What's new

2014 Spring Tier List

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I don't know how many more Top 8s Doomsday and Catwoman need to make before people realize that those characters are good in the hands of an expert which is what things should be determined by anyway

RIF

Noob
I don't know how many more Top 8s Doomsday and Catwoman need to make before people realize that those characters are good in the hands of an expert which is what things should be determined by anyway
Doomsday is an excellent tournament character. Not good. Excellent.

Catwoman's placings are due to two factors:
- Not many people have real MU experience against High-Level Catwoman players
- The most notable Catwoman player happens to be one of the better players in the community

Catwoman needs brackets devoid of High-Level AM, Bane, and Sinestro players in order to succeed. This can be said for most characters not named Aquaman, Bane, MMH, or Batgirl. This is why, IMHO, having a more stable/balanced MU chart w/o drastic swings in either direction is what dictates how 'good' a character truly is. (See: Batman)

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
One of the more entertaining tier list I've read.

Zatanna is solid mid tier though, Maybe higher. Her death touch factor is definitely top tier.

Doomsday is an excellent tournament character. Not good. Excellent.

Catwoman's placings are due to two factors:
- Not many people have real MU experience against High-Level Catwoman players
- The most notable Catwoman player happens to be one of the better players in the community

Catwoman needs brackets devoid of High-Level AM, Bane, and Sinestro players in order to succeed. This can be said for most characters not named Aquaman, Bane, MMH, or Batgirl. This is why, IMHO, having a more stable/balanced MU chart w/o drastic swings in either direction is what dictates how 'good' a character truly is. (See: Batman)
Tier lists assume characters are being played at the highest possible level.

So how is it problematic that 16 bit influences Catwoman's position on the tier list?

bishbash

Ares and The Joker are so slept on that its not even funny. Zatanaa over then her 50/50 resets and unblockables, really can't do anything to warrant herself out of trouble.
Joker is top tier in the corner maybe. Zatanna is slept on. If you think her vortex options are simple 50/50s then good luck when you come across a competent one. Standing 3 out ranges a lot of other normals, it makes the batgirl MU 5/5 and beats supermans F23 at the start of the match. MB teleport may be the best move in the game

RIF

Noob
Tier lists assume characters are being played at the highest possible level.

So how is it problematic that 16 bit influences Catwoman's position on the tier list?
I never said it did. She's a mid-tier character. Her tournament placings are due to 16-bit being better than most people and the fact that MU experience against a High-Level Catwoman is limited for most people.

I still stand by the notion that Zatanna is mid tier or even lower than that. Truly until someone shows me footage of something otherwise, I'll stand with what I stated.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Jeeze, losing to Batgirl really makes people salty doesnt it?
Being very annoying and aggravating to fight doesnt equal top tier :p

I don't buy the whole "Batgirl has the hardest Neutral" nonsense, but I do think she's overrated.

bishbash

I still stand by the notion that Zatanna is mid tier or even lower than that. Truly until someone shows me footage of something otherwise, I'll stand with what I stated.
She's not lower than mid. She's a solid character. I'm not saying she's a top tier character, I've always agreed with her being firmly mid tier, like a lot of the cast tbh. Deg222 had a really good showing at final round if you got to see any of that.

She's not lower than mid. She's a solid character. I'm not saying she's a top tier character, I've always agreed with her being firmly mid tier, like a lot of the cast tbh. Deg222 had a really good showing at final round if you got to see any of that.
I haven't is it uploaded on youtube or any site like that? I've been doing a lot of researching when playing Catwoman, Joker and Aquaman as of late that I've haven't had a lot of time on these sites.

bishbash

I haven't is it uploaded on youtube or any site like that? I've been doing a lot of researching when playing Catwoman, Joker and Aquaman as of late that I've haven't had a lot of time on these sites.

All the pools from final round are on YouTube, there are like 10 parts but he was in one of the earlier pools so the matches should be in the first couple of videos. Unfortunately they havent uploaded his top 16 matchrs against REO which were almost too hype. If you search for either deg222 or mrmileena Zatanna you'll find some high level Zatanna play but the final round matches are I think the only offline tournament matches she's had.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Instead of using idiotic memes, just plainly explain to me why she's not D tier material.. It should be simple right?
As a person who argues by fact then fine, convince ye I shall.

Sorry, force of habit....

