What's new

1st Post MKXL Balance Patch?

Wigy

There it is...
There's nothing wrong with a character having a good jump in especially when they're supposed to have godlike space control
Its stupid when it goes 3/4 screen and can only be antiaired properly by armour; its braindead and stupid

Wigy

There it is...
You say that to me yet you are complaining about jip's when maybe it is because you suck at anti airing or trip guarding. Same argument
Basically 90% of the community agree Jips are stupid in this game. Stop being salty for the sake of it.

How is laos j2 legit?

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
1. Make every character have two fully functional and safe armored specials/wakeup attacks. One for getting out of any characters pressure, and one for getting out of any characters corner lockdowns.

2. Make all characters with fast projectiles like Kitana, Mileena, Jacqui ect have longer recovery time after shooting and reduced meter building the more they repeat shooting projectiles on a blocking opponent.

3. Remove all jail strings from all characters.

4. Make all characters with multiple Low-OH, OH-Low, Low-Mid-OH mixup cancelable strings have longer recovery time on block for balanced punishing. No more 150% safe 50/50s that have so many mixup options that your chances of guessing right on block are 2 out of 20 times.

5. Balance or redesign/hotfix whatever every character to truly have 3 different variations for different fighting strategies. Not the current 2 zoning variations and 1 general or 2 offensive variations and 1 zoning variation. Have 1 Zoning, 1 Offense, and 1 Mixed Variation the way NRS intended.

6. More maps.

7. More skins for all characters, even DLC. Have at least 4 skins for all characters.

8. Give us the ability make custom challenge towers for friends. Not that stupid random superspeed-falling head crap.

9. Give the initiator of a public KOTH session the option to boot out annoying players and keep them out.

Last edited:

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
Make pokes low profile grabs
Make block breakers cost one bar and all YOUR stamina
Make interactables have a wake up option (idk if that's in the game)
Make njp's more minus
Have the ping bar always there (if you want)
Maybe make some of the Kombat kard backgrounds easier to get
Have more active frames on d2?
Make ft3-ft5 game modes
Make team battle better so you can inv people while your in the match.
Maybe make KOTH like mk9 with the cartoon thing:) I would love that
Make ranked actually have ranked features like gold division or something. Also ranked should punish the people who unplug their cord by making the person who is still connected to nrs servers get the win but the person who isn't gets a demote.
Show ping bar in the char select screen?
Change sky temple up a little bit to make it bearable
Make an interactable one the right side of the screen on the jungle (idk if there is)
Make and option to keep input shortcuts but not keep the 2 buttons at once for grab and 2 buttons at once for interactable?
Buff Erron
Buff Ermac
Nerf full auto
Change female hit boxes?
I agree with all but ft3-ft5. That would be useless space that can be used for other options.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Only universal change besides normalized jumps ins I want is to make pokes low profile grabs since they are suppose to be highs

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
Lmao, scrub detected
If you can't tell the difference between projectile spamming and zoning, you're the scrub. LMAO
They are both real strategies players use. Just one is newb-brain-dead playing, the other is skilled distance and spacing control.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
Predators njp needs to be hella punishable on block and his lasers need more fucking recovery

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Well with the rumor floating that Mileena's b12 will be nerfed, I hope this patch never drops. If it does and its nerfed, the bitching for buffs/nerfs strategy would be completely validated in my eyes.

Matix218

Get over here!
Basically 90% of the community agree Jips are stupid in this game. Stop being salty for the sake of it.

How is laos j2 legit?
Yes there are some jump attacks that are more ridiculous than others (kotal, sub, lao) but there are ways to deal with everything. Some characters have an armor move that will beat jump ins, some characters have specific special moves that anti air, some characters have normals that are great anti airs, some characters have fast advancing whiff punishers that are perfect for trip guard. If someone is just jumping around like a madman you generally have multiple options to blow them up and make them think twice about jumping again. MK9 anti airs were too simplified and it spoiled everyone. You had 1 move that would essentially beat any jump attack but mkx is not like that. Certain jump attacks require different anti air methods in this game that require labbing and learning in order to deal with. The thing that makes jumping stronger in mkx is not necessarily weaker overall anti airs but it is actually the run mechanic. The fact is in mk9 the only way to close a jump distance range immediately was to jump in, so you were more prone to be ready for jump ins at that range. In mkx with the super fast run mechanic you have to be ready for jump in, run in and pressure, run in and throw, run in and 50/50. These other variables make it so there is more you have to look for in that range and it makes jumps stronger because they are now not the only option you have to be on the lookout for

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
Well with the rumor floating that Mileena's b12 will be nerfed, I hope this patch never drops. If it does and its nerfed, the bitching for buffs/nerfs strategy would be completely validated in my eyes.
Just live with it and adapt. I use Mileena too and I do think her B12 and her 21 needs to be nerfed.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Just live with it and adapt. I use Mileena too and I do think her B12 and her 21 needs to be nerfed.
Could be used for both sides. Don't want to turn this into another MIleena thread so I'll agree to disagree. By the way, what rank are you in the Army and where are you stationed?

