What's new

A challenge to the UMK3 players of TYM

nwo

Noob

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Because it can't be done on a cabinet and it's not universal to other platforms, it takes the fun out of it when no one else could compete.
Speed run times are specific to categories and platforms, so there wouldn't simply be a general "UMK3 ladder speedrun" time/record. It would be categorized by platform (SNES, Arcade Cabinet, Emulator, etc), by difficulty (Novice, Master, etc), and what ever else. Based on the category, you do whatever you can do get the best time, especially if it's a "glitch". It may "take the fun out of it" for you, but that's kinda irrelevant, as fun is subjective.

Speed run times are specific to categories and platforms, so there wouldn't simply be a general "UMK3 ladder speedrun" time/record. It would be categorized by platform (SNES, Arcade Cabinet, Emulator, etc), by difficulty (Novice, Master, etc), and what ever else. Based on the category, you do whatever you can do get the best time, especially if it's a "glitch". It may "take the fun out of it" for you, but that's kinda irrelevant, as fun is subjective.

This post has been Sirlin approved.

Play to win, even exploiting the glitches. Unless you can't overcome them. Then you beat them by obtaining source code and removing them from the game lol TE.

Here's the current speedrun world record for the MAME UMK3 on the master ladder 2 ladder as of 6/14/16 set by me. It's a time of 5:27 CST and it utilizes the coin slot trick.

Last edited:
Here's the current non-coin slot trick speedrun world record for the MAME UMK3 on the master ladder 2 ladder as of 6/14/16 set by me. It's a time of 6:31.

Last edited:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It was pretty ridiculous getting a time in for a fighting game on TG. It took me 6 months+ to get my Arcade Tekken 3 time submitted and accepted and they wouldn't open up individual character sections. Stupid... so back in the day, I had my own Tekken 2/3 site for Time Attack.

Yeah, that TG site just didn't and still doesn't care much about fighting games. I don't know why they have such a big obsession with Donkey Kong either?

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
ahh UMK3 how I missed you so. They should remaster Trilogy on the PS4, I would buy that in an instant.

Here's the current non-coin slot trick speedrun world record for the MAME UMK3 on the novice ladder as of 6/14/16 set by me. It's a time of 4:29.

Last edited:
Here's another speedrun that was achieved by me live on the Retro Uprising website on 8/19/16 for the MAME UMK3 on the master ladder 2 ladder. It's a time of 6:37 and it doesn't utilize the coin slot trick.