty unique but at the same time it would be easy to figure out and at that point you either have to jump out or get stuck in the corner your self and im not too fond of being in the corner lol

For the record, I've never actually seen a Kung Jin player hit the optimal damage that I'm posting here for one bar, in any match, ever. I watch Slayer and know of the TYM squad, but I'm actually afraid I'm the only one who knows this, and the dope ass tricky version of optimal damage.
I've known this for way too long, but the issue with tech like this, is that when people know it, the mixup goes away...
Still though, you'll catch people. Only the Kung Jin alyers will know the intricacies of the timing of the side switch.
You can do 11 flying kick instead to prevent a side switch.
Edit: Wow, my damage wasn't even optimal either. Thanks, Trustypatches.
yeh liu kang has the same thing

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
What song is that? I need to download it yesterday. Also good shit on the tech ive been doing the 34 34 dk 34 upkick for awhile but i figured thats what everyone was doing, i didnt know about the side switching stuff off of straight kick though. Im gonna check that out when i can.
Good luck.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Njp, 4~up arrow, 34, ia divekick, 34, up kick drop is the highest damaging and easier to do online. I would do 11~divekick online cuz it'd hit every time.

DJT was the first person I saw use 34, 34 after njp