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
Yes there are some jump attacks that are more ridiculous than others (kotal, sub, lao) but there are ways to deal with everything. Some characters have an armor move that will beat jump ins, some characters have specific special moves that anti air, some characters have normals that are great anti airs, some characters have fast advancing whiff punishers that are perfect for trip guard. If someone is just jumping around like a madman you generally have multiple options to blow them up and make them think twice about jumping again. MK9 anti airs were too simplified and it spoiled everyone. You had 1 move that would essentially beat any jump attack but mkx is not like that. Certain jump attacks require different anti air methods in this game that require labbing and learning in order to deal with. The thing that makes jumping stronger in mkx is not necessarily weaker overall anti airs but it is actually the run mechanic. The fact is in mk9 the only way to close a jump distance range immediately was to jump in, so you were more prone to be ready for jump ins at that range. In mkx with the super fast run mechanic you have to be ready for jump in, run in and pressure, run in and throw, run in and 50/50. These other variables make it so there is more you have to look for in that range and it makes jumps stronger because they are now not the only option you have to be on the lookout for
You went south the moment you mentioned that "some characters have armor moves that beat jump ins". That's the problem. Every character then should have armored moves to beat any characters jump ins. But they don't, so that's why you have to deffenders of jump ins and the haters of jump ins. NRS is the reason for all the hate on hate players have towards other characters.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Kitana:
-Make D1 6F of start up and +15 on hit
-Make F1 double hitting and 11F
-Make B1 8F
-Give her the old damage back
-Make booty charge safe on block and give it better recovery
-Give her a new D3/D4

Mileena:
-Give her a sai on her new D1 just like Kitana's
-Make B1 7F of start-up and a true mid so people can actually complain with a true reason to do so
-Make telekick safe on block and 10F of start-up
-Make F1 10F of start-up
-Make F12B4 +2 on block
Safe telekick............. No f'ing thank you

omooba

fear the moobs
Anything with a heavily onesided risk reward is braindead
soooo cage's pressure is braindead? soooo safe 50/50's are brain dead? soooo safe wake ups are brain dead? dude if it's not something heavily guaranteed it's not brain dead.

omooba

fear the moobs
You went south the moment you mentioned that "some characters have armor moves that beat jump ins". That's the problem. Every character then should have armored moves to beat any characters jump ins. But they don't, so that's why you have to deffenders of jump ins and the haters of jump ins. NRS is the reason for all the hate on hate players have towards other characters.
no scrubs are the reason for hate on hate. there's no problem with jump ins. if you have a good anti air you can beat it without using meter. this is all just part of balancing the character's strength and weaknesses that's what kotal has arguably the best jump in in the game. it's fine

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I think this game has some really overwhelming mechanics and some characters are fully benefitting from it due the way they were built.

No jump in attack should ever be +2 on block, let alone allow for guaranteed pressure, characters with such strong jump ins and fast lows and overheads starters like Sonya, Cassie etc who cannot be jabbed out of the air will only need you to block one Jip so they can decide to apply an overhead or a low, your only option is to guess right.

Jips should be equally -3 or -4 if blocked and should have no cancel advantage, so if blocked, they could escape, try to grab or bait a pressure, but never guaranteed unless it hits, that is my primary concern.

The second one is the input storage room is still way too big, it gives me the impression that I am twice as faster than the game itself, many times I'm just walking back and forth to stay within enemy's range, when they jump in front of me or press a button, on that window where I could get a punish, my most usable command normal designed for this situation happens to share an input with a special move, so instead of the command normal i get a special.

I know nrs does the games like this intentionally to Cather the casuals, but please next game onwards pls narrow down the input storage room, and add 2 levels of release check for those who have execution problems in getting specials correctly, there is no reason for the game to be as it is, I bet if it was a little bit more responsive we would likely get much better results.

Wigy

There it is...
soooo cage's pressure is braindead? soooo safe 50/50's are brain dead? soooo safe wake ups are brain dead? dude if it's not something heavily guaranteed it's not brain dead.
If ive already got you in the pressure i've already taken a risk, if your blocking right you'll eat chip.

If sub wants to cross me up for a free 50/50 i'm taking a huge risk trying to antiair him, its also incredibly easy execution wise.

Mk9 has jump-ins perfect guaranteed pressure off it but if you do it in a stupid catalogued fashion you'd get punished hard.

JC i have to use a perfectly timed uppercut (too early to comes out backwards too late i get hit out) to get 16% when they will get their full bnb.. Usually around 30%

The game rewards jump ins too much and they are very easy execution wise.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Just share them,got nothing to lose:).
Man. I'll try. I'm not going to join in on the salty character buffs n nerfs mkx tear meetings because I'll do that in my character community.

Not sure if I mentioned this before but 60 seconds for a match should be a standard. 90 optional.

An option to turn on or off double input commands. Like 1,3 = throw. The ability to turn off this feature instead on turning off input shortcuts. I play stick in mk so it's always on the forefront of my mind when I input commands.

Impossible to do but maybe a more detailed menu on the frame data and the options to have that as long as a choice on the screen just like choosing the strings and moves set. Maybe have it beside the string that way we won't have to switch back and forth 200 times. I make notes now but hey.

A feature for either P1 or P2 to turn off the interactibles for only P1 or P2 instead of voting for it.

Keep the breaker system just the same way as the beta where both players loose stamina.

Can't think of more off the top of my head. Good thread.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Make pokes low profile grabs
Make block breakers cost one bar and all YOUR stamina
Make interactables have a wake up option (idk if that's in the game)
Make njp's more minus
Have the ping bar always there (if you want)
Maybe make some of the Kombat kard backgrounds easier to get
Have more active frames on d2?
Make ft3-ft5 game modes
Make team battle better so you can inv people while your in the match.
Maybe make KOTH like mk9 with the cartoon thing:) I would love that
Make ranked actually have ranked features like gold division or something. Also ranked should punish the people who unplug their cord by making the person who is still connected to nrs servers get the win but the person who isn't gets a demote.
Show ping bar in the char select screen?
Change sky temple up a little bit to make it bearable
Make an interactable one the right side of the screen on the jungle (idk if there is)
Make and option to keep input shortcuts but not keep the 2 buttons at once for grab and 2 buttons at once for interactable?
Buff Erron
Buff Ermac
Nerf full auto
Change female hit boxes?
Yeah. Female hitboxes man. It's 2016 now. Where's the gender equality?:D