What's new

Match-up Discussion ZOD MU CHART -Relaxedstate

M2Dave

Zoning Master
sinestro vs zod is all life lead, zod is way harder to play in the fight but if your execution is on point he has no answer to your zoning, on the flip side he's also similar with trait/life lead, that being said your trait can be used to open him up
Pig already knows the intricacies of the match. He has to work on his patience and make better decisions just like all of us.

DarkPage

Noob
might as well just be advantage and disadvantage i mean in the end 6-4 and 4-6 is probably not gonna matter

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I feel like the Batman MU is on Zods favor but I have yet to see a Zod vs Batman match at a high level to be able to tell.

Relaxedstate can you explain why it's even?

astronout

see you at the top.
I think Pig could vouch for me when I say that you may be a bit off in your CW prediction my friend.
please explain why Zod, at the very least, doesn't have a slight advantage (6-4) over catwoman. his backdash and interactable control are not small nuisances that can be overlooked.

MK_Chameleon

The wizard of Zod
please explain why Zod, at the very least, doesn't have a slight advantage (6-4) over catwoman. his backdash and interactable control are not small nuisances that can be overlooked.
Her full screen claw move keeps his zoning very honest. She can stuff all his wakeups then again who cant. But most importantly her J2 and B3 prevents him from back dashing out of pressure.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Right. And you're the one going out there proving how good she is, making top 8s, beating top players and shit. O wait...
You don't beat any top players you get beat by Top players or need I remind you of Insaynne who doesn't even play the game and Jupiter in those '5-5 match-ups'. Your killer frost play is exactly the same as any other standard pseudo online scrub Killer Frost and so is everyone elses and in some cases worse yet you all say she is a good character; the conversation is always about slide and how great a tool it is yet no one is punishing jumps or dashes with it and no one risks using daggers to deal with jumps so just sits there. You dash-in and mbf3 or b1 bounce cancel wasting 2 bars to open someone up out of desperation

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
You don't beat any top players you get beat by Top players or need I remind you of Insaynne who doesn't even play the game and Jupiter in those '5-5 match-ups'. Your killer frost play is exactly the same as any other standard pseudo online scrub Killer Frost and so is everyone elses and in some cases worse yet you all say she is a good character; the conversation is always about slide and how great a tool it is yet no one is punishing jumps or dashes with it and no one risks using daggers to deal with jumps so just sits there. You dash-in and mbf3 or b1 bounce cancel wasting 2 bars to open someone up out of desperation

Her full screen claw move keeps his zoning very honest. She can stuff all his wakeups then again who cant. But most importantly her J2 and B3 prevents him from back dashing out of pressure.
Yea what he said. One HKD is really all she needs against Zod. After that, it's like opening up a can of soup.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Dear MylesWright,

Shut the fuck up.

Sincerely,

Every Killer Frost player ever

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Lol and with all that, I still have made top 8 at tournies with her. Please explain what have you done with her.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Dear MylesWright,

Shut the fuck up.

Sincerely,

Every Killer Frost player ever
You use Batgirl. Let's not pretend you're good at this game

Lol and with all that, I still have made top 8 at tournies with her. Please explain what have you done with her.
I'm sure if I went to tournaments where people were getting hit with slide at the end of a blocked string I'd make Top 8 as well. Killer Frost is a high risk mediocre reward character and bad players are losing to killer frost players who aren't even taking risks

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
You can block ji2 and backdash and whiff punish every follow up

She can't b3 you on reaction only on read

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Zod lacks some of the things that give Catwoman trouble. His back walk speed is super slow and he doesn't have dominate footsies or strong wakeups. For those reasons the match is probably fairly close. I haven't explored it enough to have a real opinion one way or another.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I feel like the Batman MU is on Zods favor but I have yet to see a Zod vs Batman match at a high level to be able to tell.

Relaxedstate can you explain why it's even?
Batmans trait is great at exploiting Zods holes. Grapple hook also keeps Zod honest if used well. Batman has very good mobility to get around zoning too, although it isn't so great that it beat Zods. Batman can also dash under iazb if timed right. In simplest terms, Zod wins 6-4 from afar, but batman wins 6-4 up close. Batman is good at keeping Zod honest, and all it takes is one right read for BAtman to get in on Zod and do some serious dmg. It is close, however itf it did have to lean a direction it would be in Zods favor slightly

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I think Pig could vouch for me when I say that you may be a bit off in your CW prediction my friend.
Like it is a 5-5? Idk. She can definetly hang with Zod, especially on stages that are light with interactables. But add in re spawning interabtables then shit can get ridiculous. When I have trait I can throw an interactable and still have time for a full screen laser/grab.

No I won't vouch for this because offline I'm able to punish your dashes as I did against bit when we played and I learned the MUs

MUs aren't determined when someone is learning the MU and organizing a gameplan
Well the pendulum swings both ways on that since I was gameplanning for you as well buddy. ;)

Like it is a 5-5? Idk. She can definetly hang with Zod, especially on stages that are light with interactables. But add in re spawning interabtables then shit can get ridiculous. When I have trait I can throw an interactable and still have time for a full screen laser/grab.
I'd say even, yea.