What's new

Tech Zatanna's "Earth Shake"

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Wait, people actually block after a Trance? I just mash buttons and hope I get a string
:DOGE
Yeah that's a bit of a problem to this set up I think. Cause Zatanna is -1 or 2 off of a landed trance and ppl can hit her out of the dash. Does a standing 3 hit your opponent after a f21 trance?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Yeah that's a bit of a problem to this set up I think. Cause Zatanna is -1 or 2 off of a landed trance and ppl can hit her out of the dash. Does a standing 3 hit your opponent after a f21 trance?
Exactly why I said go for a jump in instead of the dash. Chances are they will jump and you will air to air them or stuff whatever random normal comes out of their mashing. Once that happens they start respecting the trance and actually block, (at least in my experiences they do). Also the setup is most practical in the corner, as there is no dash and it becomes harder to the standing 3 cancel followup since the dash forward midscreen takes away about a full second. Time it right in the corner and you can have a 2-1 frame block situation.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Yes it does, but 3~trance can be punished on block and 3~kicks can be back dashed or jumped(not 100% sure of jumping) and punished on block.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Yes it does, but 3~trance can be punished on block and 3~kicks can be back dashed or jumped(not 100% sure of jumping) and punished on block.
Again, recommend corner use unless you know your opponent is going to respect it midscreen.

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
If you had the meter you MB the follow up kicks or trance you'd probably be better spending it for vortex. I always double tap fwd with reversed imputs mid screen and d4 in the corner. If you're going to follow up after a non MB trance I'd try for something meterless personally