What's new

Question Zoner or Rushdown?

Is Black Adam a zoner or rushdown character?

• Zoner

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Rushdown

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Hello, I was wondering what you all think about Black Adams style of gameplay. For me personally I like to zone with him since I have more success. How about you all?

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
He has elements of both which makes him very strong in both parts of his game. He can counter zone against many characters as well. To me he is very well rounded except for a few defensive options. He has a lot of good overheads and a couple frametraps. For me personally i play him as a defensive person til they are in my face then i use my offense to take them away again. Its just all about using each part of his game when you need to.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
If you don't use both, you're not using him to his full potential. I usually use lightning to lock people down so I can dive kick in. Most people won't expect the dive kick for some reason, so using an MB dive kick can make your damage output huge.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
If you don't use both, you're not using him to his full potential. I usually use lightning to lock people down so I can dive kick in. Most people won't expect the dive kick for some reason, so using an MB dive kick can make your damage output huge.
Yea man a huge part of his game is to get them respecting that low and Ex low lightning and then Ex divekick unexpectedly opens them up for full combo. If not you are in at +9. GDLK

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
MK9 has affected my playstyle in injustice a lot, much more than i expected. i rush them down, get the life lead and gtfo

he has zoning elements that require his rushdown options to be respected, thats why hes so strong, some character are zoners or rushdown which means they have certain large holes, black adam can punish you for trying to find that hole

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
his frametraps leave some shit to be desired though, his b23 +3 has some ridiculous shit afterwards with the range of his normals :/

SonicBoomBrad

his frametraps leave some shit to be desired though, his b23 +3 has some ridiculous shit afterwards with the range of his normals :/
While I do agree that his normals aren't the best, it's kind of what makes him balanced. If he had faster normals he'd be way too good. Up close you can abuse the crouch 1 into zap for poking. I don't exactly remember what the move is called though.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
While I do agree that his normals aren't the best, it's kind of what makes him balanced. If he had faster normals he'd be way too good. Up close you can abuse the crouch 1 into zap for poking. I don't exactly remember what the move is called though.
its the range, not the speed

ive had standing 1s beat me after b23 because theirs had more reach

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
its the range, not the speed

ive had standing 1s beat me after b23 because theirs had more reach
Yea after b23 the best option is to d1 or d1 special. I wish 22 hit really well here but like you said for some reason it doesnt seem to always work well.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Both. Black Adam is at his best when the opponent has about 25% life left (50% of red bar). This is because he can pour his meter into Ex Lightning which does great chip, and really locks the opponent down. On hit you're guaranteed a free normal lightning again and you can pull a psuedo-mix up with another Ex lightning as they might get to jump and try to advance. On block you're guaranteed a normal lightning as well vs. most of the cast (they can jump, i'm talking strictly projectile trading here)

If you have full bar to start by the time you're done locking them down (and hopefully) winning, you'll have built back about 2 bars already. Ex Lightning is his best tool atm as it provides his best spacing option across the screen, does mad chip and builds back nearly 1/4 of a bar you spent.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Both. Black Adam is at his best when the opponent has about 25% life left (50% of red bar). This is because he can pour his meter into Ex Lightning which does great chip, and really locks the opponent down. On hit you're guaranteed a free normal lightning again and you can pull a psuedo-mix up with another Ex lightning as they might get to jump and try to advance. On block you're guaranteed a normal lightning as well vs. most of the cast (they can jump, i'm talking strictly projectile trading here)

If you have full bar to start by the time you're done locking them down (and hopefully) winning, you'll have built back about 2 bars already. Ex Lightning is his best tool atm as it provides his best spacing option across the screen, does mad chip and builds back nearly 1/4 of a bar you spent.
adding that they cant jump after a lightning on hit if you do ex, the beams have awesome hitboxes

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
adding that they cant jump after a lightning on hit if you do ex, the beams have awesome hitboxes
Yep. Ex lightning on block gives 1/2 screen pushback and builds a lot of bar back. He easily outlames even Aquaman :)

EDIT: I should also add the opponent cannot clash his lightning. So say bye bye to any sort of comeback factor. Lmao

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
I feel like to be a good Black Adam player, you need to be able to do both, not just one or the other. You might favor one over another, sure, but you gotta do both.

I use both as well but will definitely lean towards one or the other depending on the matchup.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Some frame traps ive been working more and more with and trying out. Ex-Divekick into B23 into 223 into d1 lightning hands is something im liking. However the 223 is not guaranteed as the 2 will be 7 frames (beat by 6 frame moves). 223 is +2 so d1 hands should be free. B23 into d1 hands is guaranteed and is great for b23 on block.

SonicBoomBrad

Some frame traps ive been working more and more with and trying out. Ex-Divekick into B23 into 223 into d1 lightning hands is something im liking. However the 223 is not guaranteed as the 2 will be 7 frames (beat by 6 frame moves). 223 is +2 so d1 hands should be free. B23 into d1 hands is guaranteed and is great for b23 on block.
Is this combo consistent? I fought someone online yesterday who was doing this and while it did more damage than my combo it didn't look like it worked every time, so I stuck to my EX Foot dive>11>Black Magic>b23 U1+3.

Actually, do you play on xbox? It might have been you that I fought. :p

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Is this combo consistent? I fought someone online yesterday who was doing this and while it did more damage than my combo it didn't look like it worked every time, so I stuck to my EX Foot dive>11>Black Magic>b23 U1+3.

Actually, do you play on xbox? It might have been you that I fought. :p
This isnt a combo im talking about. Its pressure. The combo you posted is the one i go to for Ex dive kick.

SonicBoomBrad

This isnt a combo im talking about. Its pressure. The combo you posted is the one i go to for Ex dive kick.
Ah I see. Sorry about that. There is a combo that I've seen people do that goes something like that after an air to air move. I figured that was the one you were talking about.