What's new

1, 2 Freddy's coming.......to MK9

I shit you not, I honestly expected Freddy or Predator no lies. I think Predator would have made an awesome addition but then again so would have rick from Splatterhouse :}

Its your f*ckin NIGHTMARE hahaha

can't wait to see what ol' freddy's all about

Predator would be teh shit in this game, no doubt

Pikachu

I Pikachu while you shower.
1...2 They took your money from you.
3...4 MK9 is no more.
5...6 This game needs a fix.
7...8 Freddy is what I hate.
9...10 I won't be playing this again.

btbb99

Noob
Larz said:
1...2 They took your money from you.
3...4 MK9 is no more.
5...6 This game needs a fix.
7...8 Freddy is what I hate.
9...10 I won't be playing this again.
LMAO, 1 2 They took your money from you. Ain't that the truth, if it wasn't obvious enough before that boon and company want nothing more but our money i think it's pretty clear now.. what great way for boon to stick by his promise of bringing mk9 "back to it's roots" by adding freddy krueger and jason to the mk cast ;)

Dark_Rob

Noob
This is the absolute dumbist shit Ive ever seen. How dare WB/NRS drive a stake through the heart of this game that weve been working so hard to make a legitimate tournament fighter??? This is going to make MK9 the laughing stock of the FG community. Im so angry right now I could spit nickels.

Freddy Krueger??? Are you fucking kidding me??? Whats next a powerpuff girl? A power ranger?

btbb99

Noob
Dark_Rob said:
This is the absolute dumbist shit Ive ever seen. How dare WB/NRS drive a stake through the heart of this game that weve been working so hard to make a legitimate tournament fighter??? This is going to make MK9 the laughing stock of the FG community. Im so angry right now I could spit nickels.

Freddy Krueger??? Are you fucking kidding me??? Whats next a powerpuff girl? A power ranger?
i still cannot believe this, i don't think anyone can, the first time i saw this i thought it was a joke and the more the more i think of it the more rediculous i think it is, your post had me laughing hard as hell because i was am thinking the same thing, Freddy Fucking Krueger? WTF? anyway looking forward to seeing you at summerjam rob, hope you will be there!

I was pretty sure it was going to be a new character that they released but didn't expect a freddy. Pretty dumb really. Then again they have kratos in the game but I rarely see him used. Unless freddy is imba I don't think he will get much use online.

I still have a really hard time believing that no one saw this coming. There were rumors of it from the very get go before the whole roster was even complete. It was a fresh business relationship and Freddy is one of its Biggest properties that would fit the atmosphere the other for a possible 5th, Im assuming it will be Jason. On the note of "weve been working so hard to make a legitimate tournament fighter" Why would adding DLC make any difference? let alone what would be the big deal if he could not be used?

I honestly really dig the idea, I am an avid horror fan and and enjoy bringing the two together. Like i mentioned before, I also honestly thought the 4th would be either Freddy, Predator, or Rick from Splatterhouse and with Predator being a Fox Property the chances were slim but could have been amazing.

I think the thing that pissed a lot of people off was that "their" DLC list didnt match NRS DLC list. if they include Robo Smoke along with Unmasked Sub i think a lot of people will change their mind set to a lesser degree but who knows??? The people that hated the game in the first place for not being 2D are going to hate it no matter what. :D

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Dark_Rob said:

This is pretty much what I had originally posted, sans-PowerPuff girl. I instead inserted Nathan Drake from Uncharted.

this is fucking pathetic. even those his mechanics look awesome, pathetic and desperate is what comes to mind......

shit is turning lame as fuck...

Noob
There are 2 things I have to say about this.

1. Keep in mind that WB owns NRS and probably contracted them into including him(or some WB character). It may be something that NRS had zero control over. We'll never know for sure.

2. While I agree that there are many more characters from the MK Universe that would have fit the game better, especially storyline-wise, the fact remains that they could have introduced a brand new character with the exact same moveset as Freddy, looking entirely different, double clawed hands, etc. If the character was some hot, half naked chick with clawed hands and the same moveset that Freddy will have, half of you who are mad would be screaming "EPIC!!!" right now.

I'm not saying that Freddy was a good choice. There were definitely better choices. I AM saying, however, that there very well could be reasons that he's included that have more to do with pencil pushers and lawyers than we know... NRS may never have had any input other than the character's moveset and development.

Personally, I'm neither excited or disappointed...it's just another character.

I would have, however, been excited if it were another MK character. So, on that note, here's to hoping we see them continue making DLC characters from the MK Universe.

Dark Rob, don't give up this game. You love to play it, and without Freddy, it's still the same game you love. Even with him, as I said, he's just another character.