What's new

Zatanna's REAL Nerfs :(

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
If you don't feel like watching the vid, here's the summary.
-If you try to land 2 j2s using a float cancel, the follow up ground normal will reset the combo.
-Using a float outside of cancels can now only be done using up up 3. This changed seems to prevent accidental floats when trying to j3. However, now it's more difficult to do an instant jump forward float right off the ground.

So now I have to go back in the lab and train myself to NOT use j2 xx float, j2 anymore :(

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If you don't feel like watching the vid, here's the summary.
-If you try to land 2 j2s using a float cancel, the follow up ground normal will reset the combo.
-Using a float outside of cancels can now only be done using up up 3. This changed seems to prevent accidental floats when trying to j3. However, now it's more difficult to do an instant jump forward float right off the ground.

So now I have to go back in the lab and train myself to NOT use j2 xx float, j2 anymore :(
Wait, does this mean midair you can't just press u3 to levitate?

Or does it only affect instant air levitate cancels?

Also, wtf with that double jump nerf? I thought it'd just mean you couldn't do 2 double jump cancels in the same combo, but this ._.

deg222

Wait, does this mean midair you can't just press u3 to levitate?

Or does it only affect instant air levitate cancels?

Also, wtf with that double jump nerf? I thought it'd just mean you couldn't do 2 double jump cancels in the same combo, but this ._.
If you're cancelling a jump normal into levitate, you can simply press u3. However if you're doing a bare levitate, you must do u u 3 now. Before you were able to do upforward, up, 3 to do a quicker levitate. I have some dirty corner setups that are now harder to do because of this change.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If you're cancelling a jump normal into levitate, you can simply press u3. However if you're doing a bare levitate, you must do u u 3 now. Before you were able to do upforward, up, 3 to do a quicker levitate. I have some dirty corner setups that are now harder to do because of this change.
Yeah, I know what it was like before, I used to just j, u3 for levi. ARGH that's gonna be annoying to adjust to ._. I didn't even get levitate instead of j3 anyways (just do d3, not that hard)

Shame on her damage nerf... :(

Can you confirm if she can still levitate, teleport, levitate, teleport. I like doing that against some characters to get meter etc.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
How's the input change to levitate? I mean, I was getting it pretty consistently before, but is it much easier now?

deg222

How's the input change to levitate? I mean, I was getting it pretty consistently before, but is it much easier now?
It hasn't changed at all when cancelling from a jump normal. To do a levitate by itself, it's no way easier. You can only use the up direction to do it, not the diagonals. It's not extremely difficult, it's just going to take time to both execute and get used to.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
It hasn't changed at all when cancelling from a jump normal. To do a levitate by itself, it's no way easier. You can only use the up direction to do it, not the diagonals. It's not extremely difficult, it's just going to take time to both execute and get used to.
Woopsie, had a brain fart. I meant to say teleport lolol. Is it much easier?

deg222

Woopsie, had a brain fart. I meant to say teleport lolol. Is it much easier?
I'm kinda in the same boat as you are.... I never really had that much trouble with it. If you just twirl the joystick, you can sometimes get a teleport lol. I guess it's easier.

Does she have enough advantage off a J2 on hit to do her resets?

Instead of whiffing a normal during trance, she gets extra damage from j2 levi j2, and it will reset the combo. So if she has enough adv it isnt too bad.

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
Does she have enough advantage off a J2 on hit to do her resets?

Instead of whiffing a normal during trance, she gets extra damage from j2 levi j2, and it will reset the combo. So if she has enough adv it isnt too bad.
she has enough advantage of j2 and it might be even more that it resets the combo and shes closer to the ground with the 2nd j2 compared j2 alone no?

she has enough advantage of j2 and it might be even more that it resets the combo and shes closer to the ground with the 2nd j2 compared j2 alone no?
Yeah thats what I think. Both B1 and B2 reach.

She's +17, so idk if the B1 will hit (20 frames) but i know they can backdash th overhead. so idk.

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
Man can't catch a break. . . dunno bout this pick now. Was happy pre patch overall but man this sucks.
i liked the j2 levi combos..all those button presses made me happy now i feel naked without my levi cancels lol. Seems like ending trance combos with j2 levi j2 will be they way to go now

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Oh god did they seriously remove Zatanna's most stylin' way to add damage to her combos? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF~ NRS~!

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Whaaat!? Did she get a damage nerf? :S wtf. Also they removed her REAL reset/vortex :( I hope ji2~levitate~D2 gets enough advantage tho. Also just being able to levitate cancel twice ina combo is not bad lol.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
she can still do j2 levi j3 though in the corner and stuff like that so I'm trying to find alternatives for corner and midscreen damage