What's new

A Better MK2?

Not sure if this was ever discussed, but...... would deleting certain moves entirely from the game make mk2 better or worse? What if we removed crouching punches and kicks, but kept the crouching uppercut? What move(s), once removed, would make the game better? I'm not talking about tweaking anything already existing or adding anything either.

Sweeps would be your only low attack aside from specials and standing low kicks in certain matchups. It could be interesting. Standing low/high kicks, roundhouses are kept.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

REMOVE NOTHING.

Well, removing low punches and such wouldn't matter to me. I never did any of the crazy stuff in the game to begin with. I just got people into the corner with Kitana and took like 80-90% of their health in one combo. >.>

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Just rebalancing the game via hacking the ROM is possible. I heard someone is working on just that:

Must be hard work because nobody but the hacker that created the Juggernaut UMK3 hack years ago has done anything with it. I heard that the Midway games are the hardest to hack.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Just rebalancing the game via hacking the ROM is possible. I heard someone is working on just that:

Must be hard work because nobody but the hacker that created the Juggernaut UMK3 hack years ago has done anything with it. I heard that the Midway games are the hardest to hack.
Whoever has done this knows their shit. Those are exactly the types of things that need to happen to balance out the game. Especially with Sub and Cage.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Whoever has done this knows their shit. Those are exactly the types of things that need to happen to balance out the game. Especially with Sub and Cage.
I hope this isn't another one of those projects where some random ass programmer just drops a romset and never establishes contact with the community.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I hope this isn't another one of those projects where some random ass programmer just drops a romset and never establishes contact with the community.
It's a great project, but how would anyone be able to play it? MK2 arcade machines are rare, and no one plays on MAME.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I love the person whining in the youtube comments about how making Cage's shadow kick better would make him broken.
God forbid, it might make him a mid-tier fighter LOL...

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Pretty awesome! What about Lao? He's close to top tier to begin with. If he isn't nerfed a bit he would rule all...
Cool video!
Somebody has to be the best... KL isn't that bad, plus according to the changelist in that video, his spin damage was nerfed along with making his C.LK not a low attack anymore.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Somebody has to be the best... KL isn't that bad, plus according to the changelist in that video, his spin damage was nerfed along with making his C.LK not a low attack anymore.
Lao is #4 on the tier and already on the cusp of being top tier.
He does well vs Mileena, Jax and Liu...so if they are all nerfed, Lao would become the new #1 I wager.
But fair enough. Like you said, somebody has to be #1 and Mileena has had her 21 years at the top!

And I hope he does something with UMK3. Make it, like... Ultimate UMK3. hahaha...

Some nice changes I could see...
Bank
Red Portal
Wavenet Noob, maybe even unlockable MK3 Noob?
force HP/LP corner pushback from 2 hits to 1, eliminating corner jab lockdown
And maybe eliminate those golden-kara-glitch jabs.
MK3 announcer for "wins" with Jade, Scorpion, Kitana, and Reptile. Mileena and Ermac have new "wins" announcer voice, so yeah.

I mean, these possibilites have to be out there... whoever created the juggernaut hack knew enough of the game to make changes to make noob playable, human smoke's stage lock is gone...

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
And I hope he does something with UMK3. Make it, like... Ultimate UMK3. hahaha...

Some nice changes I could see...
Bank
Red Portal
Wavenet Noob, maybe even unlockable MK3 Noob?
force HP/LP corner pushback from 2 hits to 1, eliminating corner jab lockdown
And maybe eliminate those golden-kara-glitch jabs.
MK3 announcer for "wins" with Jade, Scorpion, Kitana, and Reptile. Mileena and Ermac have new "wins" announcer voice, so yeah.

I mean, these possibilites have to be out there... whoever created the juggernaut hack knew enough of the game to make changes to make noob playable, human smoke's stage lock is gone...
I definitely like what I'm seeing here. I'm sure if I can get in contact with the mastermind behind this, I can persuade them into working on UMK3 with me and a few other players, even if it means opening up the pocket book. Let's see what happens with MKII., This is the single most exciting thing in the FGC to me right now. If those things, like say the extra MK3 stages are still somehow accessible in UMK3 through perhaps some memory address adjustments, that would be great. Stuff like the corner jab infs, I've always thought could be eliminated by adding some extra recovery to the jabs, little enough that it wouldn't be noticeable in gameplay but it'd make all the difference based on the frame data testing I've done. As for Noob, giving a character an actual moveset, I dunno, I suppose it could be done, judging by what we've seen from these MKII hacks, this programmer knows what they are doing.