What's new

A Better MK2?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The game doesn't have enough jab as it is, we certainly don't need to remove any moves.
Unless we're talking about broken special moves like Mileena's sai spam, Jax's ground pound etc.
Jax Ground Pound is so broken, even on MKII NES version, that move is so broken that can OTG ppl into OTG every single time and is spammable. Well at least they stood loyal to the broken mechanics lol.

I definitely like what I'm seeing here. I'm sure if I can get in contact with the mastermind behind this, I can persuade them into working on UMK3 with me and a few other players, even if it means opening up the pocket book. Let's see what happens with MKII., This is the single most exciting thing in the FGC to me right now. If those things, like say the extra MK3 stages are still somehow accessible in UMK3 through perhaps some memory address adjustments, that would be great. Stuff like the corner jab infs, I've always thought could be eliminated by adding some extra recovery to the jabs, little enough that it wouldn't be noticeable in gameplay but it'd make all the difference based on the frame data testing I've done. As for Noob, giving a character an actual moveset, I dunno, I suppose it could be done, judging by what we've seen from these MKII hacks, this programmer knows what they are doing.
I would think that since Noob already has a moveset (it's just one move, the teleport punch, right?) on Wavenet, that code could be moved in to Juggernaut. Maybe? I guess that would entail getting Wavenet code/rom chips, which my be difficult. MK3 Noob may be a further reach.

Ahh the possibilities are endless... giving Reptile's pop up combo faster recovery, open up combo options. Un-nerfing (or nerfing the CPU) combos for Jade and U-Sub. Making Mileena's CPU-exclusive popup not CPU-exclusive.

Just don't kill Sindel's AA Scream/HPHP juggles. That's the golden ticket against teleport happy ninjas, human and cyber. :)

I'd by lying if I said I didn't have my hopes up that the guy working on this is working anonymously on MK2, just testing how changes effect the gameplay... with UMK3 being the BIG project. Hoping either way it's someone already part of the community.

Pushback is on the third blocked jab, right?
Errr....yes, you're right.

Last edited:

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
Is there any way to add invincible frames and make true wake up attacks?

Make bigger juggle combos but reduced damage overall to make it a little more combo heavy?