What's new

Match-up Discussion (1.06) Superman Matchup Discussion

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
oh god. im not quite sure how it changed. i played Bindman's raven and its still hard as shit. so same strategy, but the 1 thing that i think does help is the MB FP if you make her do the wrong pillar by dashing back or forward depending the situation. then once your in try to stay in. but if you referring to other ravens which DO NOT play like Blindman, i dont really have a problem with. but i want to make it clear i have not beat Blindman's raven yet so its really hard to say other that what is already known.
Thats cause @Blindman, is broken. I'm still having trouble against Mr. Mileena's Raven, and trying GL in that mu just pisses me off. My problem is I have no Idea why in Kal-El's name this bitch has a plus 4 on block string. And with the addition of the f23 range nerf, my rush down game with Superman, is lack luster to say the least. Doing repetitions of f23, without breath only works for so long. I know I have s3xxtrait which is a frame trap though when I look at s3 in practice its frame data says it - on block though that could just be an NRS mistake. But since most people duck, I don't see the point of doing 1,1 even though its plus 2 on block, though I guess I could try standing 2xxtrait, 1,1xx, f23. Mainly I'm still trying to figure out how to rush down with superman now, idk how MF SLAYER does it.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
You should be more specific to what your specific problem(s) are with Martian Manhunter so we can tell you how to specifically get around said issues.
I'll ask you this, does superman have any options after blocking mmh over head tele (non crossup one I believe) the one where he gets pushed back slightly on block. Also, is there a way to make it whiff, even on a read?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk pro

Espio

Kokomo
I'll ask you this, does superman have any options after blocking mmh over head tele (non crossup one I believe) the one where he gets pushed back slightly on block. Also, is there a way to make it whiff, even on a read?

Martian Manhunter players usually do one of a couple things: MB back 3, jumping, push, or back dashing after overhead teleport and Forward 2,3 beats all of these options except back dash and Superman's flying punch beats back dash (regular and MB version both work fine). So just pick up on the tendencies of the player. Superman can punish overhead teleport with his super still too.

He has one of the better post blocked teleport games of the cast.

I imagine he has more options so look into those in the lab with Superman.

Walking forward if you read it or are scouting it allowed me offline to punish with forward 2,3, forward 2,3 into MB breath or whatever combo you want (I don't know Superman combos) as I tested just now.

I havent tested it , but I remember reading / hearing over head teleport is less safe now from the current patch. Less safe enough that f23 could punish it. Like I said, havent tested it yet

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
i have found a way to punish MMH's OH tele. so if i do a rising grab on reaction to the tele it moves you forward and out of the way and we recover before him and get a punish. although they will switch it up and can hit us with the regular tele but if they have to start using that then we can get more punishes. what do you guys think? is it to risky? i wasn't thinking of this as a go to thing but if you know your opponent will OH tele this is good to have. xQUANTUMx Gurimmjaw

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
If it works, it becomes a meterless option to punish that shit. Needs further testing. Nice find, man. Espio can you verify this?

i have been testing a lot and it does completely work. and you have a little bit of time to react. its good shit. it will make MMH respect it.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I really like the aspect of not having to spend meter to avoid it so that we can potentially spend meter to punish it. What about the crossup or the ground tele?

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
I really like the aspect of not having to spend meter to avoid it so that we can potentially spend meter to punish it. What about the crossup or the ground tele?

well the ground tele will catch the RG, when it hits though its not really consistent on how you fall, sometimes your hella high and sometimes right in front of them. but the point is to get him to respect it because they dont want the ground tele to be blocked. but it completely lets us blow up the OH. and plus if we mix in walking forward to block it, MB B3, just frame block and the occasional back dash. we will do good.

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
You should be more specific to what your problem(s) are with Martian Manhunter so we can tell you how to get around said issues.
Been away for a couple weeks, busy job hunting, sorry it took so long to reply, but it seems you guys have come up with some ideas. Looks like I need to just work on reading their post-teleport game, and try out the rising grab idea. I had no clue what to do besides MB B3 on reaction.

Good stuff to come back to.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
i have found a way to punish MMH's OH tele. so if i do a rising grab on reaction to the tele it moves you forward and out of the way and we recover before him and get a punish. although they will switch it up and can hit us with the regular tele but if they have to start using that then we can get more punishes. what do you guys think? is it to risky? i wasn't thinking of this as a go to thing but if you know your opponent will OH tele this is good to have. xQUANTUMx Gurimmjaw
I actually used this before. I talked about this with SoundsLikePAUSE. It works as well as flying punch. Superman's super is 5f so I think you can punish his teleport that way too. Some say simply walk forward, but you can also forward dash which I think a better option to do. Doing flying punch may make you evade both teleports. You will have to test yourself. Though mainly just dash forward when you see it coming.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
I actually used this before. I talked about this with SoundsLikePAUSE. It works as well as flying punch. Superman's super is 5f so I think you can punish his teleport that way too. Some say simply walk forward, but you can also forward dash which I think a better option to do. Doing flying punch may make you evade both teleports. You will have to test yourself. Though mainly just dash forward when you see it coming.
finally some tested this to. I haven't tried the FP yet. thinking about it seems like a tighter read than the RG because of startup frames. although it is a decent answer for BOTH teleports. and the super should hit without a doubt. the dash forward is a good option but you're not quite in punishable range and sometimes MMH's hitbox will still hit you but its inconsistent.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
finally some tested this to. I haven't tried the FP yet. thinking about it seems like a tighter read than the RG because of startup frames. although it is a decent answer for BOTH teleports. and the super should hit without a doubt. the dash forward is a good option but you're not quite in punishable range and sometimes MMH's hitbox will still hit you but its inconsistent.
That is correct but It still works. With Rising grab you will get hit if the teleport the other one that comes from the ground. Flying punch seems to hit him out of it. So it is an answer and the 5f super I would be saving a lot in the match up. Not sure of the start up of the trait but if blocked you can use this plus super to punish. Honestly this the best option in the game to punish the teleport on block and the only that will punish it on block.

When you forward dash after the teleport whiffs you are in range to punish. Tested this multiple times. I have not encountered once where I was punished when I would forward dash. This would rather apply to the backdash.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
just playing devil's advocate here, but what about offline? this still work?

Edit: and welcome back buddy :)

Yes this is how I tested this lol. I do what I mostly do a lot and go in the lab test my options. Not once was I not able to punish or get punished by the teleport. Though Superman can punish the teleport when blocked with Super. So really no worries to even make it whiff honestly lol.

And thanks. Great to be back :)

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
That is correct but It still works. With Rising grab you will get hit if the teleport the other one that comes from the ground. Flying punch seems to hit him out of it. So it is an answer and the 5f super I would be saving a lot in the match up. Not sure of the start up of the trait but if blocked you can use this plus super to punish. Honestly this the best option in the game to punish the teleport on block and the only that will punish it on block.

When you forward dash after the teleport whiffs you are in range to punish. Tested this multiple times. I have not encountered once where I was punished when I would forward dash. This would rather apply to the backdash.
Yeah that is the down side about it, that the RG gets hit by the regular tele. Although I thought of it like this: the OH tele is there go to so if I punish it by using the RG then he will have to respect that and either use both teles which the other one is extremely punishable or back off of the teleport shit which helps us. This also works on wakeup if MMH try's to OH tele after he knocks you down. I will be putting all this to work. Us having more options the better. And let's not forget that the just frame block works really well too.
I am just glad we got conversation in here. Lol.