What's new

13 of 24 confirmed (not including DLC)...so who's next?

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Huh, well if all these characters are playable then there's quite a few EarthRealm representatives. If you also take into account what we've deciphered from the previews we could have Sonya, Cassie, potentially Johnny Cage, Jax, Jacqui, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Kano, Kenshi, Takeda, and Sub-Zero. That's 11 characters of maybe.... a 25 character roster. It worries me that other Realms may end up being underrepresented.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
These threads keep getting made because the old ones die out when there isn't constant news... I'm sure more will be made before the game comes out lol

Current roster:
Sub, Scorp, Kitana, Reptile, Lao, Goro, Ermac, D'Vorah, F/T, Quan , Raiden, Kano, Kotal, Cassie
(9 returning, 4 new)

Unconfirmed returning:
Mileena, Liu, Jax, Sonya
(4 more returning for a total of 13 with 4 new)

After playing through Story Mode again, I am 100% positive that Shinnok will return.
(1 more returning = 14, 4 new)

Boon's tweets about Jacks imply that Jax or Jacqui (or both) will be in.
(1 more returning and 1 more new = 15, 5)

Deadly Alliance had 10 completely new characters introduced (not counting Moloch... Sareena doesn't count in GBA TE) and Boon said that this one will have more than any other game. For this to be true, there will have to be at least 11 new characters, so 6 more are needed. This makes the roster 26 and I'm sure it will be larger than that.

Last edited:
1. Milleena
2. Liu Kang
3. Shang
4. Jax
5. Sonya
6. Shinnok
7. Erron
8. Takeda

+ hopefully 3 more new. Milleena-Sonya are almost certainly confirmed, shinnok makes a ton of sense, Erron/Takeda make decent sense given the comics(one of them may be bow guy).

If none of the above is bow guy, he could be fujin or it could just be another new character. Either way I'm already somewhat disappointed at the lack of new characters given what they initially said.

Edit: or you could just read Konqrr's post.

eNARV

Capital Punishment
Anyone remember that "Hotwire" tweet ed hinted at back then?? What ever happened to that lol?? I thought it'd be a new cyborg character (which would be sickk)

eNARV

Capital Punishment
Jax, Sonya, Mileena, Kenshi and Liu Kang (basically confirmed dont deny it :p ) 18/25 (Goro is the 25th char.).

IMO shinnok will be the story mode unlockable character , 19/26.

Fujin is gonna be in almost garauntee it (mk9 had soundbytes of brutality AND fujin but were left out in final build, so if brutality is in why cant fujin?) 20/26.

The remaining 6 characters are NEW characters to make it 10 new characters (pointless to make guesses right now but idk um erron, jacqui, takeda, BowMan and 2 others idfk.)

I think I have a pretty convincing theory hm? Oh and plus the 4 DLC char = 30 characters BAM boomshakala. Solved the puzzle

Last edited:

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
About the roster, I will assume an initial roster of 26 before DLC

- From MK9: 16
10 already known: Scorpion, Subzero, Kitana, Reptile, Ermac, Kung Lao, Raiden, Kano, Quan Chi, Goro.
6 to be confirmed: Sonya, Johnny, Jax, Liu Kang, (or Kenshi).

- New chars: 10
4 already known: Cassie, Kotal, D'vorah, Ferra/Torr
6 to be confirmed: Takeda, Jaquie, Bow guy, 3 more.

- DLC: 6

4 klassic kombatants (from previous MK): Noob-Smoke, Sektor, Havik, Fujin
2 guess chars: T-800, Predator (let me dream)

Enjoy, :coffee:.

Last edited:

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Everything points to an initial roster of around 30. MKX needs 12 new characters in total to be the highest in that regard and that is the number I expect. That leaves plenty of room for more returning characters.

Some people are trying to use the pre-launch events of MK9 and IGAU to predict the select screen/roster size but comparing those games with MKX is useless. MKX is a GINORMOUS project by NRS's standards and they will treat it very differently to MK9 or IGAU.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
- DLC: 6

4 klassic kombatants (from previous MK): Noob-Smoke, Sektor, Havik, Fujin
Somehow I thought that Kombat Pack's description reads as "4 characters, including Klassic Kombatants and iconic guest characters" or something. Am I wrong?
Or are you referring to the possibility of additional DLCs down the line?

