What's new

Match-up Discussion (1.06) Superman Matchup Discussion

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Bane is 5-5 now.

Nerfed f.2 range means we have a little more breathing room to space you out with d.1 and d.2. Nerfed lasers means we get in a little bit easier. Bane punishes just as hard, harder if he spends meter, etc.

Solid even MU now, in my opinion.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Bane is 5-5 now.

Nerfed f.2 range means we have a little more breathing room to space you out with d.1 and d.2. Nerfed lasers means we get in a little bit easier. Bane punishes just as hard, harder if he spends meter, etc.

Solid even MU now, in my opinion.
Are superman's armor breaking properties not as big of a deal now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
also against bane the air laser nerf has actually helped against the venom charge because it keeps me in the air a lil longer but we do have to zone more careful, but with trait on its still good for Superman.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Are superman's armor breaking properties not as big of a deal now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's why it's 5-5 lol.

also against bane the air laser nerf has actually helped against the venom charge because it keeps me in the air a lil longer but we do have to zone more careful, but with trait on its still good for Superman.
Why would we charge you from full screen? :S

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Its things like this that make me exist. Also I could see it being 5-5 but I still think its 6-4 Supes favour because even though f.2 lost some range, its not enough to free us up from the footsies entirely.

xQUANTUMx

He can still trait cancel into frame trap which negates some of your options. I've always respected bane's ability to put the hurt on. I usually try to get the life lead and sit on it because I'm a scumbag

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
He can still trait cancel into frame trap which negates some of your options. I've always respected bane's ability to put the hurt on. I've always tried to get the life lead and sit on it because I'm a scumbag
Theres no such thing as a life lead vs Bane, simply because once we get in you'll pretty much lose your bar on the spot. Also with your lack of mix-ups you might want to save that trait for something else since we can just block and then open you up like a lunchable once its over.

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
He can still trait cancel into frame trap which negates some of your options. I've always respected bane's ability to put the hurt on. I usually try to get the life lead and sit on it because I'm a scumbag
what trait cancel is a frame trap?

What do you Supe's players think about the Lex MU? I haven't played online in ages, and last time I did, there were hardly any Superman players, at least compared to pre-patch. So I'm totally in dark regarding the match-up.

I'm guessing it can't be as horrible for Lex as it was before, now that he can actually play footsies, but that armor-breaking trait... thoughts?

xQUANTUMx

what trait cancel is a frame trap?
3~trait and variations. Like j3~3~trait couldn't be reversal supered by supermans then 2f super.
This is based on a read though obv. it doesn't negate bane's armor if he's not using it and just blocking it of course. It's situational

xQUANTUMx

Theres no such thing as a life lead vs Bane, simply because once we get in you'll pretty much lose your bar on the spot. Also with your lack of mix-ups you might want to save that trait for something else since we can just block and then open you up like a lunchable once its over.
True, I'm finding that running away from bane is often better than a war of attrition but I lack Bane experience to correctly evaluate the match at this point

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
True, I'm finding that running away from bane is often better than a war of attrition but I lack Bane experience to correctly evaluate the match at this point
Its an interesting MU now, it plays almost the same only much better for Bane's side of things.

xQUANTUMx

Its an interesting MU now, it plays almost the same only much better for Bane's side of things.
This feels true for a lot of big blue's matches. It's either he fell really hard, or we just need to play catchup and re learn every single match (or a bit of both)

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
That's why it's 5-5 lol.

Why would we charge you from full screen? :S
I don't think it's a good idea but man does it happen all the time online. Doesn't make sense to me but I don't get to play a good bane a lot.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
This feels true for a lot of big blue's matches. It's either he fell really hard, or we just need to play catchup and re learn every single match (or a bit of both)
Yeah. Its pretty much if you're going to f.23 you better make sure you have a definite way to run outside of d.2/d.1 range because if not you can count yourself up for about 35% off your lifebar and oki which... lets be fair... even after your FP buff its still not going to save you lol...

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
What do you Supe's players think about the Lex MU? I haven't played online in ages, and last time I did, there were hardly any Superman players, at least compared to pre-patch. So I'm totally in dark regarding the match-up.

I'm guessing it can't be as horrible for Lex as it was before, now that he can actually play footsies, but that armor-breaking trait... thoughts?
It's definitely better for lex but still in Supes favor. His trait is bad for lex still. As a superman player I have to be more patient and be smarter against lex and play footsies. I mean I could be 5-5 but at this point I still give it to supes. This is all IMO.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
Yeah. Its pretty much if you're going to f.23 you better make sure you have a definite way to run outside of d.2/d.1 range because if not you can count yourself up for about 35% off your lifebar and oki which... lets be fair... even after your FP buff its still not going to save you lol...
I agree with this. And when it comes to the FP buff you pretty much have to make an excellent read or it's a prediction because it does trade. The armor has too much of a delay.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'd hate to think RYX is right, but yeah now that you mention it FP armor is pretty late. Like pre-patch DD venom armor late... It has potential to be 5-5.

xQUANTUMx

I hate that buff it's useless. I get knocked out of that shit all the time

Edit: used to. I don't mess around with it for that purpose anymore. It does ok chip to close out a round or corner carry.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
I hate that buff it's useless. I get knocked out of that shit all the time

Edit: used to. I don't mess around with it for that purpose anymore. It does ok chip to close out a round or corner carry.
Yeah FP is almost useless. Were I found use for it was say I knock them down with a HZ and the do MB FP from full screen. And either blow up a wake up or get some chip and push back.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Cause I hate that bitch, how do you think the Superman-Raven match up is played now guys?

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
oh god. im not quite sure how it changed. i played Bindman's raven and its still hard as shit. so same strategy, but the 1 thing that i think does help is the MB FP if you make her do the wrong pillar by dashing back or forward depending the situation. then once your in try to stay in. but if you referring to other ravens which DO NOT play like Blindman, i dont really have a problem with. but i want to make it clear i have not beat Blindman's raven yet so its really hard to say other that what is already known.