Here's why Zatanna is better than you think:

1. Stupid-to-deal-with zoning, ie rings you can manipulate to move up or down to hit the opponent as well trait zoning mentioned below, MB fire kiss which with the use of teleport can mess with the opponent,
2. Trait. HER GODDAMN TRAIT. Free, pretty LONG-lasting armour with db3 AND zoning which does about as much chip as it does damage on hit AND an OTG AND you can even do combos with it lol,
3. She has teleports to avoid pressure and get to wherever she wants to be and start her zoning, and I'm pretty sure it's an invincible wakeup too. Pretty damn good,
4. Safe launchers with b1u3 and MB multi kicks,
5. Vortex(?) Or at the very least 50/50s,
6. Average damage, better than C tier anyway.

She's mid tier at the very least, A- potential imo, I just feel her full potential hasn't been completely shown yet. She's just one of those characters that requires execution like Joker but she has better tools :)

Edit: Holy crap huge Yoda

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
The only thing I hate about spring is Thunderstorms but the honeys out here come out with them shorts shorts so it cancels each other out. But the honeys got to be at least 18 yrs of age.

I can see the vortex and 50/50 play in Zatanna's favor, a lot really. Don't get me wrong I think she's an okay character, I just don't agree that she should be higher than Catwoman, Bane, Lantern and Joker really. But those points you have stated, I can see why they would make her in a higher tier.

The only thing I hate about spring is Thunderstorms but the honeys out here come out with them shorts shorts so it cancels each other out. But the honeys got to be at least 18 yrs of age.
While I agree with you, why is this post in this thread? It isn't relevant to the topic lol.

Youphemism

I can see the vortex and 50/50 play in Zatanna's favor, a lot really. Don't get me wrong I think she's an okay character, I just don't agree that she should be higher than Catwoman, Bane, Lantern and Joker really. But those points you have stated, I can see why they would make her in a higher tier.
Oh no Bane and even probably Green Lantern are definitely better, Catwoman arguably. What makes you think Joker is better than her?

Oh no Bane and even probably Green Lantern are definitely better, Catwoman arguably. What makes you think Joker is better than her?
Man when he was being played with for a few amount of time, Joker had some serious potential to be the "male" Zatanna. Those teeth setups were killer and allowed for some great keep away and some huge 50/50s and resets. He has an anti-air uppercut, his air normals are the best in the game, and all around he is an amazing character. This probably won't compare to your examples of what makes a good character, but its better than nothing at least.

Youphemism

Man when he was being played with for a few amount of time, Joker had some serious potential to be the "male" Zatanna. Those teeth setups were killer and allowed for some great keep away and some huge 50/50s and resets. He has an anti-air uppercut, his air normals are the best in the game, and all around he is an amazing character. This probably won't compare to your examples of what makes a good character, but its better than nothing at least.
Joker's only really good in the corner man... he struggles to get in against zoners, but Zatanna for example has a teleport so she can be wherever she wants. His teeth setups are all tech rollable (to my awareness, don't quote me on that) and he doesn't want to play keepaway he wants to come in to do damage since the only thing he can do from full screen is use his pistol which is duckable. Fair enough his air normals are the best in the game but that doesn't make him Bane tier lol. I personally don't think he's the worst character but he's not the best by far. His game revolves getting the opponent to the corner or else he kind of struggles.

1. "He has an anti-air uppercut" *facepalms* So does everyone...that's kind of what they're used for. But I see your point, his is one of the best in the game.
2. Just stating "all around he is an amazing character" doesn't really tell me how you think he's a good character. You can't just say he's good you have to explain why :p

Having good jump normals and a good uppercut doesn't make a character great, it just means they have good jump normals and a good uppercut lol

Well I could've explained it so much better but, I don't have that much information with him (and since I only casually play him also makes it a little bit less). Now Catwoman on the other hand, I main her and Aquaman so i'm pretty sure about them.

bishbash

I'm certain you can tech all Jokers teeth setups mid screen unless he throws them out after a background bounce.

Zatanna just has more options, better space control and a multitude of ways to reset her opponent. Then when she has them respecting all of her legit options she has tons of setups and shenanigans she can pull out. Multiple vortexes, a disgracefully good corner game and the potential to end every combo with her opponents inputs reversed. Full screen punishes and frame traps. She has legit OTG setups with trait both mid screen and corner Instant overhead on wakeup with her levitate. MB rings MB tele 112 is actually s full screen block string.... I could go on.

What's best is that she still hasn't reached her full potential, there is just so much people don't know about her.