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Everything points to an initial roster of around 30. MKX needs 12 new characters in total to be the highest in that regard and that is the number I expect. That leaves plenty of room for more returning characters.

Some people are trying to use the pre-launch events of MK9 and IGAU to predict the select screen/roster size but comparing those games with MKX is useless. MKX is a GINORMOUS project by NRS's standards and they will treat it very differently to MK9 or IGAU.
Nothing points at a initial 30 roster. The "most new characters"- argument doesnt count anymore since Ed Boon pulled back in a interview last year and said its gonna have around the same amount of new characters like deception what had 8 new characters. Dont expect more than 4-5 coming new characters to be revealed.

Also the "its a big project" argument is kinda meh. Every game is a big project for NRS.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
13 confirmed, plus Mileena, Sonya, Jax, Jacqui, Kenshi or Takeda (or both but I think one is undeniable) and Bow Man are all but confirmed as well. Mileena Sonya Ken/Tak Bow Man and Jax because recent events, Jacqui because it is now obvious that Boon's "Two Jacks" tweet was Jax and Jacqui.

So that's pretty much 19 definites.

Also, hard to imagine a high profile big money MK game without Liu Kang. Too well known to the casuals and that's where the money comes from. That's why guys like Kano were brought back. It's hard to imagine that dramatic MK9 ending with no Shinnok in MKX as well. That would be like watching Batman Begins with the Joker at the end and then the upcoming movie be about Penguin with no Joker at all. Ain't happening.

That makes 21.

So if it was a 24 character roster pre-DLC, there would only be 3 spots left. :eek:

callMEcrazy

Nothing points at a initial 30 roster. The "most new characters"- argument doesnt count anymore since Ed Boon pulled back in a interview last year and said its gonna have around the same amount of new characters like deception what had 8 new characters. Dont expect more than 4-5 coming new characters to be revealed.

Also the "its a big project" argument is kinda meh. Every game is a big project for NRS.
I don't care about new characters. I'm good with them and I'm good without them. So I have no problems with NRS changing their story as many times as they like. But as for the roster size, again, everything points to around 30 at launch. Maybe you read interviews and body language very differently. Personally, I have little doubt that there are gonna be at least 28 characters, possibly 30 at launch.

And no offense but you seem to understand nothing about projects or game development. Character balance alone, if nothing else, makes MKX a much bigger project than MK9.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
I don't care about new characters. I'm good with them and I'm good without them. So I have no problems with NRS changing their story as many times as they like. But as for the roster size, again, everything points to around 30 at launch. Maybe you read interviews and body language very differently. Personally, I have little doubt that there are gonna be at least 28 characters, possibly 30 at launch.

And no offense but you seem to understand nothing about projects or game development. Character balance alone, if nothing else, makes MKX a much bigger project than MK9.
Well looks like 30 characters are confirmed since your "reading interviews and body language"- skills confirmed it.
Sorry but this is beyond silly as a argument.

callMEcrazy

Well looks like 30 characters are confirmed since your "reading interviews and body language"- skills confirmed it.
Sorry but this is beyond silly as a argument.
Since such skills are beyond you I'll make it simpler. If you want quotes Ed Boon himself said MKX would have at least as many characters as MK9 in an earlier interview.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Since such skills are beyond you I'll make it simpler. If you want quotes Ed Boon himself said MKX would have at least as many characters as MK9 in an earlier interview.
With your masterful "skills" you would know that he never said "at least as many" as MK9 and instead said "about the same size as MK9".
This is a HUGE difference and can still mean less than MK9 and MK9 didnt even had 30 from the start.

callMEcrazy

With your masterful "skills" you would know that he never said "at least as many" as MK9 and instead said "about the same size as MK9".
This is a HUGE difference and can still mean less than MK9 and MK9 didnt even had 30 from the start.
Just because you don't possess the skill doesn't mean others don't. It's quite a common thing that interviewers or people in recruitment are required to have.

If Boon indeed said "about the same size" then by definition there WON'T be a huge difference. But indulge yourself.

Not a great day for common sense.