What's new

Zod F2 D4 Low Overhead Command Grab Tech Video

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world

What I'm seeing right now messing with it, is KT is just not ready to party after you have summoned him immediately. I noticed that as soon as I summoned him, then did just a f2, then KT still stays in place and doesn't home in on the opponents location to track them right away. So I'm guessing he can command grab before he is actually tracking the opponent. I'll mess with this some more and see what I can't find. Good shit though, Pig. I really like what you do for the community. Thank you, man.
Hey now i said high level zod tch f2 d4 like 20 times in the stream and they finally were like whats this guy talking about :)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
STORMS
GamerBlake90
CrimsonShadow

I do feel my OP accompanied w SimSim great additions and help is front page worthy tech that will forever change how we use him

ZOD is coming and as predicted by me I think he will end up top 5

Shout outs to Dave :) "mediocre"
Fyi, when posting videos it is way more convenient when there is some sort of write-up explaining the video. Good grammar and all of that and it has the potential for an easy promotion without an edit from staff. That's why you'll find posts edited by myself, GamerBlake90 or CrimsonShadow .

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Fyi, when posting videos it is way more convenient when there is some sort of write-up explaining the video. Good grammar and all of that and it has the potential for an easy promotion without an edit from staff. That's why you'll find posts edited by myself, GamerBlake90 or CrimsonShadow .
I guess the summary is:

Pig and Wonderchef found out that they could combo a normal in to Zod's trait grab, which usually isn't possible since there is a built in fail safe for that, that basically stops Zod from doing anything but trait slashes if he has not recovered to attack himself.

They did not know how this worked however, as they only found that they could land it by doing an instant dash after trait activation, followed by a normal canceled in to db4.

I explored it, and found that the key is simply the recovery of the trait itself. After activating trait, the trait has a pretty significant recovery, and it seems that an instant dash after activation, followed by f2 xx 4, is just the timing to get out the grab on the first possible frame. Another way to set up a combo in to grab like this, is to do a trait slash which will put the trait in to recovery, and use that recovery to do a f2 (for example) in to the trait grab on the first possible frame.

Godlessmode explained it pretty well in his post, even though it's just a theory:
I expect they do a state check/set a state during a combo, and because the lil KT-ling is in a non-responsive state the state isn't set correctly to him.

When you just frame the input you manage to get him to receive a command throw instruction before receiving the "in combo" state check data. So instead of refusing the command grab and doing the KT Slap, he instead does the KT grab.
I also gave some pointers on how I would land it consistently off of f2:
Btw, the way I do it consistently is: trait slash, wait 0.1 sec, f2 xx db4 (You need to do this quarter circle motion very fast to make the buffer window work in your favor. What I mean by this is: You need to get the trait grab out on the first frame it is possible, so... a trait reversal.. And since there is a buffer window in injustice, the db4 will keep trying to come out during this window of a few frames, so by doing it as fast as possible, you cover the frame that the trait grab needs to come out on nicely)
Feel free to use the videos I have posted, and excuse my English if there are grammar mistakes. I am Norwegian after all.

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd
Well, in the video, he said that it was really hard to explain verbally. So I can just imagine trying to put it on paper. Like he said, I really didn't fully understand what he was talking about until I went in the lab and tried it myself.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Well, in the video, he said that it was really hard to explain verbally. So I can just imagine trying to put it on paper. Like he said, I really didn't fully understand what he was talking about until I went in the lab and tried it myself.
Well, I meant that in general. I did watch the video and was about to edit the first post but thanks to SimSim I don't have to. This thread has now been promoted to an article.

Good stuff to all, especially AK Pig Of The Hut for the video.

My room is really messy.
But this shows the three main things il be using this with

J24, f2 d4

2413, 4, f2 d4
F2413, 4, f2d4

These are the normal pressure strings som basically, if they get hit do the 34 34 34 combos for ,assize damage, if they don't hit do the low overhead. This is mad good stuff

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I wonder at which broken ass bug they'll pull the plug on this one and call it "complete" like they did with mk9.

Mt Mutombo

Banned
I thought F2 into Noel Brown was known...No wonder i did it once and couldn't do ir again...

Either way Pig read this and level up your combos. When you grab him with Noel Brown do a close charged up ground laser and then do your regular b3 combos. Charged up laser adds 8% to 10% more to the combo. I'll post it shortly.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I thought F2 into Noel Brown was known...No wonder i did it once and couldn't do ir again...

Either way Pig read this and level up your combos. When you grab him with Noel Brown do a close charged up ground laser and then do your regular b3 combos. Charged up laser adds 8% to 10% more to the combo. I'll post it shortly.
i do now

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

btw it adds 5%

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
This is awesome. Good job everyone for exploring and sharing. Its fun to be part of a subcommunity that gets shit done. Now lets hope this stays so we can make everyone kneel.