What's new

A question about big combos.

I just have a general question and didn't know where exactly to post it.
In order to be really competitive in Injustice, how necessary is it to be able to pull off big combos? I mean I have read elsewhere and on this site about players who can post 100% combos and that's a little intimidating for someone who is just getting into the game and getting ready to make the plunge to online play.
I'm working on some combos with a few characters and trying to get to know the ins and outs of the ones I use, just a little nervous about running into someone that could wreck me so completely.
Or am I just being apprehensive over nothing?

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Ill make a distinction between combos for you.

This is a very basic explaination, and not entirely correct but it should help enough.
There are essentially 2 types of combos. Swag and Bread and Butters.

Swag combos are those super high damage combos you are talking about. They require levels of precision usually only doable in practice mode. They are usually very specific on where you need to start the combos, how much meter you need, and where you are in regards to stage interactables.

Bread and butter combos (also called bnb) are the combos that are important. These combos start from your most used moves, they are easy in execution, and don't require much, if any meter or any stage interaction stuff. These combos are going to be anywhere from 30-50% damage.

So no, you don't need to know those super high damage ultra hard swag combos to be successful (although they are good to know.)