What's new

Tech Zod - Crossup/Fake Crossup Setup from B123 by Disaster FX

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Found this during my labbing, the video more or less speaks for itself, but I'll explain anyway.

After a B123 on a grounded hit, dash twice. If you hold up during the second dash, you will jump on the earliest frame and be on the opponent's opposite side as they wake up and can cross them up on the way down with a J1 or J3. If you delay the jump by a split second, you stay the same side. This is an unseeable mixup similar to MMH dive crossup, meaning there is no animation to react to. What's more is that it is safe from a lot of wake ups, forces them to whiff and/or reverse if you do the crossup variation. B123 is -7 on block, which isn't safe but is hard to punish.
It's worth noting the dummy settings are set to wake up on, auto block and roll on, so it is a clean punish.

Since we got the hard knockdown off D1 and D12 taken away in the 1.06 patch, it's nice to find a mixup where we don't have to use trait or meter.

Thoughts?

AK Pig Of The Hut
EGP Wonder_Chef
SimSim
NY_Jailhouse
promoted by STORMS*

Attachments

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Found this during my labbing, the video more or less speaks for itself, but I'll explain anyway.

After a B123 on a grounded hit, dash twice. If you hold up during the second dash, you will jump on the earliest frame and be on the opponent's opposite side as they wake up and can cross them up on the way down with a J1 or J3. If you delay the jump by a split second, you stay the same side. This is an unseeable mixup similar to MMH dive crossup, meaning there is no animation to react to. What's more is that it is safe from a lot of wake ups, forces them to whiff and/or reverse if you do the crossup variation. B123 is -7 on block, which isn't safe but is hard to punish.
It's worth noting the dummy settings are set to wake up on, auto block and roll on, so it is a clean punish.

Since we got the hard knockdown off D1 and D12 taken away in the 1.06 patch, it's nice to find a mixup where we don't have to use trait or meter.

Thoughts?

AK Pig Of The Hut
EGP Wonder_Chef
SimSim
NY_Jailhouse

Good stuff:) One thing I toyed a little with in the previous version was crossing up in the corner. A lot of strings in to a dash followed by a jump, would cross to the other side. But if you just dashed and attacked, you would be on the same side. One thing I barely tested, but might work, is to cancel the startup frames of a jump in to a special move. I know this is possible in AE, but I am not 100% certain about this game. If it does work, maybe you can do:

b123, dash, dash, hold up and cancel jump frames in to MB laser/Push/trait grab?:p

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Thoughts?

AK Pig Of The Hut
EGP Wonder_Chef
SimSim
NY_Jailhouse
This is totally cool

Good setup/find

Ill play w this a lot

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I couldn't jump cancel in to specials sadly, but it is pretty easy to instant air Zod charge or MB zod balls on the other side. I guess the mb zod balls are pretty easy to react to even though they are overhead, and zod charge can ble blocked by holding down, but it's still an option.

cant see vid, will watch when i leave work
glad finally a use out of that. i always thought the 3 was useless and it was always better to cancel into forcepush or laser

Crathen

Death is my business
wtf some strings that are normally hard knockdowns are not hard knockdowns if used in a juggle??

There are some , like Batmans b112 , if you hit it on a grounded opponent it's an hard knockdown ( common setup can be a juggle into MB Straight Grapple b112 ) however if you hit them while they're in the air it's not an untechable knockdown.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Sad news, it doesn't work on Superman uppercut. He grabs you regardless of the side you choose. :(
d3 meaty makes rising grab whiff. full punish

so the application is a bit limited on this one because most of his combos launch. good for a trait reset though

Pig Of The Hut

in my experience b123 has a very low success rate

yes the tech works really well but the rule upclose is to block low first then if this first hit isnt low from here you must guess where the next mix up will come. So 95% of the time people will block low so really trying to use b123 has around a 5% hit rate w no mix ups on block but again the tech works well on hit.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
in my experience b123 has a very low success rate

yes the tech works really well but the rule upclose is to block low first then if this first hit isnt low from here you must guess where the next mix up will come. So 95% of the time people will block low so really trying to use b123 has around a 5% hit rate w no mix ups on block but again the tech works well on hit.
This is true, but this is hit confirmable right? couldnt you do b12 ps on block or hit confirm into b123 ? Or is the ps interuptable?

Pig Of The Hut

There's
This is true, but this is hit confirmable right? couldnt you do b12 ps on block or hit confirm into b123 ? Or is the ps interuptable?
There's no reason I ever hit confirm w b12 ps. If anything should be hit confirmed its b12 low laser MB

As for block mix ups w b12

B12 low laser MB
B12 ff MB
B1 low laser charge dash cancel trait grab
4 b12 d4
4 b1 4 b12 low laser
4 b1 4 b12 d4
B12 low laser charge dash cancel trait grab

Etc etc etc etc

B123 is low on totem poll next to these mix ups

All 4 b12 d4 string variations are input as one block string and act as one block string That have no holes

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
There's
There's no reason I ever hit confirm w b12 ps. If anything should be hit confirmed its b12 low laser MB

As for block mix ups w b12

B12 low laser MB
B12 ff MB
B1 low laser charge dash cancel trait grab
4 b12 d4
4 b1 4 b12 low laser
4 b1 4 b12 d4
B12 low laser charge dash cancel trait grab

Etc etc etc etc

B123 is low on totem poll next to these mix ups

All 4 b12 d4 string variations are input as one block string and act as one block string That have no holes
That's sexual and violent

Sent from Sam Wheat in the Phantom Zone. now Free