What's new

2014 FIFA World Cup general discussion thread

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I would respectfully disagree and say this may finally be the nail on the head for the FA realising that their expectations/conclusions are nothing but sentimental.
We can only hope that what you said is going to be true. I have been a fan of English football for a long time and they have always disappointed me. It's about time they start getting it right.

NKZero

Noob
I would respectfully disagree and say this may finally be the nail on the head for the FA realising that their expectations/conclusions are nothing but sentimental.
Man it's not even the players but I just don't see how we are gonna turn this around. Everything is wrong from our style of football to our passion etc. Too many other teams are getting better for us to be relevant in the coming years. Hope I am proved wrong.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Luis Suarez is a filthy animal.

Colombia is playing the best futbol right now with Holland right there..

Colombia 's James Rodriguez is arguably playing at the same level of Neymar/Messi/Robben.

England sucks and i can see the USA surpassing them at each and every WC in the future. They lack the world class athleticism. Also all the stars in the EPL are imports.. Thats a developmental problem.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
We can only hope that what you said is going to be true. I have been a fan of English football for a long time and they have always disappointed me. It's about time they start getting it right.
Man it's not even the players but I just don't see how we are gonna turn this around. Everything is wrong from our style of football to our passion etc. Too many other teams are getting better for us to be relevant in the coming years. Hope I am proved wrong.
It's been the first time in quite a while that we've had multiple players from the same teams though, (Sterling, Henderson, Sturridge, Gerrard, Johnson for Liverpool, Smalling, Jones, Welbeck for Man United etc.) More of them are only going to keep getting better than not, and that gives them more freedom to work with their own ideas instead of tweaking an antiquated 4-4-2.

I feel the group itself was a double-edged sword, it sucks that we had two heavyweights straight off the bat (why didn't France have such hurdles eh Platini :DOGE), but it's a much needed reminder that these teams do in fact, exist. The only times England have reached the last four of a major tournament, their bracketology didn't exactly set the world on fire.

LaR

Noob
Luis Suarez is a filthy animal.

Colombia is playing the best futbol right now with Holland right there..

Colombia 's James Rodriguez is arguably playing at the same level of Neymar/Messi/Robben.

England sucks and i can see the USA surpassing them at each and every WC in the future. They lack the world class athleticism. Also all the stars in the EPL are imports.. Thats a developmental problem.
Come on now, England are not that great right now yes, but saying the USA are better than England is absolutely ridiculous.

STRYKIE

Come on now, England are not that great right now yes, but saying the USA are better than England is absolutely ridiculous.
Yeah I usually stick up for the growth of MLS and I was the voice of reason when England were expected to steamroll the USA at the last World Cup but I think he got carried away lol.

Unless he means USA going further than England in future tournaments.. I mean it's likely to happen this year, but it's still subjective...

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Yeah I usually stick up for the growth of MLS and I was the voice of reason when England were expected to steamroll the USA at the last World Cup but I think he got carried away lol.

Unless he means USA going further than England in future tournaments.. I mean it's likely to happen this year, but it's still subjective...

Not even talking about MLS... Im confident USA will do better than England in future World Cups..

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I feel like you're sleeping on greece and portugal a little.

My first arcade stick I did some choppy, funny colombian art on it, and I have carlos valderrama and shakira on it. I'll upload a picture when I get home
I slept on Greece (just a little cause they were 2 mins from going home) but I was right about Portugal

and

I told you about Colombia... Right now there isnt a better team playing as a unit in the WC... James Rodriguez is playing like a Top 5 Footballer in the World...

STRYKIE

Not even talking about MLS... Im confident USA will do better than England in future World Cups..
I mean in the general context of how football/soccer is frowned upon when it comes to the USA. They've done a great job with arguably the toughest group but that doesn't spell out anything for the future. This is the second World Cup in a row where the reigning champions have been knocked out in the group stage, after it previously hadn't happened for 36 years/9 tournaments.

Last edited:

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
100% agree with this. Football is getting bigger in the States every year and regardless of ability, the USA always produces highly athletic, enthusiastic players with the right never-give-up attitude. The MLS doesn't pamper players (it's not really able to) with obscene wages like the Premier League does, there's actually an impetus to get better instead of getting rich. Truthfully, England has a drought of talent and the next generation of players are woefully inadequate, most would struggle to get a deal abroad. I've always supported the States over England (I'm from the UK) and always will do. Donovan tho

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
A third bite by Suarez? There should be a substantial ban, maybe lifetime. First time ok, act of emotion, senseless none the less, but 2, 3 times is ridiculous. Obviously Luis does not fear that he will get nothing more then a string of games. A message needs to be sent to stop this bizarre and senseless behavior.

Kim0z

Noob
A third bite by Suarez? There should be a substantial ban, maybe lifetime. First time ok, act of emotion, senseless none the less, but 2, 3 times is ridiculous. Obviously Luis does not fear that he will get nothing more then a string of games. A message needs to be sent to stop this bizarre and senseless behavior.
Im not trying to defend Suarez or anything of that sort, but I think that he can't control himself when he panics, I think that this biting thing is an uncontrollable reaction that he has when he feels a threat or something.

He definitely needs to be punished for this stupid action if he can't stop it, I think he needs to visit a doctor or use some medicine in order to help him.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Im not trying to defend Suarez or anything of that sort, but I think that he can't control himself when he panics, I think that this biting thing is an uncontrollable reaction that he has when he feels a threat or something.

He definitely needs to be punished for this stupid action if he can't stop it, I think he needs to visit a doctor or use some medicine in order to help him.
No you just underestimate his assholeness.