What's new

2014 Spring Tier List

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
2014 Spring Tier List

A
Flash, Wonder Woman: Keep the 50/50's, forget about the knockdown game and play Batgirl

B
Sinestro: If you want to zone just play Zod

C
Zatanna - crappier versions of "playing on the go character", "oki character" and "zoning character"

D
Joker, Grundy - crappiest of the crappies
What makes the A tier only A? Flash and Wonder Woman get better ACTUAL damage (rather than potential damage) meterless midscreen than Batgirl and (I think) MMH and their corner damage is about the same, Flash and WoWo have a safe 6 frame into a combo and don't need to use much meter either.

Sinestro has a meterless vortex too, and his is more safe, but he's only B tier? He's also one of the best zoners in the game and has a very good trait that sometimes even sways matchups in his favour. I'd say A tier but then again I'm not the Sinestro king so I don't know.

Zatanna: Yeah she has crap normals but her zoning is a pain and she's one of the worst matchups for some characters. She is meter dependent but she has good mixups and setups too. I don't think she's higher than A but maybe she could be B tier imo.

Joker is deadly in the corner, has decent bnbs, builds meter pretty well, good range anti-air uppercut, arguably best jump normals in the game, he just requires good execution. I wouldn't call THAT crappy...

Grundy can do good amounts of damage for one bar, gets several hits of armour without meter from Walking Corpse cancels and has a great trait since he can choose to either do more damage, take less damage on hit or basically completely deny chip damage. He just happens to struggle in 40% of his matchups but that's 60% he either goes even with or wins.

These are just my opinions of course, I'm sure you have your reasons for why these characters are placed the tier they are and I'd like to hear them :)

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
Stopped reading after I saw mmh was s+ tier. for the last time , S+ tier is reserved for characters that break the fundamentals of the game or in other words can't be beat, or has an infinite or a glitch of some sort. your whole tier list as of now has been discredited.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Not so sure chuckychuck speaks for the community.

WHO THE HELL IS CHUCKYCHUCK
He might not speak for the community but I have eyes and I what this community is like and what it has been since MK9, as well as what it will be in MK10.

2014 Spring Tier List

S+
MMH

S
Aquaman: The zoning side of Martian Manhunter
Batgirl: The rush down 50/50 side of Martian Manhunter

A
Bane: Just forget about oki and play Batgirl already
Batman: If you want to be the jack of all trades master of all just play Martian Manhunter
Black Adam, Superman: Just play Martian Manhunter for better rush down, footsies and zoning
Flash, Wonder Woman: Keep the 50/50's, forget about the knockdown game and play Batgirl
Zod: If you want space control and zoning just play Aquaman

B
Catwoman, Killer Frost: If you want 50/50's just play Wonder Woman
Deathstroke, Harley Quinn, Nightwing: If you want to play on the go just play Batman
Doomsday, Hawkgirl: If you just want to throw out specials just play Bane
Green Lantern, Raven, Sinestro: If you want to zone just play Zod
Lex Luthor: If you want setups just play Martian Manhunter
Lobo: If you want to play a grappler and play oki just play Bane

C
Green Arrow, Shazam, Zatanna - crappier versions of "playing on the go character", "oki character" and "zoning character"

D
Cyborg, Joker, Scorpion, Grundy - crappiest of the crappies
um did you just compare martians reactable 50 50s to batgirls unreactable 50 50s????

did you also put a character whose vortex never ends and zones out half the cast and can't be pressure on wakeup into c tier??